Windows 10: WINS in Win 10?

Discus and support WINS in Win 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am possibly completely wrong but I thought Win 10 had an in-built WINS. If I am wrong what is it that resolves the names of machines on my LAN which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MacNala, Jun 12, 2016.

1. MacNala Win User

WINS in Win 10?

I am possibly completely wrong but I thought Win 10 had an in-built WINS.
    If I am wrong what is it that resolves the names of machines on my LAN which runs on VMs and real machines.
    I am trying to set up an Apache server to be accessible from any of my machines not just the one that runs the Apache server vbxwA2.
    To access the Apache server from another machine I am using Web Server's Default Pagewebsitename
    or alternatively http://192.168.1.10/websitename.
    I think both should work but they don't?
    Baffled!

:)

MacNala, Jun 12, 2016

2. Install Win 10 Upgrade Direct from Win 7 Pro - Do Not 1st Clean Install Win 10 ISO - If You Want Free Activation

Upgrade Win 10 install fails after 100% MSFT download of Win 10.

Own legal Win 7 Pro license. The other day, force downloaded then made clean install of Win 10 on separate drive to have a dual boot system. Realized to activate Win 10, I need to upgrade to Win 10 direct from Win 7 first, before making a Win 10 clean install.
    Wiped clean install.

Now, when trying the direct upgrade route, Win 10 Upgrade install repeatedly fails after 100% Win 10 MSFT download.

0. Made system image of Win 7 pro. Made sure all files were backed up to other drives.

1. Forced Win 10 download
    wuauclt.exe /updatenow

2. Created a bootable ISO file using ESD Image for
    Windows 10

3. Installed Win 10 on separate drive from Win 7 pro

4. Discovered direct upgrade is necessary to let MSFT cloud know Win 10 is legal!!!!

5. Tried downloading Win 10 - download fails repeatedly

6. Tried to install Win 10 by iso upgrade - says it can't be done

7. MSFT Win 10 scheduled upgrade - download "fails" after 100% download

Rock Blues Guitar, Jun 12, 2016
  3. slance310 Win User
    Upgrade win7 pro to win10 pro on a pc with uefi win10 home

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe that the free upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 has expired...

Have you tried entering the Win 7 Pro key after the upgrade to Win 10 Home is complete ?

slance310, Jun 12, 2016
Thema:

WINS in Win 10?

1. WINS in Win 10? - Similar Threads - WINS

2. Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f: Hi, my machine was purchased directly from Dell 1 year ago and was working fine up until about a month ago and now keeps randomly rebooting. I don't play any games or run anything high power - it will reboot even if I just have a web browser open and I'm not actively doing...
  3. Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f: Hi, my machine was purchased directly from Dell 1 year ago and was working fine up until about a month ago and now keeps randomly rebooting. I don't play any games or run anything high power - it will reboot even if I just have a web browser open and I'm not actively doing...
  4. error code 0x80072f8f - 0x20000 with download of media creation tool for Win 7 pro to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0x80072f8f - 0x20000 with download of media creation tool for Win 7 pro to win 10: I am trying to update my win 7 pro computer which had been upgraded already to win 10, but reverted back to 7 when my starter pin did not work and I had to boot in safe mode back to win 10. When I try to download the Microsoft Media tool, i get an error message: "unable to...
  5. error code 0x80072f8f - 0x20000 with download of media creation tool for Win 7 pro to win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error code 0x80072f8f - 0x20000 with download of media creation tool for Win 7 pro to win 10: I am trying to update my win 7 pro computer which had been upgraded already to win 10, but reverted back to 7 when my starter pin did not work and I had to boot in safe mode back to win 10. When I try to download the Microsoft Media tool, i get an error message: "unable to...
  6. error code 0x80072f8f - 0x20000 with download of media creation tool for Win 7 pro to win 10

7. built a gaming pc and trying to load a win.10 disk os fails to loaddoes the external cd...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    built a gaming pc and trying to load a win.10 disk os fails to loaddoes the external cd...: Is an OS installation required to operate the external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-a-gaming-pc-and-trying-to-load-a-win10-disk/0fa1aa94-c707-40b7-9e60-ef6d8e10a7db
  8. built a gaming pc and trying to load a win.10 disk os fails to loaddoes the external cd...

built a gaming pc and trying to load a win.10 disk os fails to loaddoes the external cd...: Is an OS installation required to operate the external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-a-gaming-pc-and-trying-to-load-a-win10-disk/0fa1aa94-c707-40b7-9e60-ef6d8e10a7db
  9. built a gaming pc and trying to load a win.10 disk os fails to loaddoes the external cd...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Migrating an entire data disk from Win 10 to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating an entire data disk from Win 10 to Win 11: I have searched but cannot spot an answer to the same situation as mine. Sorry if I missed one :- Anyhow - Here it is. I have a new desktop PC running Windows 11. My old desktop was windows 10 with a 500Gb system disk and a 2Tb data disk. I have thought about how best to...