Windows 10: wins would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis

Discus and support wins would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my wins 10 would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis, and not doing the updates.... at the beginning, the the computer would hang and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by keithktam, Aug 23, 2017.

1. keithktam Win User

wins would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis

my wins 10 would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis, and not doing the updates.... at the beginning, the the computer would hang and I need to reboot it, and this would cause my win icon rearranged, there was a time, my wins would tell me it is fixing my hd(which is an SSD actually). don't know what going on, is it do to with the recent update of windows or is it a foreshadowing that my computer about to break and i should back up my stuff??

edit: just tried system restore, it said there was a critical updates on the 22nd, but unable to be restored to that point, strange.....

thank you.

Keith

:)

keithktam, Aug 23, 2017
  2. EmazAnwar Win User

theme

Are you trying to say that you want your phone to change its theme by its own on daily basis? If yes, then it is not possible at the moment. Use Feedback Hub to share your ideas so that it could be added in the next phone update, if possible!

EmazAnwar, Aug 23, 2017
  3. One user keeps hibernating her PC by mistake?!

I have one user that complains that her PC goes to sleep all on its own while she is actively working on it, on a daily basis, some times several times a day. I couldn't recreate her problem. This was orignally happening on her Win 7 Dell Optiplex 790.
    I upgraded it to Win 10, but it still happened. I then did a clean wipe to Win 10, and she still keeps doing it. I have checked power options and BIOS settings, and can find nothing out of the ordinary.

So I finally gave up and gave her a new Dell Optiplex 7010. THE SAME THING IS STILL HAPPENING!!!!

I have tested ways of hibernating a PC via a keyboard shortcut, but it is not native in Win 10. You have to create the shortcut.

Is this just a massive coincidence that both PC's (old and new) have some kind of faulty Motherboard?!

Please help?

PantheonFinancial, Aug 23, 2017
  4. wins would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis

Hi keithktam.

First you should always backup and then backup again on a different device if your data is important.

Next I would check disk health with CrystalDiskInfo. It will give you a quick health status.

https://crystalmark.info/software/Cr...o/index-e.html

Next I would recommend you check your storage drive, HDD or SSD.

Right click on start, click Command Prompt(admin) and enter the following command

chkdsk /f

It will tell you you need to restart, do so.

You must have your back up done before this as chkdsk may be the straw that breaks the camels back.

If this is a desktop I would also check your cabling, powered off. Unplug and re-plug data cable.

Once you confirm disk is clean you can work on an in place repair / upgrade.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

This will install the Creator update, v1703 in case you are on the Anniversary update. I usually recommend that you also create an Image of your existing system with a tool like Macrium Reflect just in case the install goes sideways.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 23, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    The other is check the tasks. You can pull the logs also and see if it shows any errors. A reboot like that, could be a hung up update, so rolling back to a previous System Restore or do a Repair that does not remove programs and account, will reinstall Windows and then you have to just delete the windows.old when done.

bro67, Aug 24, 2017
  6. keithktam Win User
    where can i access the task? thanks.

keithktam, Aug 24, 2017
  7. keithktam Win User
    and just then, I was restarting the computer four times just to get access to windows, backup everything now, tried the crystal info thing, health is good, and done the chkdsk /f thing, nothing happened, so don't know what to do next as I am starting to fear it may be a hardware issue, some other hardware I mean....

keithktam, Aug 24, 2017
  8. wins would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis

If your data is backed up I would try the in place repair / upgrade I mentioned above. It does take you to the Creator Update, V1703, FYI.

You haven't listed any of your system specs and I strongly recommend that.

How old is your system?

Is your system capable of being overclocked. I ask as some motherboards are set to overclock automatically. They try one set of settings and boot, evaluate things and if they are not satisfied they will reboot with a different, lower, set of settings. They usually find a happy spot and then stop this activity. When you list system specs please include Motherboard maker, model and Revision number if applicable.

When I asked about system I was thinking about age and strength of CMOS battery. These things are cheap and if your system is five years old it wouldn't hurt to replace. Document what your BIOS settings are before removing so you know what they should be.

I not saying to do this, that is upgrade, but do you know if your Motherboard has a newer BIOS available.

Is anything being recorded in Reliability History. Type that phrase into Cortana, click on app and have a look at what it is seeing.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 24, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

wins would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis

1. wins would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis - Similar Threads - wins restart times

2. Computer is restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...
  3. Computer is restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...
  4. BSOD on a daily basis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on a daily basis: Hi, first time asking for help here.Basically I've been having issues with my laptop for a while now and it's mostly BSOD while doing nothing like browsing the web or laptop would just be sitting and literally not doing anything. But while playing games it won't get any BSOD...
  5. BSOD on a daily basis

BSOD on a daily basis: Hi, first time asking for help here.Basically I've been having issues with my laptop for a while now and it's mostly BSOD while doing nothing like browsing the web or laptop would just be sitting and literally not doing anything. But while playing games it won't get any BSOD...
  6. Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis: When gaming or watching films the screen will freeze and then the computer will cut out then restart. This has happened daily for the past 3 days. I have tried sfc /scannow which fixed some corrupt files but issue persists. Any suggestions or advice received with...
  7. Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis

Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis: When gaming or watching films the screen will freeze and then the computer will cut out then restart. This has happened daily for the past 3 days. I have tried sfc /scannow which fixed some corrupt files but issue persists. Any suggestions or advice received with...
  8. Multiple BSOD on daily basis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD on daily basis: Hi All, I am currently really struggling to ge to the bottom of this issue, Ive been getting multiple bluescreens on a daily basis, I have re install windows and issue is still occuring so i thought it could be hardware related. I have tested and checked the following to make...
  9. Multiple BSOD on daily basis

Multiple BSOD on daily basis: Hi All, I am currently really struggling to ge to the bottom of this issue, Ive been getting multiple bluescreens on a daily basis, I have re install windows and issue is still occuring so i thought it could be hardware related. I have tested and checked the following to make...
  10. My Windows 10 Restarts Unexpectedly On a Daily Basis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 Restarts Unexpectedly On a Daily Basis: Over the past 2 to 3 days my computer has began performing random restarts. Ive attempted to solve the issue several times. Ive checked hardware and I can assure you it isnt the problem. Ive also checked the eventviewer and it has yet to direct me to what the issue is. All I...