Windows 10: WinSCP Installation firing up automatically

Discus and support WinSCP Installation firing up automatically in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, My name is Paulo and this is my fisrt Post on tenforums. For a couple of weeks now i have been experiencing strange behaviors with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulojfonseca, Nov 13, 2017.

1. WinSCP Installation firing up automatically

Hi all,
    My name is Paulo and this is my fisrt Post on tenforums.

For a couple of weeks now i have been experiencing strange behaviors with the WinSCP installer being fired up out of the blue.
    I would like to have your support to see if i can fix this.

System Information:
    OS Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit operating system.

How to reproduce the problem:
    Whenever i am in folder browser dialog (does not matter the application) and i choose to create a new folder.
    The new folder appears, but once i type it's new name an press enter it will somehow start WinSCP installation (when i already have it installed).
    It will look for WinSCP.msi and will freeze the application i was working on.
    The only way to solve is by killing, in the task manager, the original application i was working on.
    I attached a screenshot of this behaviour.

WinSCP Installation firing up automatically [​IMG]

It will also be fired up every time i exit Visual Studio 2017!
    Can someone point me out to where i can fix this behavior?

Thanks,
    Paulo

:)

paulojfonseca, Nov 13, 2017
  2. AlexWeech Win User

Microsoft Edge Suddenly Slow and Buggy

Thank you for your response. I have not been getting any error messages. The day before this problem began, I installed DwimPerl, WinSCP, and Notepad++, and the Programs and Features panel says that several Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable packages
    were installed, though I had no hand in that. I uninstalled and deleted all file data from DwimPerl and WinSCP, but the problem persists. All Windows Updates have been installed, and every driver on my computer is up to date (except for the Intel one that
    causes that awful sleep bug). The troubleshooter you linked to detected no issues.

AlexWeech, Nov 13, 2017
  3. stinglee Win User
    Event Viewer fires up automatically after recent Windows Update

Hi all,

After the recent Windows update, my Event Viewer will fire up automatically now and then. After I close it, a while later it will fire up again. What can I do to stop this?

Thanks and Best Regards,

stinglee, Nov 13, 2017
  4. WinSCP Installation firing up automatically

Hi all,

Any ideas what might be triggering this WinSCP install behavior?

Thanks

paulojfonseca, Dec 3, 2017
Thema:

WinSCP Installation firing up automatically

1. WinSCP Installation firing up automatically - Similar Threads - WinSCP Installation firing

2. Computer not firing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not firing up: My computer when I turn on it stuck with grey screen with cursor. It turns grey after seeing the windows logo and spinning wheel on it. I know it is a 2years old computer but it is updated so it should not work this way. I can still use it without problem with the performance...
  3. Computer not firing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not firing up: My computer when I turn on it stuck with grey screen with cursor. It turns grey after seeing the windows logo and spinning wheel on it. I know it is a 2years old computer but it is updated so it should not work this way. I can still use it without problem with the performance...
  4. Computer not firing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. computer not firing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not firing up: My computer got lag today and I force restart it and it stuck in preparing Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-firing-up/22c6c0fb-3581-44ae-9ca7-453318e323fc
  6. computer not firing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer not firing up: My computer got lag today and I force restart it and it stuck in preparing Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-firing-up/22c6c0fb-3581-44ae-9ca7-453318e323fc
  7. computer not firing up

8. My windows terminal dosen't fire up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows terminal dosen't fire up: I frequently use windows terminal for compiling codesbut suddenly it stooped firing up.it just shows loading on arrow and nothing happens.what should i do??...
  9. My windows terminal dosen't fire up

My windows terminal dosen't fire up: I frequently use windows terminal for compiling codesbut suddenly it stooped firing up.it just shows loading on arrow and nothing happens.what should i do??...
  10. WebDAV and file upload limit with OneDrive and WinSCP

WebDAV and file upload limit with OneDrive and WinSCP: I am running Windows 8.1 Pro and I'm accessing my M365 OneDrive accounts using WinSCP. I can connect to the OneDrive folders using the WebDAV interface. I am able to successfully connect to my OneDrive folders using the third-party app WinSCP and I'm able to download very...