Windows 10: WinStore.App.exe in process list

Discus and support WinStore.App.exe in process list in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! Since the last Creators Update, I've got some issues... One of them is the appearence of WinStore.App.exe in the task list like a "suspendend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoeMcLutz, Apr 12, 2017.

1. JoeMcLutz Win User

WinStore.App.exe in process list

Hi!
    Since the last Creators Update, I've got some issues... One of them is the appearence of WinStore.App.exe in the task list like a "suspendend process" (according to Process Hacker, which I use instead of default Task Manager).

I've looked for a solution to prevent it from starting few minutes after boot but I've not found any (no references at all in the registry, nor in Task Scheduler, nor in Store's preferences).

Any hint? Thank you.
    Joe

EDIT: I've not yet tried to disable Store from Group Policy but... I'd like to avoid such a solution (if it's really a solution).

:)

JoeMcLutz, Apr 12, 2017
  2. mySh4d0w Win User

Window Store is downloading very slow....

I been trying to update my apps and windows store is downloading, and installing things very slow.

Is there anyway to speed up the download process or force it to use more bandwitdh? Right now its using less than 1% of my avialable bandwidth (even with no other devices online). Its taken a day for it to download less than 200 Mbps file and just started
    redownloading it.

Below are my test results so you can see how odd things are. Right now it is only downloading 3 files.

WAN Speed Test results:

29.17 download Mbps

15.93 upload Mbps

Ping 25 ms

Resource Montior results:

% of Network: Less than 1%.

Image PID Address Send (B/sec)
    Receive (B/sec) Total (B/sec)

WinStore.App.exe 5124 a104-119-80-226.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com
    576 246 822

Image PID Address Send (B/sec)
    Receive (B/sec) Total (B/sec)

WinStore.App.exe 7648 a104-119-80-226.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com
    2,733 9,013 11,746

WinStore.App.exe 7648 a104-119-70-33.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com
    56 1,263 1,319

WinStore.App.exe 7648 a23-202-75-222.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com
    19 1,275 1,294

WinStore.App.exe 7648 a104-119-85-168.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com
    106 469 576

WinStore.App.exe 7648 72.21.81.200 47
    449 496

WinStore.App.exe 7648 bl3302-e.1drv.com 62
    294 356

WinStore.App.exe 7648 a104-119-46-205.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com
    124 195 318

WinStore.App.exe 7648 msnbot-65-52-108-89.search.msn.com
    77 201 278

WinStore.App.exe 5124 a104-119-80-226.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com
    48 21 69

WinStore.App.exe 7648 a23-202-65-44.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com
    31 19 50

mySh4d0w, Apr 12, 2017
  3. WinStore.App.exe not signed by Microsoft ?

I just had WinStore.App.exe try to go out over the internet, like the rest of you, my WinStore.App.exe is NOT signed, so I have blocked it from going out.. - Hope it doesn't break anything.

John Haines, Apr 12, 2017
  4. clam1952 Win User

Could be related to the Auto updating of Windows Store Apps?
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStore change the value to 2 to disable it. Or easier use WinAerotweaker

I have that set and no sign of WinstoreApp.exe in processes, of course it could be something else I've killed off that's stopping it appearing.

clam1952, Apr 12, 2017
  5. JoeMcLutz Win User
    Hi! Thanks for your answer but... I don't have that key (WindowsStore) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\

WinStore.App.exe starts about 9 mins since boot... It start InstallManager.exe that closes in few secs and then suspend itself (but the process is still in the task list). I'm on a Win10Pro desktop and have deactivated AutomaticAppUpdate in TaskScheduler>Microsoft>Windows>WindowsUpdate. I deactivated Auto Updates in Store settings as well.

EDIT: on my Win10Home installed in the notebook this does not happen. hmmm... I'm checking if the key you were talking about exists in my notebook... No, there is not.

JoeMcLutz, Apr 12, 2017
  6. JoeMcLutz Win User
    Ok, I'm manually updating store Apps that need to and Store itself (it wasn't up to date)... I'll restarst and let's see if after 9-10 min WinStore.App.exe will pop up in my task list.

EDIT: all the same... now it starts (4-5 mins) earlier too! *Sad

JoeMcLutz, Apr 12, 2017
  7. JoeMcLutz Win User
    Everything's fine on my Win10Home installed in the notebook. I noticed that when I start Store there and I iconify it in the taskbar, its process highlight becomes turn pink (i.e. "immersive processes or DLLs") to grey (i.e. "suspended task"), like it is on my desktop Win10Pro.

Sometimes on my desktop Win10Pro, Store's window suddenly pops up on the screen.

It seems it runs iconified but I cannot see its icon in the taskbar.

I usually use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker (not now 'cause after Creators Update it does not work: new version is coming) and ClassicShell.

Greetings,
    Joe

P.S.: SystemSettings.exe has the same behaviour (except that it has not popped up by iteself on the screen yet).

JoeMcLutz, Apr 13, 2017
  8. JoeMcLutz Win User

Ok, here it is 3 screenshots in 1 taken after about 10 min from boot. Please note that A,B and C represent the chronological sequence of the events.

Thanks for you patience and time.

WinStore.App.exe in process list [​IMG]

EDIT: Terminating tree of ApplicationFrameHost.exe, closes both WinStore.App.exe and SystemSettings.exe too.

JoeMcLutz, Apr 13, 2017
  9. JoeMcLutz Win User
    JoeMcLutz, Apr 13, 2017
  10. JoeMcLutz Win User
    Ok. After lots of searching in the forums and about 24 of testing, I can tell you the culprit was Superfetch service (SysMain).
    I turned it from Auto start to Disabled and everything is going fine.

Thank You for your time and support.
    Joe

JoeMcLutz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WinStore.App.exe in process list - Similar Threads - WinStore App exe

2. What is the "0vfo21l0.exe" process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the "0vfo21l0.exe" process?: I saw it in task manager. I can't find it online. It had a NordVPN icon. I couldn't find it in any NordVPN file folders though.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-0vfo21l0exe-process/7ac9861c-3e18-4b41-8a11-8e7c10860d40
  3. What is the "0vfo21l0.exe" process?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the "0vfo21l0.exe" process?: I saw it in task manager. I can't find it online. It had a NordVPN icon. I couldn't find it in any NordVPN file folders though.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-0vfo21l0exe-process/7ac9861c-3e18-4b41-8a11-8e7c10860d40
  4. My Application process is not showing in taskmanager process list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Application process is not showing in taskmanager process list: Hi Experts,I made one application in java. But whenever I run this application, I am not able to see its icon or process name on taskbar. I only see "Open JDK" process name. So, whenever I need to kill my application, I need to kill "Open JDK" process. So, my application...
  5. My Application process is not showing in taskmanager process list

My Application process is not showing in taskmanager process list: Hi Experts,I made one application in java. But whenever I run this application, I am not able to see its icon or process name on taskbar. I only see "Open JDK" process name. So, whenever I need to kill my application, I need to kill "Open JDK" process. So, my application...
  6. Why my winstore app doesn't have that beautiful header for pages?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why my winstore app doesn't have that beautiful header for pages?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wuarx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxr1zo/why_my_winstore_app_doesnt_have_that_beautiful/
  7. exe apps or store apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    exe apps or store apps?: I have Spotify installed in 2 laptops. I'm using the x64 exe on one, and the store version in the other. Am I right that there's virtually no difference between the two? Is one supposed to be better than the other? submitted by /u/TofuNinja5 [link] [comments]...
  8. What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?

in Windows 10 News
    What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A lot of Windows users have doubts about whether the rundll32.exe process that they see in the Task Manager is a genuine process or a virus. The reason behind these inquiries is the paranoia created by fraud tech support companies [...] This post What is...
  9. Clicking on a exe starts the program in the background processes.

Clicking on a exe starts the program in the background processes.: Hi, I'll try to be short, since it's strange and hard to explain. Had windows 8.1, upgraded to Windows 10, everything normal. After a few months, one program I use for a long time started giving me problems - plays.tv. It''s a client app that allows recording of in-game...
  10. Sudden and temporary slowdowns. .exe processes "not responding"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sudden and temporary slowdowns. .exe processes "not responding": Hi guys, Have been working on this issue for a few days, but I cant seem to get anywhere. Im on a fresh install of windows 10 pro. Occasionally, I will experience an intense but temporary slow down. Every 20-40 minutes roughly. The system runs smooth as butter besides...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WinStore.App.exe Microsoft Store

2. 72.21.91.29 WinStore.app.exe

3. winstoreapp.exe windows 10

4. winstore.app.exe bandwidth