Windows 10: WinUpdate - now can't open or use new laptop

Discus and support WinUpdate - now can't open or use new laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Overnight MS sent an Update. When I turn on the laptop, and after a wait, the screen shows options ''to make it easier to use'' . One selects by using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nithig, May 30, 2018.

1. nithig Win User

WinUpdate - now can't open or use new laptop

Overnight MS sent an Update.
    When I turn on the laptop, and after a wait, the screen shows options ''to make it easier to use'' . One selects by using the space bar.
    I have tried every combination that I can imagine (and each time it goes back to the original screen to re-commence).

So I can't access my computer at all.
    Even getting here (to the forum) was a mission ... had to find another computer, reset passwords etc.

It's hard to imagine that my laptop is the only one affected ... is there a Microsoft person reading this who can advise me as to what steps to take to get back my system (which I had set up exactly how I wanted .... why doesn't MS ASK before messing up a private pc?) or who can tell the appropriate department at MS to send out a fix?

:)

nithig, May 30, 2018
Thema:

WinUpdate - now can't open or use new laptop

1. WinUpdate - now can't open or use new laptop - Similar Threads - WinUpdate can't open

2. I got a new laptop and now I can't login. Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got a new laptop and now I can't login. Help!: I got a new laptop and went through the set up process. Used my work email to set up as work laptop. I downloaded the apps I needed via 365. I closed the lid, tried to login and now it says my password is incorrect and I can't login. I know for fact that it's not incorrect....
  3. I got a new laptop and now I can't login. Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I got a new laptop and now I can't login. Help!: I got a new laptop and went through the set up process. Used my work email to set up as work laptop. I downloaded the apps I needed via 365. I closed the lid, tried to login and now it says my password is incorrect and I can't login. I know for fact that it's not incorrect....
  4. I got a new laptop and now I can't login. Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. new laptop opens in Cortana, can't escape

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new laptop opens in Cortana, can't escape: A new Asus laptop arrived today; I plugged it in, turned it on without examining what was on the screen, and started the three-hour battery charge. When I looked at it a while later, a Microsoft Cortana Setting Up Your Account page was on the screen and I can't get out of it....
  6. mbr2gpt broke winupdate?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mbr2gpt broke winupdate?: [ATTACH] With my new Ryzen 7 5800x and my RTX 3080 i wanted to make use of the "ResizeBAR support" feature. Only works with CSM disabled tho and i didnt want to make a new install. i used mbr2gpt from "safe/advanced boot" console check came clear convert gave this...
  7. I formatted another laptop I own and now can't open it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I formatted another laptop I own and now can't open it: I have an HP laptop that I was giving to my girlfriend. I formatted it so all my personal info and programs I had purchased Office, etc were deleted. However, now I can't get into it nor can my girl friend. Even at 86 yrs old, I have a girlfriend. It turns on, the...
  8. Can't Open Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Open Laptop: Can anyone tell me how to open my laptop using my Microsoft account? I can not for the life of me, remember the password I set, so I can't get past my lock screen after first starting up my laptop. I appreciate any help. Not at all computer savvy, lol. Thanks....
  9. Sleep fails after winupdate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep fails after winupdate: Win10 Pro v1903 Cumulative .Net update and Cumulative Win10 uodate (kb4517389) on 2019/10 since then Power sleep has failed, screen goes off but disks remain on line, Reset Power settings had no change. Trouble Shooter finds no issues...
  10. Laptop suddenly sluggish, WinUpdate failures. 800MHz all the time.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop suddenly sluggish, WinUpdate failures. 800MHz all the time.: Hi there. So, my Toshiba Satellite S50B, in an instant, suddenly became so very slow. Here's what happened: I removed the battery and then replaced it. I mean, shortly afterwards I put it into hibernate, but that wouldn't cause all of this, would it? I tried: "powercfg...