Windows 10: Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows, all in one place, on all your devices.

Movies & TV brings you the latest entertainment in one app on Windows. On your PC and Windows Mobile, the app lets you play and manage videos from your personal collection. On all your devices, you can use the app to browse and play movies and TV shows you’ve purchased from the Store.

Video playback always starts in full screen by default in Movies & TV.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off always start videos in full screen in the Movies & TV app for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Manually toggle full screen in Movies & TV

Here's How:

1. Open the Movies & TV app.

2. Click/tap on the More options (3 dots) button at the top right corner, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Playback, turn on (default) or off Always start videos in full screen for what you want. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 14, 2017
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

Playback speed in Movies and TV App

In the Windows 10 Movies and TV app is there a way to adjust the playback speed? I'm not asking about Windows Media Player.

Thanks,

Charlie

Charles Foxtrot, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Arun B J Win User
    Movies and Tv appp back to back video playback

Hi,

Playback option is not available in Movies and TV app.

I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 Builds to enhance user experience

Thank You.

Arun B J, Oct 26, 2019
  6. "Movies & TV" app controls

keyboard

Support team suggests this article when asking for list of keyboard controls for Movies and TV app. Article reads:

"Enjoying Videos in Windows 10: You will find the Movies & TV app in Windows 10 better than ever for playing all your personal videos, as well as all the movies and TV shows you love. Import your personal video collection, and play back your content in a fast
    and elegantly designed app that is optimized for both mouse/keyboard as well as touch. Drag and drop videos between your collections, use right clicks and hot keys for contextual menus, or go full-screen with easy to use playback controls. We’ve also added
    additional file format support like .MKV too."

No information regarding controls is available. 90% of users give up and go back to VLC player, which not only has KB controls but allows mapping as well.

Source:

"Movies & TV" app controls

SystemAdmin_, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Full

2. Airpods Pro playback controls work in the Movies & TV app!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Airpods Pro playback controls work in the Movies & TV app!: submitted by /u/Wakellor957 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13ezfly/airpods_pro_playback_controls_work_in_the_movies/
  3. Movies & TV app full screen mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV app full screen mode: My school provided video tutorials. To open them I use the Movies & TV app. My problem is whenever I click on a video the app opens in fullscreen mode. Ido not want it to open in fullscreen mode. How can I change the default settings?...
  4. Change default playback in Windows Movies & TV

Change default playback in Windows Movies & TV: So there is no sound in Windows Movies & TV (or Windows Media Player), however there IS sound in other players like VLC. That was one issue that bothered me in 2 weeks now. Until I found a solution. Next to the Speaker icon, there is another icon with some settings for...
  5. Playback issue in movies and tv

Playback issue in movies and tv: when i open movies and tv app it says playback issue send feedback how can we solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/playback-issue-in-movies-and-tv/43d0706b-57b2-4757-86b6-e2c74419d2f2
  6. bad playback issue with movies and tv app

bad playback issue with movies and tv app: I booted from win7 into win 10. I have a whole lot of mpeg2 encoded video files on the network in a shared folder. At first, the app could not play, offered a free codec for mpeg. I agreed, it installed, after a few minutes it played. The playback was smooth, good sound....
  7. Change Theme Mode for Movies & TV app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Theme Mode for Movies & TV app in Windows 10: How to: Change Theme Mode for Movies & TV app in Windows 10 How to Change Theme Mode for Movies & TV app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows, all in one place, on all your...
  8. Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10: How to: Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 How to Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows, all...
  9. Remove Download Devices from Movies & TV app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Download Devices from Movies & TV app in Windows 10: How to: Remove Download Devices from Movies & TV app in Windows 10 How to Remove Download Devices from Movies & TV app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows, all in one place,...
  10. Show Download Devices in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Download Devices in Movies & TV app in Windows 10: How to: Show Download Devices in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 How to Show Download Devices in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows, all in one place, on all...