Windows 10: Wipe and install Win 7

Discus and support Wipe and install Win 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am beyond happy with this OS, and wish to install Win 7 wiping Win 10, can someone offer me a step by step guide please 103240 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pixie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Pixie Win User

Wipe and install Win 7

I am beyond happy with this OS, and wish to install Win 7 wiping Win 10, can someone offer me a step by step guide please

:)

Pixie, Jan 26, 2018
  2. almerzf Win User

Help installing Win 10 - 3 scenarios. Which is the best way

Based on getting Win 10 onto a completely wiped HDD from Sony VA10 with corrupt WIN 8 installation.

(1) Any problem directly trying to load new retail Win 10 on to said wiped HDD

(2) Any problem loading new WIN 8.1 to said wiped HDD intending to D/load free Win 10.

(3) Any problem loading Win 7(without TP1) on said wiped HDD intending to D/load free WIN 10

almerzf, Jan 26, 2018
  3. roll back to windos 7 option is not present in the recovery setting of windows 10 what can i do

If there is no roll back option you will need to wipe the system and install win 7 fromthe dvd

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 26, 2018
  4. swarfega Win User

Wipe and install Win 7

If you're happy with the OS why do you want to go backwards?

swarfega, Jan 27, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    {I'm sorry, but this annoys the heck out of me!
    Someone poses a question, they get a reply of sorts that requires almost immediate reiteration or rebuttal, yet they log off and take off!} *Confused

Edwin, Jan 27, 2018
  6. Indeed not a great way to build membership.*Warning

Josey Wales, Jan 27, 2018
  7. Edwin New Member
    I didn't mean to be dissin on the OP, my apologies! Could've had a very legitimate reason for logging out.
    Just that, one or two members may have been poised to help out......
    just annoyed me for a sec... I'm okay now!!! *Wink

Edwin, Jan 27, 2018
  8. Wipe and install Win 7

Confusing.
    I assume you mean "not happy" instead of "beyond happy".

At the very least you'll need:
    • A legitimate W7 install disk and Product Key
    • KB976932 Service Pack 1
    • Driver install files
    • KB3020369 Prerequisite for KB3125574
    • KB3125574 W7 SP1 Update Rollup (Windows will be updated to April 2016)

Then follow this tutorial:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ndows-7-a.html

Once you have successfully installed W7, the updates listed above and the drivers, install a program like Macrium Reflect and create at least 2 Backup System Images (on different external HDDs).
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-macrium.html

Once you have created the Backup System Images, you can risk downloading the remaining updates for W7.
    I only install the Security-Only updates (and some fixes for them):

Wipe and install Win 7 [​IMG]

Note:
    You'll also need to apply IE and .NET updates separately.

lehnerus2000, Jan 27, 2018
  9. *Ditto*Ditto*Ditto*Ditto*Ditto

Josey Wales, Jan 27, 2018
  10. Pixie Win User
    Gents, thanks for response, my sarcasm may not have come over too well. Yes so dislike Win 10 and want to replace it with Win 7, have the disk. This is on a Asus X540 and would to to remove it and a fresh start with good old Win 7. What would be the best way to achieve this please

Pixie, Jan 27, 2018
  11. Edwin New Member
    Pretty much everything you need to get you going is in Post #6

Edwin, Jan 27, 2018
  12. Pixie Win User
    Thank you, I will get reading and advise on the outcome, very useful resouce this forum, most helpful

Pixie, Jan 27, 2018
  13. Edwin New Member

Wipe and install Win 7

*Thumbs

I've got a pretty busy day, but there'll be all kinds of great members floating around, more than willing to help out, if you run into a snag. *Smile

Edwin, Jan 27, 2018
  14. Pixie Win User
    Cheers, quiet Sunday evening here so plenty of time to muck it up *chuckle

Pixie, Jan 27, 2018
  15. Wynona Win User
    Pixie, how long have you had Windows 10 on your computer? If this is the first installation and you've had it less than 30 days, it may be possile for you to just roll back to Windows 7.

I know it's a long shot, but worth thinking about. *Smile

Wynona, Jan 27, 2018
Thema:

Wipe and install Win 7

1. Wipe and install Win 7 - Similar Threads - Wipe install

2. Just wiped pc of all files and now there’s two drives with windows on it. Old install of...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just wiped pc of all files and now there’s two drives with windows on it. Old install of...: The one drive that has the files that won’t delete is my SSD. It ran into problems with windows so I had to wipe my pc and for some reason these windows files and files like program 86 efi and more stay on this even tho I wiped my pc and had since downloaded windows to a...
  3. Just wiped pc of all files and now there’s two drives with windows on it. Old install of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just wiped pc of all files and now there’s two drives with windows on it. Old install of...: The one drive that has the files that won’t delete is my SSD. It ran into problems with windows so I had to wipe my pc and for some reason these windows files and files like program 86 efi and more stay on this even tho I wiped my pc and had since downloaded windows to a...
  4. Just wiped pc of all files and now there’s two drives with windows on it. Old install of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I "clean install" windows 11 wiping all partitions except the EFI one because I'm dual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I "clean install" windows 11 wiping all partitions except the EFI one because I'm dual...: I have two windows 11 Home UEFI installations on two separate drives, each windows was clean installed with the other drive disconnected, so I have an EFI partition on each drive and I simply choose which one to load by pressing f12 on boot.Each drive has the usual partition...
  6. Can I "clean install" windows 11 wiping all partitions except the EFI one because I'm dual...

Can I "clean install" windows 11 wiping all partitions except the EFI one because I'm dual...: I have two windows 11 Home UEFI installations on two separate drives, each windows was clean installed with the other drive disconnected, so I have an EFI partition on each drive and I simply choose which one to load by pressing f12 on boot.Each drive has the usual partition...
  7. After DoD Wipe Cannot Install OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After DoD Wipe Cannot Install OS: I used Jetico's BC Wipe to overwrite my SSD and SATA Drives and have been attempting to install an OS both Windows 10 and 11 to the SSD but I keep getting the message that Windows Cannot Install Required Files Error Code 0x800701B1. I have used different USB Drives and even...
  8. After DoD Wipe Cannot Install OS

After DoD Wipe Cannot Install OS: I used Jetico's BC Wipe to overwrite my SSD and SATA Drives and have been attempting to install an OS both Windows 10 and 11 to the SSD but I keep getting the message that Windows Cannot Install Required Files Error Code 0x800701B1. I have used different USB Drives and even...
  9. Install of 23h2 on Win11 wipes out successful install of 22h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install of 23h2 on Win11 wipes out successful install of 22h2: My lenovo came with win11 21h2 and has been trying to install 22h2 for months. I finally went through the 15 step process exaggeration to fix it and finally 22h2 installed correctly.Filled to the brim with hope, I tried the 23h2 install. Not only did it fail, it regressed my...
  10. Install of 23h2 on Win11 wipes out successful install of 22h2

Install of 23h2 on Win11 wipes out successful install of 22h2: My lenovo came with win11 21h2 and has been trying to install 22h2 for months. I finally went through the 15 step process exaggeration to fix it and finally 22h2 installed correctly.Filled to the brim with hope, I tried the 23h2 install. Not only did it fail, it regressed my...