Windows 10: Wiping SSD before OS installation?

Discus and support Wiping SSD before OS installation? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I am about to build a new computer and I want to use the same SSD that is in this computer that I'm using right now... Now, Before I install it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by seek, Apr 15, 2016.

1. seek Win User

Wiping SSD before OS installation?

Hello! I am about to build a new computer and I want to use the same SSD that is in this computer that I'm using right now... Now, Before I install it would it be a good idea to do a drive wipe before doing a clean install of Window 7 Pro 64? After I'm planning on upgrading to Windows 10.

-Thanks!

:)

2. Windows 10 Pro Custom Gaming PC doesn't boot and is in an infinite "preparing automatic repair" screen

Thank you for your input Jay. I hve wiped the SSD (used for OS boot) and will be returning that one for a replacement. I will update on the progress, thanks!

I_Nightwing, Apr 15, 2016
  3. Reformatting did not remove Windows 10

Well I purchased a new SSD (and other upgrades), so I want to wipe this hard drive clean and put my OS on my new SSD. The old drive will be used for storing the majority of my files which I don't need quick access to.

TravisRedding, Apr 15, 2016
  4. CmmTch Win User

I can't say with any certainty there'd be any noticeable difference whether you "wiped" an SSD before installing an OS, or just allowed the OS to format the SSD and install itself on that partition.

IMO I'd just install win7, let it reformat the SSD, install, and be done with it.

CmmTch, Apr 15, 2016
  5. seek Win User
    Thanks, I wasn't sure it gave you a format option in the installation anymore.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    The problem with formatting only the partition you install the OS to is that you will probably end up with extra recovery partitions.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Wiping SSD before OS installation? - Similar Threads - Wiping SSD before

2. After DoD Wipe Cannot Install OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After DoD Wipe Cannot Install OS: I used Jetico's BC Wipe to overwrite my SSD and SATA Drives and have been attempting to install an OS both Windows 10 and 11 to the SSD but I keep getting the message that Windows Cannot Install Required Files Error Code 0x800701B1. I have used different USB Drives and even...
  3. After DoD Wipe Cannot Install OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After DoD Wipe Cannot Install OS: I used Jetico's BC Wipe to overwrite my SSD and SATA Drives and have been attempting to install an OS both Windows 10 and 11 to the SSD but I keep getting the message that Windows Cannot Install Required Files Error Code 0x800701B1. I have used different USB Drives and even...
  4. C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed: Recently my work computer had its C drive wiped because of a poor setup and no where to find the administrator key or encryption. Was decided that a full clean harddrive was the way to go. Unfortunately, this has made the computer unusable and apparently has no OS? I've tried...
  5. C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed: Recently my work computer had its C drive wiped because of a poor setup and no where to find the administrator key or encryption. Was decided that a full clean harddrive was the way to go. Unfortunately, this has made the computer unusable and apparently has no OS? I've tried...
  6. C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to wipe ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to wipe ssd: Hey , so i have a odd problem. Mobo: asus rog strix x570i 1-ssd m.2- OS 1-ssd 2.5 sata 1-ssd m.2 I have another identical m.2 nvme that was the boot drive from another computer, but id like to wipe it and use it as a secondary drive. My problem is that every time i put it...
  8. wipe ssd?

wipe ssd?: I like to reinstall windows every now and then to make it fresh again, a few months ago I bought the Western Digital SN750 NVMe M.2 SSD. When I tried to wipe it using the bootable usb thumb drive I created in the WD Dashboard non of the operations worked (sanitize, format and...
  9. Wiping SSD

Wiping SSD: My computer's not working right now, so I'm planning on wiping my ssd can fresh installing windows 10, if I were to wipe it, would I be able to use the same windows product key again? submitted by /u/JEEL13 [link] [comments]...
  10. SSD wiped itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD wiped itself: Hoping I put this in the correct topic. I have a Asus X450JF running win 10 pro, with a Crucial BX200 SSD. Last night I went to try and get on it, and it booted straight to the bios, after t/s found it still recognized the SSD however it has been wiped, like if I have...