Windows 10: Wired connection is fine, but Wi-Fi is incredibly slow

Discus and support Wired connection is fine, but Wi-Fi is incredibly slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've had a problem for a few weeks now. The internet connection on the computer the router's wired to is working as intended, however the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Akosjun, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Akosjun Win User

Wired connection is fine, but Wi-Fi is incredibly slow

Hello,

I've had a problem for a few weeks now. The internet connection on the computer the router's wired to is working as intended, however the wireless connection is just a lot worse. On other devices, instead of 50-60 Mbps, the speed is about 1-3 Mbps (according to an internet speedtest) with WiFi connection randomly stopping for a few seconds, except for my PC I use almost all the time, where it's even worse. It's 0.1 to 0.7 Mbps (!).

The wireless connection was already not so good (~5 Mbps), but it only got this severe a few weeks ago. I didn't place any obstacles that would block the router.

My router's model is TP-Link TL-WR340GD (V4).

What can I do?

Thanks for the answers in advance.

:)

Akosjun, Jul 22, 2017

2. All browsers slow after Windows 10 upgrade

I'm in the same boat. Using my iPhone to look up Microsoft community answers because my Win10 web browsing is like walking in treacle. It's like dial-up from the 90s again. This is for my main browser Firefox but also the Microsoft Edge (that I never/rarely
    use). I've switched off Nortons AV but that didn't improve it. The home wi-fi connection is fine, and speed tests are fine. Wi-fi connnecting to Apple iPhones and iPad just fine too.

When I tethered my Win10 laptop to the iPhone and then over 4G the browsing speed significantly improved. Partly the 4G runs at 20mbps whereas home wi-fi is 10mbps, but even so it seems there is no Win10 problem when tethered, but there is when trying to
    connect to home broadband (UK, using BT standard wi-fi service).

Something in the last 4-5 days has gone wrong with the Win10 settings causing all browsers to run incredibly slow. I see others have posted above in recent days, and hopefully MS can find a solution to this problem.

JohnInLondon, Jul 22, 2017
  3. Wireless connection is not working properly on Windows 10.

Original Title: Weird Windows 10 Browser DNS Issues

My mother was complaining of everything taking forever to load in the browser and her email constantly timing out. Initially I blamed it on her dial-up (yes dial-up!!!) connection.

But after trying it on my high speed internet connection I see the same issues. After spending a bit of time on it I have noticed that:

When connected on a wired connection everything works normally.

When connected on Wi-Fi (or dialup) DNS queries take forever and time out half of the time. The result is web pages take forever to load, unable to check email, etc.

Both wired and Wi-Fi are manually set to use the same dns servers. I've tried the ISP's, OpenDNS's, and Google's DNS servers. All with the same result: If connected on a wired connection everything works fine, if via Wi-Fi DNS queries time out.

When I initially installed Windows 10 on this machine over Christmas everything (wired, Wi-Fi, dialup) worked just fine. Since then it has only been used to surf the web and check email. Nothing new installed (that I know of/can discover).

I've never seen the like. Any ideas?

Snookums999, Jul 22, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Samuria, Jul 22, 2017
  5. Akosjun Win User
    http://www.plus.netHKEY_LOCAL_MACHIN...entVersion\Run SunJavaUpdateSched REG_SZ "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe" amd_dc_opt REG_SZ C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\Dual-Core Optimizer\amd_dc_opt.exe LogMeIn Hamachi Ui REG_SZ "C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Hamachi\hamachi-2-ui.exe" --auto-startHKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run OneDrive REG_SZ "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe" /background Steam REG_SZ "D:\Steam\steam.exe" -silent EADM REG_SZ "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Origin.exe" -AutoStart Discord REG_SZ C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Discord\app-0.0.297\Discord.exe

Here they are. It was made on the PC with a wireless connection.

Akosjun, Jul 23, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Which is your wireless station? Two show up both on the same channel 6 so you need to change that on your router. One is set as g type that is ancient and only runs at less than 50 meg so if that's yours it would add to the problem n type is 300 meg.

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wired connection is fine, but Wi-Fi is incredibly slow - Similar Threads - Wired connection fine

2. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  3. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  4. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. B660M-A WiFi DDR4 incredibly Slow Wi-fi speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    B660M-A WiFi DDR4 incredibly Slow Wi-fi speeds: Recently got round to upgrading my PC with a i5-12600k and the B660M-A board with Wi-Fi.All is good performance wise especially with games however the wi-fi is just shocking. Installed all the drivers and utilities.Before I would easily reach 5MB/s on the old PC but now with...
  6. B660M-A WiFi DDR4 incredibly Slow Wi-fi speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    B660M-A WiFi DDR4 incredibly Slow Wi-fi speeds: Recently got round to upgrading my PC with a i5-12600k and the B660M-A board with Wi-Fi.All is good performance wise especially with games however the wi-fi is just shocking. Installed all the drivers and utilities.Before I would easily reach 5MB/s on the old PC but now with...
  7. slow wi fi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow wi fi: wi fi very slow, Sprint said all fine at their end on Optimum, download 167 upload 37. the keyboard doesnt work but when I swith it to oter usb, it starts to work. also, unable to do software update on my i phone 11...
  8. Slow Wi-Fi

Slow Wi-Fi: I have presented a bug in the Wi-Fi connection of my computer with Windows 10, the wireless connection is slow, it looks like a turtle. I hope to help soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-wi-fi/9e75d40e-f9f3-4afc-8bc7-c70ff92234af
  9. Wi-Fi connection slowing down with BT on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi connection slowing down with BT on: Hi Guys, Normally my Wi-Fi connection is like 40-50 Mb/s, but it slows down to, like, 10 Mb/s or so with BT on. That maybe does not sound bad, but often websites are taking ages to load. I switched my router to 802.11n; even if that helped, the improvement is hardly...
  10. 1.3Gbps Wi-Fi connection but slow transfers

1.3Gbps Wi-Fi connection but slow transfers: I have a 802.11ac modem and my computer gets a solid 1.3Gbps Wi-Fi connection. However when I transfer a test file the speed shows at 110 Mbps. When I connect an Ethernet cable I have a 1.0Gbps connection and when I transfer the same test file the speed shows 985 Mbps which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless slow but wired connection fine

2. wireless connection slow but wired is fine

3. wired internet is fine but wifi is slow

4. ethernet is fine but slow wifi