Windows 10: Wired desktop loses internet

Discus and support Wired desktop loses internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On July 30, I went down to comcast to change the old Arries modem for one of those all in one modem/wireless gate way. Reason why the change, the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by theelemntal, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Wired desktop loses internet

On July 30, I went down to comcast to change the old Arries modem for one of those all in one modem/wireless gate way. Reason why the change, the old Arries modem was hooked up to the old router (Linksys one from '08) of ours. I plugged everything to the new modem and activated it. After the change was done, I did a speed test on some of the devices and notice thet massive speed increase (desktop wired 56Mb/s -> 100+). I play on Second Life and all I did was bumpped the max bandwidth from the 500Kb/s Wifi default, to 1000Mb/s. I bumpped it back down to default 500Kb/s. Ever since that, my computer just loses wired connection. I disabled and re-enabled the wired card, moved the port on the Comcast Modem. When I do the ping/ <website name> on the command promt. It shows it connected. I did the
    "

• Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
    "
    <via Window's Website> and that was a temp fix. My desktop so far, the only device that does it. I just updated the Ethernet driver to the current one (9.xxxx -> 10.9.422) and that doesn't fix it. I don't know if I have an Malware hidden, somewhere. I know this isn't networking, but can the bunch of cscript.exe causing it? I have adobe programs installed on it. Can my 50' EitherNet cable, that is running on the side of my house, or could it be Comcast Modem not set up correctly, due to an cap of packages. I am pretty much lost of words...

*Mobo: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0

td;lr: Internet drops after a while, while being wired.

:)

theelemntal, Aug 30, 2016

2. Losing laptop internet connection (Edge)

My laptop loses the internet connection [router] - my desktop never does. My laptop also loses internet connection at work [never the desktops at work] Any ideas why?

* Moved from: (Internet Explorer / Internet Explorer Unknown/Other / Windows 7)

* Original title: Losing laptop internet connection

AnitaNguyen, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Pressy55 Win User
    Windows 10 losing internet (wired connection)

Hi ZigZag3134

Sorry for not replying sooner. Here is the link to the results.

Result.txt

I have had McAfee disabled previously and that didn't fix the problem.

I have followed your instructions and entered them into an elevated prompt. It ask to restart computer. Should I do that after each command I type in or type everything in and then exit before I restat.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Regards

Pressy55, Aug 30, 2016
Thema:

Wired desktop loses internet

1. Wired desktop loses internet - Similar Threads - Wired desktop loses

2. Desktop PC constantly loses wired ethernet connection but Wireless internet never fails.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop PC constantly loses wired ethernet connection but Wireless internet never fails.: My Dell Alienware Aurora R8 win10 constantly keeps dropping internet connections randomly for only 5 seconds but its ANNOYING !The PC Wireless connection NEVER drops a connection but the speed is much slower.A strange thing I have also noticed is that weather radar will not...
  3. Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection

Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection: Hi Guys, I've got a really weird issue with my computer. Relevant specs: CPU: R9 3900X Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Max Winver: 19041.572 Every day my computers ethernet connection cuts out. The icon in the bottom right goes from Attachment 304577 to Attachment 304578...
  4. Windows 10 desktop losing internet connection

Windows 10 desktop losing internet connection: Good morning, I have a HP desktop which connects to my router using a USB WiFi adaptor. Recently a problem has started occurring where the PC randomly loses internet connection, although the WiFi connection to the router remains intact. To get internet connection back I...
  5. wired internet controller

wired internet controller: When I upgraded from win 8 to 10 my wired internet controller is gone and can't connect through wire anyone have a valid solution?? please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-internet-controller/6aec4dc5-859f-496a-802c-db6db20fd4db
  6. Unable to connect my desktop to the internet via wired connection.

Unable to connect my desktop to the internet via wired connection.: apparently i am missing a network driver, i tried diverpack offline and easydriver, all of them said i already had everything installed. I went to Intel's website to install the newest drivers and it said i am missing a internet adapter. any suggestions. i was going to bring...
  7. Desktop PC cannot connect to wired internet connection.

Desktop PC cannot connect to wired internet connection.: Hello I need help getting connected to the internet. I have searched for a solution but nothing has helped. I have had no network connection for about a month now. Network trouble shooter cannot correct the problem. says there my be a problem with my ethernet driver....
  8. Computer loses wired Internet connection

Computer loses wired Internet connection: I've been having an annoying issue for quite a bit of time with my Windows 10 computer losing its wired Internet connection. It happens at "random" times, usually several weeks apart, though at some point it happened several times a day for a few days. The devices that are...
  9. Internet connection lose

Internet connection lose: My PC won't stay connected to the internet? I checked all connections and everything is connected properly and my TV isn't having any problems with internet connection. Please advise because I'm not computer smart....
  10. Losing wired connection

Losing wired connection: This has happened multiple times on my desktop which was upgraded to Win 10 so it is a real problem. The desktop is on a wired connection. At some point I will see that I have lost the internet connection. When this happens it doesn't automatically connect to wireless, it...