Windows 10: Wireless Adapter Gone after 9/29/15 Surface Pro 3 Firmware Update

Discus and support Wireless Adapter Gone after 9/29/15 Surface Pro 3 Firmware Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing the MS Firmware Update that popped up out of nowhere yesterday, with little or no documentation, I couldn't help but notice that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdTittel, Sep 29, 2015.

1. EdTittel Win User

Wireless Adapter Gone after 9/29/15 Surface Pro 3 Firmware Update

After installing the MS Firmware Update that popped up out of nowhere yesterday, with little or no documentation, I couldn't help but notice that my Marvell AVASTAR Wireless AC adapter quit working. My driver update utilities didn't notice anything amiss but by using a manual driver load (Update Driver Software, Browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list..., then trying the drivers that showed up in that list in their order of appearance), I was eventually able to load a driver that worked -- for me it was the third one in the list that did the trick. Should anyone else find themselves in this situation, I can claim that this approach has worked at least once to restore the wireless interface to working condition.

--Ed--

:)

EdTittel, Sep 29, 2015
  2. stephSL Win User

No Wi-Fi networks found - Windows 10

After resetting my Surface Pro 3 (Microsoft Windows, 10 Pro; Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299 ) and performing Fall Creator Update, No Wi-Fi networks found. This does not matter if I use the built-in Marvell Wi-Fi Adapter (15.68.98.9112.23 - 9/29/2017)) or
    a USB Wireless Adapter (Netgear WNA1000M N150 Wireless USB Adapter) .

I can connect to Internet as my existing network is remembered but I cannot see any other network.

stephSL, Sep 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 29/9/15 upgrade for Surface Pro 3 - wi-fi / bluetooth problems

Since my Surface Pro 3 installed the System Firmware Update - ‎29/‎09/‎2015 it has lost all Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capability. The Bluetooth driver appears to have gone completely.

I have tried restarting numerous times as I heard this has helped others.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

I roll backed the Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller, and enable and disabled it with restart, no luck

Cheers

ElaineDarby, Sep 29, 2015
Thema:

Wireless Adapter Gone after 9/29/15 Surface Pro 3 Firmware Update

1. Wireless Adapter Gone after 9/29/15 Surface Pro 3 Firmware Update - Similar Threads - Wireless Adapter Gone

2. New Surface Book 3 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - Sept. 29

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Book 3 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - Sept. 29: Improvements and fixes in the update September 2020 updates September 29 release The following updates are available for Surface Book 3 devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903, or greater. Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Version and Update...
  3. New Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6 firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 29

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6 firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 29: The following updates are available for all Surface Pro (5th Gen) devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater: The following updates are available for all Surface Pro 6 devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater: Windows...
  4. New Firmware Update 18.07.20.1622 for Surface Pro - August 29

in Windows 10 News
    New Firmware Update 18.07.20.1622 for Surface Pro - August 29: On August 29th we released update for Surface Pro (Model 1796) and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced (Model 1807) devices running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, version 1709 or greater to Windows Update. This update is now available in MSI format on the Microsoft Download...
  5. Surface Pro 3 Need firmware update after 1803 has been installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 3 Need firmware update after 1803 has been installed: My Surface pro 3 show it need a firmware update in the Device Security under the Security Processor( got a yellow mark on it ) some thing to do with the TPM. It has a block you can click on to start the update but it only take you to a MS tech help page were on that page it...
  6. Wireless Driver for Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Driver for Surface Pro 3: I have a surface pro 3 that the OS became corrupt and i did a full reimage from the advanced startup options. Now i don't have a wireless driver. The wireless is showing under Other items in the device manager. I've tried downloading the surface pro 3 driver package from...
  7. New Surface Pro 3 Firmware Update 38.12.70.0

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 3 Firmware Update 38.12.70.0: April 2017 updates April 19 release Today we’ve released an updated driver for Surface Pro 3 devices. This update includes a new driver for Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware that improves system stability and performance when you change between power states....
  8. Microsoft to update Surface Pro 3 firmware...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to update Surface Pro 3 firmware...: Patch Tuesday came and went last week with no firmware updates for any of the four Microsoft Surface tablets. [img] On November 17, Microsoft officials shared a list of updates it planned to issue for the Intel-based Surface Pro 3, but didn't specify exactly when they'd...
  9. New Surface Pro Drivers and Firmware Update - Mar. 15

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro Drivers and Firmware Update - Mar. 15: Newest Surface Pro update history March 2018 updates Mar 15 release The following updates are available for all Surface Pro LTE Advanced (Model 1807) devices: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Surface – Firmware – 234.2110.770.0 Surface System...
  10. New firmware update is now available for Surface 3/Pro

in Windows 10 News
    New firmware update is now available for Surface 3/Pro: January 2016 updates Updates are installed automatically on Surface through Windows Update. Here’s a summary of what’s been included in each update so far. The following update will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 1/19/2016” when you view your update history....