Windows 10: Wireless adapter not found Windows10

Discus and support Wireless adapter not found Windows10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The wi-fi adapter was acting funny so I decided to reinstall the driver. I unistalled it, cheked for new hardware and it came back up. But still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nikitapgts, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Wireless adapter not found Windows10

The wi-fi adapter was acting funny so I decided to reinstall the driver. I unistalled it, cheked for new hardware and it came back up.
    But still windows says "We couldn't find wireless devices on this PC". I tried reinstalling again, I checked for updates online, restarting every time. After that I even found my laptop's old drivers and installed them manually but still nothing helps. The windows update did not help, windows recovey is impossible.
    Once again, the adapter itself works fine since it's discovered by the device manager and also functions on Ubuntu on the same machine. So I guess it's software-related.
    I have no idea what's up.
    I'm using Windows 10
    the adapter is Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter
    if that's any help

:)

Nikitapgts, Jan 9, 2016

2. Wireless Adapter Not Found

Hi Nates,

We are happy to know that your issue is resolved and thank you for sharing the solution in this thread.

Thank you.

Have a good day!

Amarjeet_Paul, Jan 9, 2016
  3. Wireless Adapter Not Found

I have a PC I built (I'm a novice for sure) and recently had to go from wired internet connection to WiFi. I bought a TP-Link T8E AC1750 wireless adapter and installed it in the PCIe slot, but it is not recognized in device manager. I wanted to try to see
    that if I ran the driver install it would change things, but it is giving me the error that the wireless adapter is not found.

I moved the adapter to another PCIe slot and am still having the same problem (I've moved it to 3 different PCIe slots now)

The light comes on for the adapter when my computer powers up, too.

What am I overlooking for it to not be recognized by my PC?

NatesAPlate, Jan 9, 2016
Thema:

Wireless adapter not found Windows10

1. Wireless adapter not found Windows10 - Similar Threads - Wireless adapter found

2. Windows10 Wireless

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows10 Wireless: Windows 10 does not remember any wireless network. All wireless networks are shown as available. When one is set up it works but does not appear in the managed networks list. There are no networks in the managed networks list. On reboot network settings are lost. You cannot...
  3. Wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless adapter: I think that there is a problem with the wireless adapter on my HP-laptop 14-bs0xx. It stoped working, that is, it cannot recognise wireless networks. I am afraid to have accidentaly deleted when I was unistalling programs on the Control Panel....
  4. Wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless adapter: I uninstalled my wireless adapter and now I'm trying to update and reinstall it, it won't proceed and shows the error "Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them.One of the Installer for this device cannot perform the...
  5. Wireless Adapter

Wireless Adapter: Hello. I am having a few Internet issues on my laptop. It started once I swapped out my Hard Disk Drive for a Solid State Drive yesterday. I can connect to the Internet occasionally but after mere seconds, sometimes minutes or even an hour the Wifi will go away and in...
  6. Wireless not found

Wireless not found: Hi, i am David. I have been having issue with my Asus X551MA windows 10 PC wireless after automatic windows update. The problem started last week, some times the wireless will come up by itself. After since yesterday the wireless refuse to come up. I have try every fix...
  7. Wireless adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless adapter: Hello!! Why my wireless adapter turn back on my pc after shutdown! I tried same adapter on 3 different pc, and same issue! Change drivers, but same. Change adapter, then its not happening! Adapter is - Qualcomm Atheros AR938x Wireless Network Adapter....
  8. Wireless Adapter

Wireless Adapter: I have a Linksys WMP54G wireless adapter installed in a Dell Dual Core desktop. Running Windows 10 home version 1511. Adapter is active (packets sent and received) but not logged onto the LAN. I have never gotten a prompt to provide the LAN password. I have tried disabling...
  9. Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager: This is for a Lenovo M90z. Intel Centrino 1000 adapter. All of sudden I lost my internet connection. Initially it stopped working and did appear in Device Manager with an explanation point. In the properties I was getting a "This device can not start "Code 10" message....
  10. Wireless Adapter?

Wireless Adapter?: How to fix "there might be a problem with the wifi adapter"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter/e4848d96-d866-434a-b476-81f5b47313c6