Windows 10: wireless adapter not showing in device manager

Discus and support wireless adapter not showing in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Asus X555Q laptop. I replaced the hard drive and installed Windows 10 with a USB drive. I did not have a restore option. I downloaded all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaveVancouver, Aug 27, 2017.

1. wireless adapter not showing in device manager

I have an Asus X555Q laptop. I replaced the hard drive and installed Windows 10 with a USB drive.
    I did not have a restore option.

I downloaded all the drivers from Asus, but no matter what drivers I use, they do not find my wireless adapter.
    There were 2 drivers for realtek and 2 for Qualcomm (I do not remember what wireless card is in here.)

The same problem with my bluetooth drivers. Everything else works fine. Also both the wirelss adapter and bluetooth worked before I changed the hard drive.

Any help would be appreciated especially getting my wireless working.

Thanks Dave

:)

DaveVancouver, Aug 27, 2017

2. Wireless USB Adapter showing in Device Manager but not showing in Network Connections window in Windows 10

Make and model of usb adapter?

I believe you are using wireless usb adapter for using a mouse and keyboard if yes, it wont show up in network connection as it wont pair anything else apart from the mouse and keyboard, think of it more as a interface between mouse and laptop and not as
    a wifi adapter.

Shrikar Acharya, Aug 27, 2017
  3. Wireless USB Adapter showing in Device Manager but not showing in Network Connections window in Windows 10

Dear Sir....

I have Dell Optiplex pc with Original Win10 Pro (64 bit). I have connect a wireless USB Adapter, and install the drivers. The adapter is showing in Device manager but not showing in Network Connections window in Control Pannel.

Even if for USB tethering, i have connect an Android mobile through USB port and switch on the USB tethering option on mobile. But this acts like above. Showing USB RNDIS device, in Device Manager but not showing in Network Connections window in Control
    Pannel in Windows 10.

Please help .... I am in big trouble now....hope for ur solution.

Suresh KumarSahu, Aug 27, 2017
  4. TrustMe Win User

wireless adapter not showing in device manager

To help you find the name and model of the wireless adapter

Click the Start button
    In the search box type control panel
    Click on the Control Panel that comes up
    Click on Device Manager
    There should be an Unknown Device in there. Right click on it and click on Properties
    Click on the Details tab near the top
    In the Property section, there is a down arrow to the right.
    Click on the down arrow and click on Hardware Ids
    In the Value section you will get two or three items that will come up.
    Highlight the first item in the list and right click. Click on Copy
    Open up your browser and go to Google. Right click in the search bar and click on Paste. Click on search.

Now you should be able to find the name and model on your wireless adapter. If you are still having trouble finding it,
    go back to the second item in the Value list and do the same thing.

TrustMe, Aug 27, 2017
Thema:

wireless adapter not showing in device manager

1. wireless adapter not showing in device manager - Similar Threads - wireless adapter showing

2. Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.: I bought a ASUS TUF Gamming F15 FX506LHB 1 year ago and the Network adapter has abruptly stopped working. It had been working fine beforehand.It is not showing up in Network and Sharing Centre. It was hidden in Device Manager. In fact the Bluetooth options have disappeared as...
  3. Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.: I bought a ASUS TUF Gamming F15 FX506LHB 1 year ago and the Network adapter has abruptly stopped working. It had been working fine beforehand.It is not showing up in Network and Sharing Centre. It was hidden in Device Manager. In fact the Bluetooth options have disappeared as...
  4. My wireless network adapter does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wireless network adapter does not show in device manager: I just downgraded from windows 11 to 10. When I went to go connect to the wifi nothing showed. Then I watched videos on how to fix it nothing works....
  5. My wireless network adapter does not show in device manager

My wireless network adapter does not show in device manager: I just downgraded from windows 11 to 10. When I went to go connect to the wifi nothing showed. Then I watched videos on how to fix it nothing works....
  6. My wireless network adapter does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  8. Wireless Adapter disappeared on Device Manager...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Adapter disappeared on Device Manager...: Can you please help me with this problem I encountered... Suddenly my wireless stopped working and the driver just suddenly disappeared as well... I have already checked my Device Manager... and I have enabled the "show hidden devices" but nothing still appears on my...
  9. Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager: This is for a Lenovo M90z. Intel Centrino 1000 adapter. All of sudden I lost my internet connection. Initially it stopped working and did appear in Device Manager with an explanation point. In the properties I was getting a "This device can not start "Code 10" message....
  10. wireless adapter not showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless adapter not showing in device manager: My wireless adapter is not in device manager, I only have ethernet connection. help me figure this out, please! I want my wireless back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter-not-showing-in-device-manager/d829b831-b7f2-4cea-82a5-1f020d7bfad1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop microsoft AC adaptoer not showing in device manager