Windows 10: Wireless chip disappeared

Discus and support Wireless chip disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I installed Windows 10 v1709 Enterprise x64 on a Desktop and, during this process, Windows also identified the wireless chip and the various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by balubeto, Nov 12, 2017.

1. balubeto Win User

Wireless chip disappeared

Hi

I installed Windows 10 v1709 Enterprise x64 on a Desktop and, during this process, Windows also identified the wireless chip and the various usable networks.

When the installation process was completed, I restarted my computer and my wireless chip was discovered by the Device Manager and, logically, the wireless connection no more works.

There is no exclamation mark in the Device Manager.

So, how do I restore my wireless chip?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Nov 12, 2017

2. Windows 10 Reserve - says I don't have a compatible/supported network chip? What the?

Wireless chip disappeared [​IMG]

This in in Croatian, but the same things apply - How can I not have a supported/compatible network chip?

I have a Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet chip and an Atheros AR5B97 Wireless chip, both of which are in pristine condition.

FranKelava, Nov 12, 2017
  3. Toyota Qi Phone Charger

Can the Toyota Qi Wireless Phone Chargers damage Lumia 950 Micro SD chips?

Pursewarden, Nov 12, 2017
  4. Wireless chip disappeared

Hi Balubeto.

First what Wireless device are you using on your desktop. There is a confirmed known problem with one Asus device.

Please fill in System Specs, include Windows 10 version and build number at

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

In device manager locate your wireless device, right click, click properties. On the general tab what is the device status?

Next you can run the Network Adapter troubleshooter which will uninstall and re-install the device. Start > Settings > Update and security > Troubleshoot > scroll down right hand side to Network Adapter.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 12, 2017
Thema:

Wireless chip disappeared

1. Wireless chip disappeared - Similar Threads - Wireless chip disappeared

2. Wireless Networks have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Networks have disappeared: Yesterday, October 5, 2022, my desktop Dell, Inspiron 3475 AIO running Windows 10 Home suddenly forgot that wireless networks are a thing that exist. I returned to my computer after a meeting and it was off. When I rebooted it, the only options for connecting to a network...
  3. Wireless Networks have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Networks have disappeared: Yesterday, October 5, 2022, my desktop Dell, Inspiron 3475 AIO running Windows 10 Home suddenly forgot that wireless networks are a thing that exist. I returned to my computer after a meeting and it was off. When I rebooted it, the only options for connecting to a network...
  4. Wireless Networks have disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wireless Display Adapter with Realtek Wireless Chip

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Display Adapter with Realtek Wireless Chip: Hi,I am trying to connect a device to a Microsoft Wireless display adapter but without luck. I can connect my Surface Go, HP Probook x360 11 EE to the adapter no problem. This issue **** when I try to connect an HP Probook 435 G7 with the Realtek RTL8822CE wireless card. I...
  6. Wireless Display Adapter with Realtek Wireless Chip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adapter with Realtek Wireless Chip: Hi,I am trying to connect a device to a Microsoft Wireless display adapter but without luck. I can connect my Surface Go, HP Probook x360 11 EE to the adapter no problem. This issue **** when I try to connect an HP Probook 435 G7 with the Realtek RTL8822CE wireless card. I...
  7. Wireless Display Adapter with Realtek Wireless Chip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Wireless adapter just disappeared

Wireless adapter just disappeared: Hello, I've tried all known troubleshoots that I could find on the internet about dealing with a code 45 wireless adapter error but haven't got any luck. At the last attempt of uninstalling and restarting my machine, the wireless adapter vanished from my devices list and...
  9. Integrated wireless card disappeared

Integrated wireless card disappeared: Today I turn on the PC, I started and I noticed that I could no longer connect to a WiFi network. The settings didn't show the wireless option and it was actually as if my computer didn't have the wireless card. My PC is a desktop computer with the Aorus x570 Ultra with an...
  10. Wireless card keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless card keeps disappearing: My wireless adapter has been dropping out intermittently and with increasing frequency these last few months. When it drops out, the adapter is missing from network settings and the device manager. Usually a few hard reboots would bring it back, but at some point last month...