Windows 10: wireless connection from camera; network detected cannot join

Discus and support wireless connection from camera; network detected cannot join in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new Canon camera that has the possibility of a wireless connection to download photographs. I have followed the (Canon) instructions and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ALANGR, Jun 8, 2017.

1. ALANGR Win User

wireless connection from camera; network detected cannot join

I have a new Canon camera that has the possibility of a wireless connection to download photographs. I have followed the (Canon) instructions and the camera detects my home network. When joining this network, I see the two PCs on the network. I choose one to join and then it says it is connecting (with a twiddling thumbs logo) but then says it cannot connect.

I find this frustrating as the network is clearly accessed for me to be able to see my two computers. I have, by the way, installed the (Canon) software to 'prepare the computer' for the connection.

I would appreciate any ides as to what I am missing, having tried both Device Manager and the Network and Sharing Centre to solve this problem!

:)

ALANGR, Jun 8, 2017
  2. ijkyuh Win User

My computer cannot detect printer after using wireless extender

As the modem is far, some part of my home experience weak wireless network. To tackle this issue, I've installed wireless extender (TP-Link).

However, after using the wireless extender, my computer could no longer detect my printer (Brother DCP-J562DW) even though my printer is connected to my network.

Reinstalling does not work as my computer still cannot detect the printer through my wireless network during installation.

Please help! Thanks!

Update:

Wireless Extender Model: TP-LINK RE355

Initially my extender network ID is the same as host ID.

I've realised that the computers that are connected to the extender, could not detect the printer (which is connected to the router).

To confirm my guess, I've renamed the wireless extender network into a different ID and I was right. Computers that are connected to extender cannot detect the printer, but when connected to router they can detect printer.

This may sound like a noob question, but how come I detect the printer (which is on router network) through extender network?

Please help! Thank you!

ijkyuh, Jun 8, 2017
  3. NongJin Win User
    Homegroup no longer detected

Here is my story. My computer worked with Windows 7 with HomeGroup. After upgrading to windows 10, home group stopped working and "join" option showed up. When I tried joining, it showed no homegroup was detected. Of cause, I entered the home group "password"
    I used before and verified it was correct. After several attempts, the "join" option disappeared and a "create" option became available which had not been there before. So I created a new home group. A new password was automatically created. Note that this
    computer was connected to the network with wire. After that, I went to a laptop which is wireless connected to the network . Tried joining and failed just like the first computer. Then I connected the cable to the laptop and tried joining the homegroup again.
    This time, it joined automatically and even didn't ask for password. I was happy with it. However, when I unpluged the wire connection and switched to wireless, the computer in the homegroup disappeared. It seems that wired and wireless are on different networks
    even though they are connected to the same router. Any idea?

NongJin, Jun 8, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

In most cases Canon sets up a hotspot and you then connect to it to download photos or to remote control the camera

Samuria, Jun 8, 2017
  5. ALANGR Win User
    Is that what the Canon software does? When I installed it, a message indicated that it was preparing the computer to recognise the camera. Does this make it a hotspot? What is confusing me is that I can see that the camera is locating items on my network but will not 'find' them when selected.

Is there something in W10 that I should be doing, I wonder.

Thanks for your help.

ALANGR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. wireless connection from camera; network detected cannot join - Similar Threads - wireless connection camera

2. My wireless network connection is not joining except of USB tethering.How to join ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wireless network connection is not joining except of USB tethering.How to join ?: My wireless network connection is not joining except of USB tethering.How to join ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-network-connection-is-not-joining/a827732d-df84-484d-bcf8-549f32b08514
  3. My wireless network connection is not joining except of USB tethering.How to join ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wireless network connection is not joining except of USB tethering.How to join ?: My wireless network connection is not joining except of USB tethering.How to join ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-network-connection-is-not-joining/a827732d-df84-484d-bcf8-549f32b08514
  4. My wireless network connection is not joining except of USB tethering.How to join ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wireless network connection is not joining except of USB tethering.How to join ?: My wireless network connection is not joining except of USB tethering.How to join ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-network-connection-is-not-joining/dd8f8dde-da55-44c9-af90-ef822830045d
  5. My wireless network connection is not joining except of USB tethering.How to join ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wireless network connection is not joining except of USB tethering.How to join ?: My wireless network connection is not joining except of USB tethering.How to join ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-network-connection-is-not-joining/dd8f8dde-da55-44c9-af90-ef822830045d
  6. Absolutely cannot connect to a wireless network anymore!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Absolutely cannot connect to a wireless network anymore!: Okay so it began as very seldomly losing internet connection on my laptop after leaving it idle and waking it from sleep... Then somehow would only hold a wireless connection when plugged in and charging... Then it would be that every few minutes it'll lose internet...
  7. Cannot connect to any wireless network

Cannot connect to any wireless network: I am using a Fujitsu laptop with Windows 10 Home Vesion 1903 installed on 9/14/2019 and OS build 18362.449. From yesterday, I cannot connect to any wireless network. Although I can see them from the network available list, after click on the connect button, "Unable to...
  8. Cannot connect to the wireless network

Cannot connect to the wireless network: Hi I started my PC in a new premises with a Wireless modem, I have two other PC's connected. When I started the PC it saw the wireless network and the option came up to connect and there was a tick in the "Connect Automatically" box. I selected OK but got a message...
  9. New Computer - Cannot connect to wireless network??

New Computer - Cannot connect to wireless network??: Hey All, My father bought a brand new HP pavilion desktop. Pretty nice machine. I7, 16gb ram, all that and the bag of chips. Anyways, his internet access is through his landlords wireless. This desktop comes equipped with a modern AC wireless adapter. We turned the...
  10. Wireless connection problem: "cannot connect to this network" message

Wireless connection problem: "cannot connect to this network" message: Hello, My desktop PC cannot connect wirelessly to my router. I get the message "Cannot connect to this network". The adapter driver is up-to-date and is shown as working properly. Other devices connect wirelessly with no problems (including the laptop I am using right now...