Windows 10: wireless connection keeps dropping out for various reasons.

Discus and support wireless connection keeps dropping out for various reasons. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been experienceing this issues for a few days and i cant seem to create a solid fix. I am using a NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 adapter and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mattdean89, Jul 11, 2018.

1. wireless connection keeps dropping out for various reasons.

I have been experienceing this issues for a few days and i cant seem to create a solid fix.

I am using a NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 adapter and my internet connection is doing some pretty odd things and i cant work out if its my pc, my router or my adapter.

I can search and connect to my home WiFi no problem but then it displays its identifying for an extraordinary amount of time, or connects with no internet access, eventually leading to me troubleshooting the issue with the windows tool.

every time i do this i get one of these answers.

Ip config is incorrect, which it fixes 90% of the time with a reset your WiFi adapter and then works until i try to do anything launch an online application or browse a webpage then it drops off again only to recount the cycle.

Default gateway is not available which again it will either recount the above fix and work or sometimes does not fix at all.

Possible fix could be to reset your network configuration which it reboots the pc and 90% of the time doesn't fix the problem only to throw up one of the two above issues and continue the circle of agony.

Sometimes it will fix and last for maybe up to an hour or two but then it drops out and etc. .

and sometimes it just drops out disconnects the adapter as if id asked it safely remove a usb, then reconnects it only to work again for 5 mins or untill i try to do anything related to the internet connection.

I've tried looking at the cmd ipconfig /all command and from what i can tell with the untrained eye when its connected everything looks all good.

I've checked the drivers for the adapter and there up to date.

I've checked my windows updates and they're all up to date.

I've checked my pheonix 360 system mechanic to see if that was interfering with it and nope.

I've tried rebooting my router and that does nothing.

I've tried resetting my system to an earlier stage and that didn't work.

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-PM1UG7L
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : D0-50-99-9B-2B-1B
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter WiFi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 Adapter
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 2C-30-33-A1-EA-48
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::6122:7f4f:f860:caf2%7(Preferred)
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.41(Preferred)
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 11 July 2018 13:01:38
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 21 July 2018 13:01:39
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
    DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 472657971
    DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-22-C1-92-C6-D0-50-99-9B-2B-1B
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 194.168.4.100
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

I am very close to just loosing my marbles. The only next fix i cant think of trying is to do is get a PCI card to install in my Pc to try and get a more stable connection.

There are two other laptops in my house and various phones, I pads etc that all work fine with the internet so I'm quite sure its not my router.

[Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10]

:)

mattdean89, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Titan Win User

Wireless connection randomly drops

So i currently have a MSI GT80 running killer wireless 1525 network adapter and am constantly seeing network drops to the point where i get an exclamation mark over my wireless icon and no activity. Connection shows connected but no speed, only until i manually disconnect and reconnect. This has been happening since earlier this week after having the laptop off for a couple days and i'm sure some updates came in from Microsoft.

Steps I've taken already to resolve this:

1. Uninstalled killer wireless software suite and installed stand alone killer driver
    2. Refreshed the PC with clean windows 10 install
    3. All drivers are up to date including BIOS
    4. Ran ccleaner along with registry side of it
    5. Memtest shows no errors
    6. Hard drives show no errors
    7. Connected to LAN and no drops all day

I'm not sure what else to check as this is a fairly new laptop bought back in march and doing some searching on google showed some posts about people with the same issues (different laptops/hardware) thinking it was related to Windows 10.

This has me thinking a recent update is causing it..

any other things i can try please?

Titan, Jul 11, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Hello, are you always connected to the same router - or are you skipping to others? Suggest disabling these settings:

wireless connection keeps dropping out for various reasons. [​IMG]

Also check your channel is not congested, and signal strength is adequate. There are freeware tools which can show you this information.

You might have to change band (frequency) - and in one scenario where someone was renting a place it was suggested the owner was restricting Wifi bandwidth...!

I'm sure others more experienced in these issues will comment.

dalchina, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Hannelore Win User

wireless connection keeps dropping out for various reasons.

Project connect to wireless device issue

Hi Kari,

Thanks for the reply.

My tv is definitely connected to my wifi; I've tried restarting the tv, and disconnecting/reconnecting to my wifi, but the tv still isn't showing up in the list of devices when trying to use 'project'.

I actually had issues with this before, but after a significant update about a week ago, I noticed that it was showing up in the devices list. I'm unsure what could have changed tonight.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? *Smile Is there maybe some way to 'clear' (for lack of a better word) any saved devices on my laptop so I can start fresh with project?

Hannelore, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

wireless connection keeps dropping out for various reasons.

1. wireless connection keeps dropping out for various reasons. - Similar Threads - wireless connection keeps

2. Network connection dropping out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network connection dropping out: My laptop keeps losing its network connection. When I run troublshooter it fixes the problem and reports its a gateway issue. All other devices have no problem....
  3. Laptop WiFi connection keeps dropping out (Hardware Question)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop WiFi connection keeps dropping out (Hardware Question): My daughter has a laptop that keeps losing it's connection to the local wireless network - any local wireless network. It will connect to any network, using security passwords, but the just drop off, after random amounts of time, ending in the message "The specified network...
  4. Internet connection keeps dropping out

Internet connection keeps dropping out: With out warning connection is lost cause the default Gateway is not available according to the checker. Still trying to sort that out and machine keeps crashing and freezing Any help would be grateful...
  5. Wireless Connection Constantly Dropping Out

Wireless Connection Constantly Dropping Out: When trying to use my University Wi-Fi, my wireless connection keeps changing to "No Internet Access." I keep having to go through the struggle everytime this happens, where I have to end up resetting my wireless adapter. I'm not sure what is causing this; I have filed a...
  6. Internet Keeps Dropping Out

Internet Keeps Dropping Out: I recently got a new PC and realized that there is a problem with the internet. I have an ethernet cable plugged in but every few minutes or so, my internet will drop for a second or 2 and come right back on. This is the same ethernet cable and everything I have been using on...
  7. wireless connection keeps dropping out for various reasons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless connection keeps dropping out for various reasons.: I have been experienceing this issues for a few days and i cant seem to create a solid fix. I am using a NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 adapter and my internet connection is doing some pretty odd things and i cant work out if its my pc, my router or my adapter. I can search and...
  8. BSOD Various Stop Codes, Various Reasons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Various Stop Codes, Various Reasons: Trying to figure out what causes all these stop codes. New computer, specs below. Sometimes while working in Adobe Premiere Pro, I get a crash. Sometimes it's when I move the mouse. Sometimes, it's when I open a program. Each time, it seems, I get a different code. I have no...
  9. Wireless Connection Drops

Wireless Connection Drops: Hello everyone. I got MSI GP62-2QE laptop and have been using Windows 10 since I bought it without having a problem. But few days ago when I was playing an offline game my wi-fi connection dropped. I tried to connect back, and I actually succeed but it's keep dropping since...
  10. Wireless connection randomly drops

Wireless connection randomly drops: So i currently have a MSI GT80 running killer wireless 1525 network adapter and am constantly seeing network drops to the point where i get an exclamation mark over my wireless icon and no activity. Connection shows connected but no speed, only until i manually disconnect...