Windows 10: Wireless connection problem

Discus and support Wireless connection problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a problem. My PC sometimes gets disconnected from my home WiFi (only from that, and only my PC, not my tablet or phone, or other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by G Zoltán, Jul 30, 2018.

1. G Zoltán Win User

Wireless connection problem

Hi everyone, I have a problem.

My PC sometimes gets disconnected from my home WiFi (only from that, and only my PC, not my tablet or phone, or other laptops in the house) and it doesn't connect unless I put it in sleep mode and wake it up. I reinstalled windows, driver should be updated, no idea why is this happening, but again, it only happens with my home wireless. Maybe the wireless card is damaged? But that would cause connection problems for other wireless connections as well.. I don't know, help me out if you can. I tried resetting the router and with an ethernet cable the connection is stable.

:)

G Zoltán, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Problem with wireless connection

Hi,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the following link:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Also applies to Windows 10.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to un-install the current version of wireless card driver installed and then try to download and install wireless card drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check.

Follow the steps on how to un-install the wireless card driver.

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Network adaptors.

• Right click on wireless card driver and select
      Un-install.
    Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
    OK to remove the driver.

After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Computer will load the network adaptor card. Now you may check with the issue.

If the above steps doesn't help, I suggest you to login to other computer which has internet connectivity, visit the computer manufacturer website of the issue computer and then download the latest driver
    for the wireless card and save it to a external flash drive. Once you successfully save the drivers setup file, insert the flash drive on the issue computer and then try to install the drivers and check with the issue.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    wireless connectivity

Hi Carl,

It's possible that your wireless network adapter is incompatible with the latest Windows 10 update, causing network connectivity issues. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions
    for you:

• Which specific build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we recommend using the built-in network troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix common network problems. To use it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Network troubleshooter.
    • Click Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps shown on the screen.

Additionally, we suggest updating your wireless network adapter driver by following the steps

here

We'll wait for your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Kamekaze Win User

Hi,
    I've been having problems with my wireless Internet connection since I reformatted my HDD.

Before I formatted, my computer was picking up the wireless fine with very good/excellent, but now it always has a low/very low connection and always goes below 11mbps, or it doesn't connect. Both the wireless router and my computer are in exactly the same place as before. I have tried reinstalling my wireless card, using repair etc. Both of the areal things out of my PC and the wireless are sticking up. Atm, it seems to be working OK on low connection.

Any ideas?

Kamekaze, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Wireless connection problem - Similar Threads - Wireless connection problem

2. wireless connection to TV problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless connection to TV problem: Hi, a batch of my lenovo thinkpad running on wndows 11 suddenly cannot connect wireless to samsung tv, seeking any advice.I have updated windows, unintsall network adaptors driver, display adaptors driver, but still cannot connect. Some of my laptop can still connect to the...
  3. wireless connection to TV problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless connection to TV problem: Hi, a batch of my lenovo thinkpad running on wndows 11 suddenly cannot connect wireless to samsung tv, seeking any advice.I have updated windows, unintsall network adaptors driver, display adaptors driver, but still cannot connect. Some of my laptop can still connect to the...
  4. Problem connecting to internet wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting to internet wireless: I have a problem connecting internet wi-fi after this installation: 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5022287I have Windows 11 Enterpreis version 21H2.I' ve already tried to update driver but nothing resolved the issue....
  5. Problem connecting wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem connecting wireless printer: [ATTACH]help me ! * Original title: help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-connecting-wireless-printer/76b6d5b9-41e5-40c6-866a-c1c0325dab0f
  6. Having a problem with wireless connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having a problem with wireless connection: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ity_yoon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/grrfxw/having_a_problem_with_wireless_connection/
  7. Wireless connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless connection problem: Hi all. I have read through hundreds of answers and not yet found the same fault as I seem to have. My connection only goes down when I am streaming from my pc to the TV. I have run an analysis and it says: THE DRIVER DISCONNECTED WHILE ASSOCIATING PFE16000. What does this...
  8. Wireless Connectivity Problem

Wireless Connectivity Problem: I have a Century Link Modem, a Netgear A6210 wireless connector. Five other computers connect fine and access the internet using the same A6210 connector. I installed the latest software 1.0.0.35 for the A6210 and when installed it see the modem, and the neighbors modems....
  9. Windows 10 wireless connection problem No Wireless Connections Availa

Windows 10 wireless connection problem No Wireless Connections Availa: Turned on my computer this morning and my device can't find any wifi "Not connected no connections available" my other computers can connect to my modem no problem Wondering if anyone can direct to a link with a solve or give me some advice on how to resolve this...
  10. Problems connecting to wireless printer

Problems connecting to wireless printer: We have a new (albeit old) wireless printer (HP Color laserjet CP3525) with a wireless adapter card. Computers running Windows 7 or Windows 8 could see the network and connect. All computers could then print to the printer. None of our computers running Windows 8.1 could see...