Windows 10: Wireless Connections

Discus and support Wireless Connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I currently use Windows 10 Home Edition on my laptop and I suspect that there are some additional wireless connections configured. I thinks this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ACY, Jan 29, 2017.

1. ACY
    ACY Win User

Wireless Connections

I currently use Windows 10 Home Edition on my laptop and I suspect that there are some additional wireless connections configured. I thinks this connection may be used for snooping and seek your help in identifying these connections and also wish to understand how to control such thing from happening in the future.

There is one particular network that shows up in some tools but never on the wireless connections list on the list provided by windows. This network shows as an Open Network and is a cause of concern.

How do I check if there are additional networks configured on the laptop that allow the snooping to happen?

Regards

:)

2. wireless connections

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

Some computers have hotkeys or manual switches which could be involved. Also be sure you are not somehow activating Airplane Mode.

Windows 10 Help - scroll down to "Connectivity" <-- read this

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/wi...

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10 <-- read this

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/...

Your router would be suspect here, have you updated its firmware as a possible solution? The router can be the issue even if other OS's are working fine. And I would update your WiFi drivers on the computers.

Try actually updating your driver :

Make a Restore Point : Start - type in --> Restore find at top and click on it - then Create

Right Click Start Button - Device Manager - Network - write down make and model of Wifi - double click on it - driver's tab - write down version - click Update Driver (may not do anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers). Then Right Click on Wifi Device
    and UNINSTALL - Reboot - this will refresh the driver stack.

Then check the System/Motherboard Maker's Site and that of the actual device maker (such as Intel, RealTek, Broadcom, or Atheros) for even newer drivers.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ht...

Download - SAVE - go to where you put it - Right Click - RUN AS ADMIN.

You can download several at once however reboot after you install each one.

After looking at the System Maker's you can check Device Maker's for even newer versions. (The ones from System maker become your fallbacks).

Windows 10 - Help & Support

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/s...

Windows - 10 - Search Support

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/newsearch/resul...

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 29, 2017
  3. wireless connections

Is this a sudden, new problem or...?

What Version & OS Build of Windows 10 is currently installed?

• Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 29, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Wireless Connections

Welcome to the forum. A list of networks is just what's in your area and mean nothing unless you actually connect to them so there is no need to worry

Samuria, Jan 29, 2017
  5. ACY
    ACY Win User
    True... if there are multiple connections going out or a man in the middle setup...

There are profiles in the registry that I never created. I have already cleaned up the profile list in the registry once and I see a bunch of them in my registry again.

This is what is bothering me and need to control it.

If you are in India then its Beer time else I can only offer a big thank you

6. You can use something like NetSetMan to make sure, that only one network profile is being used.

TairikuOkami, Jan 29, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wireless Connections

1. Wireless Connections - Similar Threads - Wireless Connections

2. Can't connect to wireless display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to wireless display: Whenever I try to use a wireless display, I get an error message saying, "Couldn't connect". I've tried several different TV's, all the same. I have other Windows 11 machines that can display just fine to those TVs. I do see an attempt being made on my TV, as I'd expect. I...
  3. Can't connect to wireless display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wireless display: Whenever I try to use a wireless display, I get an error message saying, "Couldn't connect". I've tried several different TV's, all the same. I have other Windows 11 machines that can display just fine to those TVs. I do see an attempt being made on my TV, as I'd expect. I...
  4. wireless connection to TV problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless connection to TV problem: Hi, a batch of my lenovo thinkpad running on wndows 11 suddenly cannot connect wireless to samsung tv, seeking any advice.I have updated windows, unintsall network adaptors driver, display adaptors driver, but still cannot connect. Some of my laptop can still connect to the...
  5. wireless connection to TV problem

wireless connection to TV problem: Hi, a batch of my lenovo thinkpad running on wndows 11 suddenly cannot connect wireless to samsung tv, seeking any advice.I have updated windows, unintsall network adaptors driver, display adaptors driver, but still cannot connect. Some of my laptop can still connect to the...
  6. Can't connect to wireless display anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wireless display anymore.: I have a Yoga 7i Lenovo with Windows 11, and I've been able to cast to my television just fine until about a week ago. It's a TCL Roku TV. I haven't changed any settings and I've restarted both devices several times, but I still says, "Couldn't Connect." My iPhone still...
  7. Can't connect to wireless display anymore.

Can't connect to wireless display anymore.: I have a Yoga 7i Lenovo with Windows 11, and I've been able to cast to my television just fine until about a week ago. It's a TCL Roku TV. I haven't changed any settings and I've restarted both devices several times, but I still says, "Couldn't Connect." My iPhone still...
  8. Wireless headphones can't connect or appear on my windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless headphones can't connect or appear on my windows 11 laptop: My wireless headphones aren't able to connect to my windows 11 laptop. Other devices such as my phone appear. Is there a way i can solve this?...
  9. Wireless headphones can't connect or appear on my windows 11 laptop

Wireless headphones can't connect or appear on my windows 11 laptop: My wireless headphones aren't able to connect to my windows 11 laptop. Other devices such as my phone appear. Is there a way i can solve this?...
  10. my Bluetooth headphones doesn't connect after wireless Bluetooth update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Bluetooth headphones doesn't connect after wireless Bluetooth update: problem started now it also happened before . i want to fix this . it says that didn't work make sure the Bluetooth device is still discoverable .. and it is discoverable...