Windows 10: Wireless Display and LG WEBOS 2

Discus and support Wireless Display and LG WEBOS 2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hope this is the correct forum to ask - Have a laptop running Win 10 64 10586 and on the LG TV running WebOS 2.0 I enabled WIFI-Direct and the TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by guyp2k, Nov 17, 2015.

1. guyp2k Win User

Wireless Display and LG WEBOS 2

Hope this is the correct forum to ask - Have a laptop running Win 10 64 10586 and on the LG TV running WebOS 2.0 I enabled WIFI-Direct and the TV detects the laptop and provides a pin, when I select "project" to a wireless display the LG TV shows up and I select, but I receive connecting and eventually receive "couldn't connect." I never get prompted to enter the PIN on the laptop and was curious does the functionality work?

I have searched the LG forums for direction/solution without success.

Thanks

:)

guyp2k, Nov 17, 2015

2. windows 10 upgrade no sound through hdmi. LG Tv isn't showing up in sound playback menu.

After upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1 my msi gt70 notebook with gtx770m card is not passing audio through the hdmi. The sound preferences don't show the TV as a playback device. And it isn't showing up under audio hardware in the device manager. The gtx770
    control panel has audio through hdmi enabled.

Opening up the device manager, the tv shows up as ageneric pnp monitor under displays and as lg webos tv under digital media devices. Under details for lg webos tv the status for No connect sound is <true>.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Billelbadawi, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Connect a desktop pc to a Samsung smart tv

Did you not see he has a Samsung, not an LG. Same here, LG manual is worthless to this help topic.

THX?

JenniferBrown-West, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

Wireless Display and LG WEBOS 2

1. Wireless Display and LG WEBOS 2 - Similar Threads - Wireless Display WEBOS

2. Connect LG TV to Asus laptop wirelessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect LG TV to Asus laptop wirelessly: Hi all,I have a LG smart TV which I have always successfully connected my Asus laptop to share screen. However this connection suddenly stopped and I am no longer able to share my laptop screen to the TV.My laptop is still able to detect the TV under Connect to a wireless...
  3. Connect LG TV to Asus laptop wirelessly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect LG TV to Asus laptop wirelessly: Hi all,I have a LG smart TV which I have always successfully connected my Asus laptop to share screen. However this connection suddenly stopped and I am no longer able to share my laptop screen to the TV.My laptop is still able to detect the TV under Connect to a wireless...
  4. Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV

Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV: ** FYI none of the topics fit what my question is actually about, so I picked "Connect Phone to PC" even though that isn't my problem.**I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and other than the action center being dispersed into other areas, I haven't had any issues... until...
  5. Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV: ** FYI none of the topics fit what my question is actually about, so I picked "Connect Phone to PC" even though that isn't my problem.**I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and other than the action center being dispersed into other areas, I haven't had any issues... until...
  6. Having trouble using new LG TV for wireless display in WIN11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble using new LG TV for wireless display in WIN11: I have been able to get it to work but it seems to only want to work when it feels good and ready. The closest I have been able to come to figuring out when that is is using the event viewer I found an error. This error is there every single time that I try to send to my...
  7. Having trouble using new LG TV for wireless display in WIN11

Having trouble using new LG TV for wireless display in WIN11: I have been able to get it to work but it seems to only want to work when it feels good and ready. The closest I have been able to come to figuring out when that is is using the event viewer I found an error. This error is there every single time that I try to send to my...
  8. Wireless Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Display: Hi so I have been wanting tok connect my Lenovo Y540 to my TV via Wireless Display, but every time I try to connect my laptop freezes shortly when connected and then immidiatly dissconnects again. I cant seem to find anyone with a similar issue online, does anyonee know a...
  9. Surface Laptop 2 cant display properly on LG Ultrawide 34 inch monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Laptop 2 cant display properly on LG Ultrawide 34 inch monitor.: I recently bought a LG Ultrawide 21:9 34 inch monitor and I tried connecting my Surface Laptop 2 to the monitor. Connecting to the monitor it self isnt a problem; however, I cannot select a 2560x1080 resolution for the surface laptop 2 which is the resolution needed to...
  10. Connect a Windows 10 Laptop to 2 Wireless displays

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect a Windows 10 Laptop to 2 Wireless displays: Good afternoon good Microsoft people, My workplace recently got 2 Roku TVs, that are perfect for connecting to wirelessly. However, when I attempt to connect to the second one, the first disconnects. I saw that there was a microsoft help page about how to do this, but it...