Windows 10: Wireless / Ethernet connection to internet permanently ON?

Discus and support Wireless / Ethernet connection to internet permanently ON? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi As the title reads. Is it safe to have a permanent connection to the internet, even leaving a wired connection plugged in whilst rebooting and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EightK, Jul 30, 2016.

1. EightK Win User

Wireless / Ethernet connection to internet permanently ON?

Hi

As the title reads. Is it safe to have a permanent connection to the internet, even leaving a wired connection plugged in whilst rebooting and signing into the Windows profile?

Thanks

:)

EightK, Jul 30, 2016

2. Windows 10 Pro Version 1511,10586 won't install

Is the computer connected to the internet using a wireless or ethernet connection?

Gerry C J Cornell, Jul 30, 2016
  3. RonBueing Win User
    Windows 10 No "WiFi" Option

I am connected to the internet via an Ethernet connection. I need to access my WiFi network, but no WiFi option shows up in Network & Internet list on the left hand side of the page and the only available network showing is to my **** Router which is connected
    by Ethernet. The wireless router is working and several other devices are connected, but I cannot see the wireless network on my computer and it has a wireless card. When we set up the router at first it would only connect via wireless and not by Ethernet.
    I wanted the Ethernet connection for the desktop computer for the speed, so we disabled the wireless during the set up of the router. The wireless now does not even show up to be enabled. Any ideas.

RonBueing, Jul 30, 2016
  4. vgchat Win User

Why do you think it wouldn't be safe?

vgchat, Aug 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Wireless / Ethernet connection to internet permanently ON? - Similar Threads - Wireless Ethernet connection

2. No ethernet internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No ethernet internet connection: I had to reset my pc yesterday and after that it says no that there is no internet connection i alredy tried all solutions i coud find usb tethering from my phone doesn't work either...
  3. No ethernet internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No ethernet internet connection: I had to reset my pc yesterday and after that it says no that there is no internet connection i alredy tried all solutions i coud find usb tethering from my phone doesn't work either...
  4. Ethernet not connecting to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet not connecting to the internet.: I connect to the internet via an ethernet connection through electric powerline modules. It has been running great until a couple of days ago. My computer says that I'm connected with internet access until I run a diagnostic. It says that the connection between your access...
  5. Ethernet connected but no internet

Ethernet connected but no internet: Ethernet connected but no internet, my motherboard does not support wifi z170a. I have tried ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew I've tried rebooting and doing netsh int ip reset and netsh winsock reset I've...
  6. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless: I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working...
  7. Can connect to internet via ethernet but not wireless

Can connect to internet via ethernet but not wireless: My wireless symbol has changed and I can only connect to the internet when I put the ethernet cable into my laptop. What is wrong>...
  8. Internet connection by ethernet / wireless - always on / plugged in?

Internet connection by ethernet / wireless - always on / plugged in?: Hi Sorry if not the correct place to ask, but do people usually leave their internet connection always connected to online? Whether connected by ethernet or via wireless? I tend to plug when logging off and re-plug in when fully booted up and logged into windows....
  9. slower internet connection on ethernet than wireless

slower internet connection on ethernet than wireless: i have a AC600 wifi adapter and a ASUS rt-ac1200g+ router, we pay for 100mbps down. i can hit 30mbps on the wifi adapter but when i try ethernet it is locked at 10mbps at full duplex which is really weird. i have tried cat5e/6/7 but all does the same. i have tried in cmd...
  10. No internet connection form Ethernet while Wireless works.

No internet connection form Ethernet while Wireless works.: Hello. My problem is this. My desktop for some reason can't connect to Ethernet, but it still can connect to the wireless connection(Wifi). I have no idea why this is and it's getting really annoying. Thanks to any one who could offer a fix *Smile 58686