Windows 10: Wireless input devices lag under CPU load

Discus and support Wireless input devices lag under CPU load in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have experienced issues regarding my Wireless input devices (Logitech Unifying Receiver mouse & keyboard, Bluetooth Wireless Controller)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by desmond1303, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Wireless input devices lag under CPU load

Hi,

I have experienced issues regarding my Wireless input devices (Logitech Unifying Receiver mouse & keyboard, Bluetooth Wireless Controller) during gaming. Both receivers are plugged into USB 3.0 ports and in almost immediate proximity. When idle, or performing simple tasks like browsing the internet, all the devices have almost no latency. But, when gaming, they have sudden spikes of latency (up to like 50 ms, from the usual 1 ms). This happens for all wireless inputs, but if connected with a USB cable the same devices perform as they should, with no hiccups.

I assume that the processing of the Wireless Receiver signals somehow has a lower priority when under heavy load, which is what would cause such behavior. I might be wrong.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

:)

desmond1303, Oct 28, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Wireless Mouse Help

That model is an insten 2.4ghz wireless optical mouse

Try loading a default USB input Driver for the USB receiver in Device Manager

DaveM121, Oct 28, 2017
  3. Various performance issues after AU: input lag, audio and video stutter, windows defender resource hogging

Hi all,

I like the new features of the AU, but I'm experiencing minor though continuous performance issues. I can already let you know I have updated all relevant drivers (to my knowledge) and done several systems scans and repair attempts as suggested on these
    forums, to no avail.

Laptop specs:

Asus N56, i7 3610QM, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3, Samsung 830 Pro SSD, NVidia 630M (not in use)

1) I experience intermittent input lag on mouse + keyboard. Starting when the system is under moderate load (<50%), mouse and keyboard intermittently lags for a fraction of a second, but does so sometimes multiple times per second. It is especially pronounced
    when switching between apps and when starting new apps, whereas before the AU I never experinced this.

2) During these moments of input lag, audio and video also tends to stutter. It is not a crippling problem but it is quite annoying since I work on this PC basically the whole day.

3) Windows Defender will often use up to 20% of my CPU. I understand Defender scans incoming files, but it also uses a lot of CPU when I have no new files anywhere in my system. I would like to be able to control this behavior if this is possible.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Best,

Paul

PaulMertens, Oct 28, 2017
Thema:

Wireless input devices lag under CPU load

1. Wireless input devices lag under CPU load - Similar Threads - Wireless input devices

2. Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay: I am on Windows 11 using a wireless USB mouse and keyboard. Every once in a while the keyboard/mouse will have severe input delay/lag. As in, while I'm typing at a normal speed, letters will be missed. And, even worse, the mouse lags, skips, and jumps around the screen,...
  3. Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay: I am on Windows 11 using a wireless USB mouse and keyboard. Every once in a while the keyboard/mouse will have severe input delay/lag. As in, while I'm typing at a normal speed, letters will be missed. And, even worse, the mouse lags, skips, and jumps around the screen,...
  4. Wireless devices input lag / stuttering / freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless devices input lag / stuttering / freezing: Hello guys,I've just got my first wireless keyboard in a while.. Didn't had one since 2015 probably and I'm messed up...I use the keyboard via dongle 2.4 ghz and I am experiencing stuttering, freezing and lagging at random moments that could last from 1 second to the limit of...
  5. Wireless devices input lag / stuttering / freezing

Wireless devices input lag / stuttering / freezing: Hello guys,I've just got my first wireless keyboard in a while.. Didn't had one since 2015 probably and I'm messed up...I use the keyboard via dongle 2.4 ghz and I am experiencing stuttering, freezing and lagging at random moments that could last from 1 second to the limit of...
  6. cpu bsod under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu bsod under load: my E5-2680v2 pc keeps crashing when putting load on cpu, cpu doing 50c and 80w, have tried these so far:-psu change-resetting bios-driver download-few others heres eventdata and dmp:issue.zip onedrive link<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">-...
  7. cpu bsod under load

cpu bsod under load: my E5-2680v2 pc keeps crashing when putting load on cpu, cpu doing 50c and 80w, have tried these so far:-psu change-resetting bios-driver download-few others heres eventdata and dmp:issue.zip onedrive link<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">-...
  8. cpu bsod under load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. input lag

input lag: When i install windows, mouse feels fine. win10 and 11After about 30~60 minutes, i start getting input lag like extra 40ms.Doesn't matter what i do, it won't go away.It's worse on windows 11.I've tried everything hardware/software/network/EMI/Electricity/windows settings...
  10. BSOD While CPU Under Load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD While CPU Under Load: Hi All, I've been bashing my head against the wall trying to figure out this intermittent BSOD issue I have. It seems to mostly happening while the CPU is under intense load, but isn't really consistent. For example I played Destiny 2 pretty heavily for a few days without...