Windows 10: wireless mouse and keyboard don't work first time every day

Discus and support wireless mouse and keyboard don't work first time every day in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm sure the strange things that happen as a result of Windows 10 are getting stranger. My latest problem baffles me, not only for wanting a solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tankbuster, Aug 8, 2016.

1. wireless mouse and keyboard don't work first time every day

I'm sure the strange things that happen as a result of Windows 10 are getting stranger. My latest problem baffles me, not only for wanting a solution but how it can possibly be happening, so as usual all advice much appreciated.

This has been happening for a couple of weeks. I switch my PC on for the first time that day. It boots up and in front of me is my first screen. The screen with a picture that I normally click on or press the space bar to take me to my Windows log on screen.

But no tapping of mouse or keyboard or mouse achieves anything.

I power down and back on using the PC power button and it re boots (feels a bit slower than first time) and yes everything works and I can complete my log on.

It doesn't matter how many times, I switch the PC off and on in the course of a day, it always works.

Next day. Power up, No recognition of mouse keyboard.

How can this be? A check in the boot software that says is this the first boot of a new day? Yes, well lets annoy him and don't let his mouse and keyboard work until he boots for a second time.

:)

tankbuster, Aug 8, 2016

2. Keyboard and mouse not being detecte.. cant login

My Dell optiplex 390 running windows 10 after the latest update was at first disconnecting and reconnecting my wireless mouse and keyboard sporadically without provocation.. then four days ago both completely stopped working.

Mouse at the time was Logitech m325 wireless

Keyboard at the time was Vivitar v62550-mic wireless

I tried using my other usb wired mouse and keyboard from another working pc and it still will not detect either. Also connected the old wireless mouse and keyboard to the other pc and they both work just fine.

I still decided to go to bestbuy and purchase a generic insignia wireless keyboard and mouse combo. To check and it worked just fine on the other pc but still not detected on the dell.

I use a usb external sound interface ( tascam us-122 ) and that seems to work just fine ( it only lights up if connected and running via its drivers ) and during my over 30 restarts and roboots the tacsam connects every time..

I've tried holding the power button until the pc shuts down, restarted normally, no luck

Plugged the pc out during boot to trigger self repair, but that required me to select an option, again no luck.

The dell still charges my usb devices in this state but can't find the mouse or keyboard..

I need help

dancehall-universe, Aug 8, 2016
  3. BTUken Win User
    Wireless mouse and keyboard center

the screen saying it cannot find the microsoft mouse and keyboard appears every time I start my computer. I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard and they work fine. Is the keyboard center in the wrong location?

BTUken, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

wireless mouse and keyboard don't work first time every day

thanks for the laugh *Smile ( your last paragraph.... )

it's not a touchscreen is it? I have seen something similar on some laptops , that ignore the wireless mouse until the screen is touched.

Win10 disables the NumPad at Boot by default though ( can be fixed with a .reg file)

Kbird, Aug 8, 2016
  5. It's not a touch screen. I know the numpad is disabled and that's every boot not just once a day, but this is is mouse and keyboard

tankbuster, Aug 8, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    I would suspect something to do with your USB , I know something similar happens on some X99 systems on cold boots as the xHCI driver resets the USB3 on cold boots but not on resets etc . if there is an option in the bios to switch the xHCI controller to Auto instead of smart Auto it may help

as for the numlock at boot I use a PIN so I use the reg. file here to enable the NUMLock pad at the boot screen (even though it's on in the bios already)

Num Lock - Enable or Disable on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

wireless mouse and keyboard don't work first time every day

1. wireless mouse and keyboard don't work first time every day - Similar Threads - wireless mouse keyboard

2. wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working: the USB wireless mouse and numbers keypad works but wireless keyboard MS Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Model 1559 stopped working. If I remove the batteries new and put them back in, it will work for a few minutes and then stop working again....
  3. wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working: the USB wireless mouse and numbers keypad works but wireless keyboard MS Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Model 1559 stopped working. If I remove the batteries new and put them back in, it will work for a few minutes and then stop working again....
  4. wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. keyboard and mouse don't work after first reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and mouse don't work after first reboot: Did a USB install Windows 10. When it restarts the keyboard and trackpad DON"T work. They work fine in BIOS. UGH! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-dont-work-after-first-reboot/fd71e1ae-00be-4195-a9b2-d7d3c38d9946
  6. keyboard and mouse don't work after first reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard and mouse don't work after first reboot: Did a USB install Windows 10. When it restarts the keyboard and trackpad DON"T work. They work fine in BIOS. UGH! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-dont-work-after-first-reboot/fd71e1ae-00be-4195-a9b2-d7d3c38d9946
  7. keyboard and mouse don't work after first reboot

8. Windows don't boot first time of the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows don't boot first time of the day: Hello there,I have this problem for a few weeks now, my Windows just fail to boot up first time of the day. It's just stuck on the loading screen right before it let's you use the desktop. The solution is turning off the whole PC with the power button on the PC case and...
  9. Windows don't boot first time of the day

Windows don't boot first time of the day: Hello there,I have this problem for a few weeks now, my Windows just fail to boot up first time of the day. It's just stuck on the loading screen right before it let's you use the desktop. The solution is turning off the whole PC with the power button on the PC case and...
  10. Windows don't boot first time of the day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging