Windows 10: Wireless mouse isn't working properly with new, first ever build?

Discus and support Wireless mouse isn't working properly with new, first ever build? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Logitech Performance MX, which I have used with my laptop for the past few months (on both Windows 8 and 10). Last night I built my first ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by concord72, Feb 4, 2017.

1. concord72 Win User

Wireless mouse isn't working properly with new, first ever build?

I have a Logitech Performance MX, which I have used with my laptop for the past few months (on both Windows 8 and 10). Last night I built my first ever PC, with a fresh install of Win 10 and the MX has been extremely laggy with it for some reason. My laptop had bluetooth and wifi but my PC doesn't, could this be the reason? The only drivers I installed were LAN, VGA, and INF from my mobo's driver page (ASRock > B250M Pro4).
    I also have the Logitech SetPoint software installed.

My build: Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core, 200R ATX Mid Tower - 550 build - 's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

:)

concord72, Feb 4, 2017
  2. skip3119 Win User

Logitech mouse M510 not working with Windows 10.

I just bought a Logitech MK550 Combo: Logitech K350 wireless keyboard + Logitech M510 wireless mouse.

The wireless keyboard works, but the wireless mouse does not.

(Win 10) In the Device Manager section (mice), I can see the entry "Logitech HID - Compliant Unifying mouse."

When clicking on the properties, it says "The device is working properly."

Actually the device (wireless mouse) is NOT working - when I move the mouse, the mouse pointer does not move.

Weird stuff, isn't it?

Any help? Thanks.

skip3119, Feb 4, 2017
  3. Microsoft wireless keyboard & mouse

Hello. I've been using Microsoft's wireless keyboard & mouse since March,2013. My keyboard is still running on the same batteries which I inserted right after I bought it but I suffered a lot with the mouse. Whenever I changed the exhausted batteries with
    new ones, they just longed maximum for a month or two. I always switch off the mouse after every use but in spite of that, it's happening. Is it normal ? How is it possible that the keyboard has not required new cells but I had to change batteries for the
    mouse several times in past three years ?!!! Not only that. The on-off switch isn't working properly also but that's a different point.

Another thing I would like to know. Can rechargeable batteries (like Nickel-Cadmium or Nickel-Metal Hydride) be used in Microsoft's wireless keyboard & mouse ? Please let me know.

Samarjit Sinha, Feb 4, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Do you have a second mouse (non-Logitech) you can use? If so, you can try it and see if it's any better. But the main thing is you can use it when you uninstall the mouse driver for the Logitech in Device Manager (and tell it to delete the driver files, too). Then reboot, and before Windows 10 gets going unplug the other mouse and plug the Logitech in. It should download fresh drivers when it finishes booting up. That may help things, if you're lucky. If that doesn't work post again here and we'll think of something else.
    Thanks!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 4, 2017
  5. bobkn Win User
    The mouse uses a USB receiver.*WiFi and Bluetooth should be irrelevant. (That assumes that you have no 2.4 GHz WiFi or Bluetooth sources near the receiver. All three operate at 2.4 GHz. Interference shouldn't happen, but I have seen it, I believe.)

I believe that you don't need the Setpoint drivers for the basic*functions of the mouse.

What USB port do you have the receiver plugged into? If it's one of the fronts, try one of the ones in the rear (I/O panel). I have had trouble with some of the front USB ports on my system; I'm not sure that they use the Intel controller.

Good luck.

bobkn, Feb 4, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    Have you checked the battery voltage is OK?

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wireless mouse isn't working properly with new, first ever build? - Similar Threads - Wireless mouse isn't

2. Mouse click isn't working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse click isn't working properly: I have a Lenovo Legion 5 amd ryzen 7 with Windows 11 home updated, external mouse click and TouchPad click stops working randomly I have to either click several times for an action or use the keyboard arrows and enter on stuff. It's really annoying since this laptop barely...
  3. Mouse click isn't working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse click isn't working properly: I have a Lenovo Legion 5 amd ryzen 7 with Windows 11 home updated, external mouse click and TouchPad click stops working randomly I have to either click several times for an action or use the keyboard arrows and enter on stuff. It's really annoying since this laptop barely...
  4. New wireless mouse is not working on the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New wireless mouse is not working on the computer: Have a new wireless mouse but it won't work on my computer. It supposed to work right away when I plug the wireless port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-wireless-mouse-is-not-working-on-the-computer/f2f8aad3-67aa-4738-8015-b5a255b8088a
  5. New wireless mouse is not working on the computer

New wireless mouse is not working on the computer: Have a new wireless mouse but it won't work on my computer. It supposed to work right away when I plug the wireless port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-wireless-mouse-is-not-working-on-the-computer/f2f8aad3-67aa-4738-8015-b5a255b8088a
  6. New wireless mouse is not working on the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. New wireless mouse not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New wireless mouse not working: Pls help my mouse worked when it was bought then in a phew months or weeks its not working anymore pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-wireless-mouse-not-working/68ade01e-d900-4643-a90c-87d7d6a8bdfe
  8. New wireless mouse not working

New wireless mouse not working: Pls help my mouse worked when it was bought then in a phew months or weeks its not working anymore pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-wireless-mouse-not-working/68ade01e-d900-4643-a90c-87d7d6a8bdfe
  9. Wireless keyboard and mouse set not working properly

Wireless keyboard and mouse set not working properly: Hello,I recently bought a set of wireless keyboard 3050 and mouse.Recently it stopped working properly and disrupts the work.for example: while typing, the cursor suddenly jumps to the beginning of the lineor when double clicking with the mouse on a line for example opening a...
  10. New bought mouse not working properly

New bought mouse not working properly: Hello, yesterday i bought a new mouse for my laptop Lenovo / IBM Lenovo V Laptop Series V110 Laptop PC series from a local store Trust GXT 783. After plugging it into the USB Port it began to install. The pointer of the mouse wont move even though i can use every other...