Windows 10: Wireless Network 802.11 GPO - Windows failed to apply Wireless Setting

Discus and support Wireless Network 802.11 GPO - Windows failed to apply Wireless Setting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've created a GPO which is supposed to apply specific wireless network settings. Here is what the settings are supposed to do. Enable SSO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xerxes2985, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Wireless Network 802.11 GPO - Windows failed to apply Wireless Setting

I've created a GPO which is supposed to apply specific wireless network settings. Here is what the settings are supposed to do.

Enable SSO
    Automatically use my windows credentials to connect..
    Connect to the WiFi before login with a 20 second delay (waiting for network)
    Uses MSChapV2-PEAP as encryption method
    uses radius also

This works fine and applies with no issues to a Windows 7 Enterprise machine, however on Windows 10 Enterprise the following occurs.

"Windows failed to apply the Wireless Group Policy settings." Wireless Group Policy settings might have its own log file. Please click on the "more information" link.

So.. the more information link in event viewer doesn't provide any solution or actually any useful information.

Any thoughts?

:)

xerxes2985, Feb 27, 2017

2. Internet connectivity slow after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

These resolved my issue. Finally...

Open settings > search 'network adapter' > choose device manager > choose network adapters > choose the one you're using (for me it was Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11 PCI-E NIC) > click on the advanced tab > click on wireless mode > change 'Auto'
    to IEEE 802.11 b/g

Go to Activity Center (Windows Key + A) and turn off "Location".

JHooper10367, Feb 27, 2017
  3. Home WiFi Lumia 650

I'm not entirely sure I had the same problem... But switch the wireless protocol on your router to 802.11/g. The 650 has trouble with 'Wireless N' networks.

ParkerSakatch, Feb 27, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Wireless Network 802.11 GPO - Windows failed to apply Wireless Setting

Did you make sure that the Domain Server is set up properly to allow that machine on the network. You may want to go back and review your policies and scripts on the server.

bro67, Feb 28, 2017
Thema:

Wireless Network 802.11 GPO - Windows failed to apply Wireless Setting

1. Wireless Network 802.11 GPO - Windows failed to apply Wireless Setting - Similar Threads - Wireless Network 802

2. Windows 11 wireless network error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wireless network error: 110042023-12-12T21:57:17[\u2012] The wireless security function has been discontinued.Network Adapter: Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless AdapterInterface GUID: {04e5a6df-7921-4b6f-95de-149e0f0b9d6b}Local MAC address: 5C:BA:EF:5F:08:Network SSID: CU_SeNJBSS Type:...
  3. Windows 11 wireless network error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 wireless network error: 110042023-12-12T21:57:17[\u2012] The wireless security function has been discontinued.Network Adapter: Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless AdapterInterface GUID: {04e5a6df-7921-4b6f-95de-149e0f0b9d6b}Local MAC address: 5C:BA:EF:5F:08:Network SSID: CU_SeNJBSS Type:...
  4. Windows 11 GPO is not applied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 GPO is not applied: Hello We have GPO applied on our computers, and we have one computer that is windows 11, and the GPO is not applying to this computer same as the others,Can you advise what can I do?the setting I'm trying to set is in the picture...
  5. Windows 11 GPO is not applied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 GPO is not applied: Hello We have GPO applied on our computers, and we have one computer that is windows 11, and the GPO is not applying to this computer same as the others,Can you advise what can I do?the setting I'm trying to set is in the picture...
  6. Wireless Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Networks: Upgraded my HP Omni Pro 110 from Window 7 to Windows 10. This PC has no built-in wireless network adapter so I use Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band USB adapter. After upgrade my PC no longer finds any wireless networks even though many are in the area. I don’t have WiFi so I...
  7. wireless network

wireless network: On first booting up my new windows PC it has connected to the Internet without asking for my Wireless Password Key. How can this be. I cannot find how to add in the key so I am worried about how I am connected and want to ensure that I am only logging on with WiFi I trust....
  8. wireless network .........

wireless network .........: newbie here. I just took the free Windows 10 upgrade on one of my PC's, and most everything went well. Almost most of my software still works, and there were no hardware issues from the upgrade. I'm on a wireless network, and can access all the other Win7 systems and the...
  9. Wireless network failed

Wireless network failed: Hello everyone. I got in trouble now. Firstly I found I cannot open start menu with clicking the icon nor pressing win key. Since I can shutdown pc with cmd so I didn't care. Then I found I cannot connect to WiFi.The WiFi around won't be shown on the tab.And I cannot...
  10. Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter

Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter: hi, My asus t200 transformer book has the Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter. Recently, my PC started having serious issues with connecting to public wifi. Everytime I try, my PC says my wireless adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related issues, and...