Windows 10: Wireless network drops intermittently, needs reset to reconnect

Discus and support Wireless network drops intermittently, needs reset to reconnect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Asus Zenbook, 16GB RAM, Intel i7, Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver version 7.35.317.3. The wifi drops randomly, even when I'm in the middle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kunalashar, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Wireless network drops intermittently, needs reset to reconnect

Asus Zenbook, 16GB RAM, Intel i7, Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver version 7.35.317.3.

The wifi drops randomly, even when I'm in the middle of using the laptop (it's not idle, sleeping or hibernating). The wifi doesn't re-connect until I disable/re-enable it. All other devices connected to the wifi (phones, other laptops) work well, and do not drop wifi. This happens on all types of wifi - open, secured, 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz. Windows updates are the latest, driver is the latest. Adapter power management is turned off.

Are there any suggestions? Anyone who can point me in the right direction?
    Thanks in advance.

:)

kunalashar, Jul 19, 2017

2. Windows 10 Enterprise Ethernet Connection Drops?

I just installed and plugged in a new Windows 10 Enterprise HP box into our network and it is intermittently dropping and reconnecting the Ethernet connection. It is not reliable.

Suggestions?

hector santos, Jul 19, 2017
  3. Leo__801 Win User
    Several Internet Problems

Update: The network will intermittently drop as described when I'm on wired or wireless internet. It usually happens shortly after I wake my computer from sleep mode.

Leo__801, Jul 19, 2017
  4. Wireless network drops intermittently, needs reset to reconnect

Hi kunalashar.

Lots of postings on this subject.

What version build of Windows are you rumning.

Windows key + R, winver, enter

If you are on a very recent release of 1703 go into device manager, select your adapter, click on the power management tab and enable "Allow computer to power device down". Sounds crazy as it use to be that the first thing you would do is disable.

If yours is already enable, then try disable.

Other causes of this condition are new networks in your area causing interference, a new device, like a cordless phone base,
    other interference and I find the most common, wrong driver. By wrong driver I mean a driver that is to new. IPv6 can also play into this.

If the power management trick doesn't work please go to manufactures site and get the driver they recommend. Since you know driver number currently installed check after you install old driver. If this works then you have to tell windows to lay off the driver updates.

Post back your findings.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 21, 2017
  5. Thanks Ken.
    I'm on the latest version/update of Windows 10.
    I've tried all of these suggestions, including power management on/off, driver updates and downgrades, and interference.
    I'm pretty certain that this started after the relatively recent Windows 10 Creators Update.

kunalashar, Jul 22, 2017
  6. Okay.

Lets try disabling IPv6 as a a test.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...nts-in-windows

Then if that doesn't work. To a command prompt(admin)

Netsh wlan show all

(produces report on wireless. Once output is produced, click in command window, then Crtl + A, then open Notepad and Crtl + C to paste. Save and close text file. Post text file.)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 22, 2017
  7. yeah, I'm having the same problem, so I;m just getting ready to go back to windows 7, I'm just ****ing tire of this shit, can't find a usb wifi adapter that actually supports windows 10

Christoph34, Jul 22, 2017
  8. Samuria Win User

Wireless network drops intermittently, needs reset to reconnect

Have you tried changing the channel on the router?

Samuria, Jul 22, 2017
  9. kunalashar, Jul 29, 2017
  10. Hi.

Have at look at my posting number #4 regarding running netsh command. Thanks

Caledon Ken, Jul 29, 2017
  11. I've attached the text file. Thank you for your help, Ken.

kunalashar, Jul 29, 2017
  12. No, because my 3 other laptops, 3 smartphones and 1 tablet have no problems with the WiFi.
    Laptop 1: Windows 10, Asus Zenbook - *Has the problem*

Laptop 2: Macbook Air, Sierra - No problem with the WiFI.
    Laptop 3: Macbook Pro, Sierra - No problem with the WiFI.
    Laptop 4: Windows 7, Dell - No problem with the WiFI.
    Smartphones 1-3, Android 7.x - No problem with the WiFI.
    Smartphones 4,5, iPhone 7 - No problem with the WiFI.
    Amazon Kindle Fire - No problem with the WiFI.

kunalashar, Jul 29, 2017
  13. Wireless network drops intermittently, needs reset to reconnect

14. Went looking for Zenbook on Asus forum. Could you supply model number please.

Thanks

15. Can't explain why but there is an opportunity for interference. There are three networks I see that are all using channel 11, yours and two others. Why this may be impacting your Zenbook and not other devices is up for debate. I would simply change to channel 8 and test.

Please post model number of Zenbook. Thanks

Thema:

Wireless network drops intermittently, needs reset to reconnect

1. Wireless network drops intermittently, needs reset to reconnect - Similar Threads - Wireless network drops

2. Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter: Hi all,I have 5G internet connection Norway throguh the mobiel network, coming in through a special antenna that connects to the router. On advice of the installer Telenor we use Wifi rather than cable. Internet runs smoothly on all machines iPhone, Samsung phone, iPad,...
  3. Intermittent network drops

Intermittent network drops: I have a nine month old Windows 10 notebook from HP. It has a network problem. I am still under warranty. Periodically and intermittently, it slows to a crawl. This happens especially immediately after I switch from Ethernet to WiFi, but also happens with Ethernet. Pages...
  4. need to constantly reset wireless network adapter

need to constantly reset wireless network adapter: I have to keep resetting my wireless network adapter. Just started happening out of the blue. Connection drops every few minutes. Are there any solutions?...
  5. Constantly need to "reset wireless network adapter"

Constantly need to "reset wireless network adapter": Product: Hp Pavilion dv6 6b64ex Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit WiFi Driver : IntelR CentrinoR Wireless-N 1030 Problem: Whenever i start my laptop, the internet doesn't work. Laptop is connected to the router but it says "No Internet". Whereas, all other...
  6. Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter

Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter: So, within the past 2 weeks my Lenovo laptop has developed a case of constantly needing to reset the wi-fi adapter. I've searched various help forums and have already: Confirmed my drivers are up to date Changed my power management settings Confirmed my wi-fi autoconfig...
  7. Intermittent Wireless Network/Internet disconnects

Intermittent Wireless Network/Internet disconnects: Hi, I have a HP 15 Notebook PC running Windows 10 Home. My ISP is Frontier and I connect with a Netgear D2200D modem/router. For quite a while now, I have had problems connecting to the internet and to the network itself, but my husband's tablet has no connection...
  8. PC drops Dropping Network and won't reconnect

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC drops Dropping Network and won't reconnect: My laptop drops the full bars WIFI signal and won't reconnect until I reboot. I am using Windows 10. The troubleshooter states there is a network cable unplugged. I am using WIFI???...
  9. Windows 10 intermittently dropping wireless 5ghz

Windows 10 intermittently dropping wireless 5ghz: Hello, I have a Netgear N600 dual band wireless router at home. On my PC I'm using a Belkin N600 dual band USB adapter for wireless internet. As you know, my router broadcasts both a 2.4g and 5g connection; I'll refer to them as NETGEAR and NETGEAR-5G. I recently had to...
  10. Intermittent Network Resetting on Windows 2016

Intermittent Network Resetting on Windows 2016: Hi, Does anyone has a resolution on this Error below? Reference is Event 10400 NDIS The network interface "vmxnet3 Ethernet Adapter" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ndis 10400 windows 10

2. Error Code 10400 NDIS Internet keeps dropping

3. 10400 ndis reset