Windows 10: Wireless network failed

Discus and support Wireless network failed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I got in trouble now. Firstly I found I cannot open start menu with clicking the icon nor pressing win key. Since I can shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RochustCN, Mar 4, 2017.

1. RochustCN Win User

Wireless network failed

Hello everyone.

I got in trouble now.

Firstly I found I cannot open start menu with clicking the icon nor pressing win key. Since I can shutdown pc with cmd so I didn't care.

Then I found I cannot connect to WiFi.The WiFi around won't be shown on the tab.And I cannot open the action center neither.I managed to reach the setting of wireless network by entering Control Panel, going to "Network"option and clicking "Connect VPN",and toggling to wireless network card.There was no available WiFi shown though I have many WiFi hostspots here.

My windows version is 14393.I have installed it before,and met such question.But after a restart it come to work.

I have checked the drive and it shows good.

Wireless network failed [​IMG]

It means good.

Also I check the system

This is Chinese and it says no difference and no error.

Yeah,I have installed VM.I installed Kaspersky as anti-virus software.
    Emm,I have moved the user folder to disk E while I installed this time.

I am really puzzled and would you like to help me?
    ============================update==============================

I may find the cause of the bug.

According to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

this represents "The task has not yet run."

Any help would be appreciated.

I shall try this first

:)

RochustCN, Mar 4, 2017

2. Windows 10 Update 06/19/2017

Hi Sonja,

The issue could be due to drivers that needs to be updated after the Windows update. To provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please provide the following information:

• Are you just having connection issues via wireless, or even hardwired?
    • Is your wireless network visible when you check for network connections and just fails to connect, or are you not seeing any wireless connections at all?
    • If wireless connection is visible, are you getting any error messages when you fail to connect?

Regards.

Arthur Rui, Mar 4, 2017
  3. tikoracer Win User
    Nokia E70 Wi-Fi Issues

I'm having problems connecting to any wireless network after upgrading the firmware to the 2.0618.07.10 version.

My E70 can find and detects any SSID, but when I choose and try to connect to any of them it fails, I can't connect to any wireless network.

It doesn't matter if the network has Security or not, it is the same thing, cannot establish the connection to wireless network.

It keeps waiting to connect but never establish the connection between the phone and the wireless network.

Is there a way to fix this problem???

Thanks,

Ka.

tikoracer, Mar 4, 2017
  4. Wireless network failed

Hi RochustCN

This looks like a very old adapter, last updates on Intel's site is for XP in 2012. You may find upgrading the Wireless Adapter in your machine or buying a USB Wireless dongle will provide you with improved stability and speed.

If you wish to attempt fixing I would create a restore point.

I would start with reset your Network within Windows 10. Click Start => Settings => Network and Internet. Bottom of right hand window, Reset Network. This will cause you to loose all wireless passwords.

I would then power down router, wait 20 seconds and power on.

In the advance settings of your power plan I would go to the Wireless adapter settings for battery and plugged in and ensure they are set to maximum.

Then open Device manager, find your wireless adapter, right click, then properties. If there is a power management tab remove the check mark that allows computer to power this device down to save power.

Some people have found disable IPv6 helps. Here is a link to a Microsoft site. Use left most option. You can see it can be enabled just as easily.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...nts-in-windows

You may also want to see the networks around you to see if a new one is now causing interference. Ideally you want your network to use a channel that no one else is using. That isn't that realistic. As such pick one where the other networks are weakest.

inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 Download - TechSpot

Depending on how far away you are from router you will get better signal with the 2.4Ghz network or better speed with the 5. Pick 2.4 for stability. You also don't want to be using WEP security protocol.

You may also shut off WifiSense and the other option below it for connect to opening networks. Click Start => Settings => Network and Internet => Wifi. Then in window on right scroll down to WifiSense and shut it off as well as the two options below it.

Also watch router placement. It should be in the clear and should not be located near devices that create electrical interference / noise. (Cordless phones, Microwaves, transformers)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 5, 2017
  5. RochustCN Win User
    Yeah,thank you.I can use WiFi before this time though my network adapter is so old.I suspect that it is a system problem.The drive is OK and the device manager is OK too.When I click the option on wireless setting card,the "show available networks" doesn't respond.

[youtube]xm-1wF8Ircs[/youtube]

Someone suggested that I should reinstall system,but I won't.I feel really tied of win 10.I could not use wireless in previous installation properly------at the first boot time the wireless network adapter must be unavailable,and the restart makes it proper.I feel really really tied.

RochustCN, Mar 7, 2017
  6. The simplest and cheapest thing to do is buy a wireless dongle.

Newer technology, better speeds and current support. Some are quite small and very effective.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 7, 2017
  7. RochustCN Win User
    I have updated:the WiFiTask has not yet run.

How could you confirm that wireless adapter failed?

RochustCN, Mar 9, 2017
  8. Wireless network failed

Interesting question as we seem to be dealing with more of a software failure and I use the term "software" very loosely.

If you run that inSSider tool I provided link to and it runs solid, that is it shows you your networks and others around you, you could have some confidence that the adapter is working. However as this is drivers and protocols being used between laptop and router the tool won't show you what is going wrong. There are tools for that but as you can't modify drivers easily you are just spinning your wheels.

One other thing you could do to prove system. Download and burn a cd with Ubuntu on it. When you use the cd do not install it to your hard drive. It has an option to test drive Ubuntu from CD. It is pretty robust and will likely install everything you need to to test drive. It comes with Firefox. You could do some surfing. I'm very sure Wifi will operate very well. This would confirm it is a Windows "software" issue. If Ubuntu doesn't work either it would confirm adapter is shot.

Please don't install Ubuntu as it will modify your boot records, just test drive.

If machine is just for surfing and you like Firefox or Chrome, Ubuntu is free. It is quite easy to use and could be installed permanently.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 9, 2017
  9. RochustCN Win User
    Well,I'm really grateful for your support.

It's proved the wireless network adapter is OK.

It costed me two days to repair the registry which was broken by following the solution I mentioned.It always informs me that "Not all data was successfully written to the registry. some keys are open by the system or other process, or you have insufficient privileges to perform this operation."

when I googled it ,I could find none but repair installation.Someone says I may edit the registry by PE.

When I tried safe mode and wanted to add key,I was mentioned with "you do not have permission to create a new key".When I googled this sentence,I find answer.

Today I repaired it and someone advised me to create a administrator user and try it.When I log in using this account,WiFi is available.I still don't know the bug.

Thank you again.

RochustCN, Mar 12, 2017
  10. Depending on how much software and customizations you've done it may be easier to do a Clean install.

This would give you a new registry and should resolve your start menu issues. So people dread a clean install due to customizations, licensing keys etc.

Should you decide to perform there is a solid tutorial on it.

Clean Install Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 12, 2017
  11. RochustCN Win User
    Yeah,it's easy to reinstall to solve it.As early as this bug occurred,I have been advised to reinstall system.But if we deal all the system problem with re-installation,how can we improve our skills ?

As you know,the windows 10 is not stable as its previous versions like XP & windows 7,I can hardly capture a healthy image ------I am not sure whether it is good enough.

Thank you,Ken.

RochustCN, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wireless network failed

1. Wireless network failed - Similar Threads - Wireless network failed

2. wireless network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless network: Can you provide a step by step instructions for networking two Windows 10 computers in the same office wirelessly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-network/fa6663b5-a300-471b-83dc-74181ba1338b
  3. wireless network

wireless network: whenever i try to connect to a wifi it shows that a network cable is broken or unplugged but i have never used a network cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-network/8e270fd4-3fe2-4f8e-a647-7c5f13f85899
  4. Wireless Networks

Wireless Networks: Upgraded my HP Omni Pro 110 from Window 7 to Windows 10. This PC has no built-in wireless network adapter so I use Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band USB adapter. After upgrade my PC no longer finds any wireless networks even though many are in the area. I don’t have WiFi so I...
  5. Wireless Network

Wireless Network: Hi, please i need help with my Asus laptop operating on Windows 10. The whole problem started last week. My wifi keep getting missing all the time. At times it will come up by itself after rebooting. I find it quite annoying to reboot my PC all the time, with the hope...
  6. wireless networks

wireless networks: On Windows 120 how do I turn on network discovery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wireless-networks/83cf3460-39fa-497b-bee7-672dac8287e4
  7. wireless network

wireless network: On first booting up my new windows PC it has connected to the Internet without asking for my Wireless Password Key. How can this be. I cannot find how to add in the key so I am worried about how I am connected and want to ensure that I am only logging on with WiFi I trust....
  8. Wireless Network 802.11 GPO - Windows failed to apply Wireless Setting

Wireless Network 802.11 GPO - Windows failed to apply Wireless Setting: I've created a GPO which is supposed to apply specific wireless network settings. Here is what the settings are supposed to do. Enable SSO Automatically use my windows credentials to connect.. Connect to the WiFi before login with a 20 second delay (waiting for network)...
  9. wireless network .........

wireless network .........: newbie here. I just took the free Windows 10 upgrade on one of my PC's, and most everything went well. Almost most of my software still works, and there were no hardware issues from the upgrade. I'm on a wireless network, and can access all the other Win7 systems and the...
  10. Failing to Add Network Printers/Domain on Wireless Connection

Failing to Add Network Printers/Domain on Wireless Connection: If the PC is connected via Ethernet and I go to settings->Devices->Add a printer or scanner, it shows all the network printers attached to one of our servers as well as actual printer host names. I normally add via the server attached printers. I am trying to use a TP-Link...