Windows 10: Wireless network icon showing when I don't have a wireless card

Discus and support Wireless network icon showing when I don't have a wireless card in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I migrated my installation from my laptop so save reinstalling a million apps again. All went as well as can be expected. One thing I haven't been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tonydav67, Nov 30, 2016.

1. tonydav67 Win User

Wireless network icon showing when I don't have a wireless card

I migrated my installation from my laptop so save reinstalling a million apps again. All went as well as can be expected.

One thing I haven't been able to sort is that I have the "airplane" icon in the notification area and my desktop doesn't actually have a wireless card. If I move the mouse over the icon I get a message "wireless communications turned off".

Is it possible to change this back to the standard network icon?

:)

tonydav67, Nov 30, 2016

2. Windows 10 Wireless Adapter's not working

Hello, I just updated to Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1 and am having a problem with my wireless connection. Before the update, my wireless cards (Intel Wireless-N 7260) and Intel N-6250). When I go to the Network and Sharing selection, it indicates
    that I have no network connections. The wired connection works from the machine N-6250 machine but not wireless. I donot see the wireless icon at all. Device Manager shows under Network Adapter, the cards and they are working properly. This is the same
    for my Bluetooth connection too. Under Devices, nothing show's. This is a major issue.

ClaudePhipps, Nov 30, 2016
  3. ShakibMlv Win User
    Incorrect wifi range icon

Hi

On windows 10 version 1607, when I am connected to a wireless network, the wifi icon in tray menu always shows the full range, EVEN IF IT IS NOT, because when I click on the icon, the wireless network list shows anything but the full range.

The problem occurs on any wireless network I have tried so far.

Can you help me on this?

ShakibMlv, Nov 30, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Wireless network icon showing when I don't have a wireless card [​IMG]

Wireless network icon showing when I don't have a wireless card [​IMG]

If you have those options in Settings, would seem possible.

dalchina, Nov 30, 2016
  5. tonydav67 Win User
    I've checked and I don't have wireless in the quick icons area. Noticed it's in the "get notifications from these senders" and clicked off but this hasn't made a difference.

tonydav67, Nov 30, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    And presumably the Action Centre shows nothing for Wifi?

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wireless network icon showing when I don't have a wireless card - Similar Threads - Wireless network icon

2. Wireless Networks have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Networks have disappeared: Yesterday, October 5, 2022, my desktop Dell, Inspiron 3475 AIO running Windows 10 Home suddenly forgot that wireless networks are a thing that exist. I returned to my computer after a meeting and it was off. When I rebooted it, the only options for connecting to a network...
  3. Wireless Networks have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Networks have disappeared: Yesterday, October 5, 2022, my desktop Dell, Inspiron 3475 AIO running Windows 10 Home suddenly forgot that wireless networks are a thing that exist. I returned to my computer after a meeting and it was off. When I rebooted it, the only options for connecting to a network...
  4. Wireless Networks have disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Question on Wireless Network Cards?

Question on Wireless Network Cards?: My Comcast Gateway (XB7) supports wireless AX, i bought a sorta cheap Wireless AC card when i picked up my new custom built Windows 10 Computer, ((Specs in signature, Desktop--I7 10700) Anyways i got another card on the way, which support Wireless AX. Would it be too much...
  6. To Show Hidden Wireless Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    To Show Hidden Wireless Network: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedAlae [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/heen8q/to_show_hidden_wireless_network/
  7. I have a problem with Wireless Networks

I have a problem with Wireless Networks: [ATTACH] This problem came after my Windows 10 was updated, the Wireless Network shows the message "No Internet, Secured" but I can still use the network to browse except to open applications from Microsoft such as Microsoft Edge and so on. The message that is written when I...
  8. wireless network not showing

wireless network not showing: I have an older HP laptop which is running windows 10. I am trying to set it up for my kids to use. The wireless internet option is no longer showing only the ethernet option. I don't know why it isn't showing anymore, and I don't seem to be able to add it back in. Can...
  9. Wireless network not showing up.

Wireless network not showing up.: Okay so, when I click on the network button there is no networks showing up. Does it have anything to do with the "drives"? Also there is a orange light coming from the "Airplane Mode" button but its not on...hope you can help...
  10. not showing wireless lan card

not showing wireless lan card: my hp desktop has stopped showing the ralink 802.11 lan card in the device manager. I tried installing a linksys wireless-ac usb adapter but it won`t install properly...