Windows 10: Wireless not working in safe mode in Some windows 10 systems

Discus and support Wireless not working in safe mode in Some windows 10 systems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I work as a tech support exec, (yeah tech support needs tech support *Cool) Most of the time we need to boot in safe mode with Networking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by manish9009, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Wireless not working in safe mode in Some windows 10 systems

Hi All,

I work as a tech support exec, (yeah tech support needs tech support *Cool)

Most of the time we need to boot in safe mode with Networking to fix some of the issues.
    In some of the windows 10 computers wireless not working in safe mode with Networking

For an example my dell 5547. Has a wireless card, Intel Ac-3160 works fine in normal mode,
    But in safe mode it refuses to detect any Network,
    I am seeing similar behavior in some other models too in windows 10

any one faced same issues or have a solution ... I will be thankful

(edit)
    Wired Networking (ethernet) is working.
    Only wireless is not working

:)

manish9009, Aug 24, 2015

2. Why wireless wont work in safe mode,

Hello All.

I am the sys admin .. for an IT firm.

Some of My work related software are needed to run in safe mode.

There is a wiered behavior I am looking in safe mode with Networking after upgrading to windows 10.

Most of the computers which we have dont show connectivity in safe mode with Networking,

One of the examples is the Computer I am using right now,

Dell 5547..

Wireless card AC3160.

I have tried updating the drivers, changing channels.

I am quite confused why this is happening, as some of the computers are showing wireless connectivity in windows 10 even in safe mode.

Any help would be highly appriciated,

(edit) wired Networking is working.

Only wireless doesnt work, same is happening with 20 different laptop models

Manish9009, Aug 24, 2015
  3. APG6 Win User
    cannot get wi-fi network connectivity in safe mode on windows 10

Thanks, Cmdr, for taking the time to respond. Unfortunately, however, this is one of those times. Wireless not working in safe mode in Some windows 10 systems :)

Although this did not work for me, I have seen dozens of people who posted that they've resolved this issue as Jeffrey did on this page: Safe Mode with Networking Windows 10--no connection

Also, a few posts show up with Techonezero's solution, detailed on this page: Wireless not working in safe mode in Some windows 10 systems Solved - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Both of these provide another way to connect to an existing wi-fi adapter. My adapter is recognized in Normal Mode, but when I try to enable my adapter in Safe Mode, I get a popup message, "There is no wireless interface on the system." That is, it thinks
    my wi-fi adapter doesn't exist. This leads me to believe that when HP & Realtek (the adapter manufacturer) released the Windows 10 adapter driver, they did not take Safe Mode into account. It worked in Safe Mode in Windows 8.1. For now, I'll have to live with
    safe mode with internet via ethernet.

4. Wireless not working in safe mode in Some windows 10 systems

Any errors in your system logs for your wireless adapter when in safe mode?

sciencegeek, Aug 24, 2015
  5. nopes doesnt show anything...wireless card showing in device manager
    WLAN auto config service is running.

manish9009, Aug 26, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    Safe mode is not really meant to do anything from the network. It is a minimal process login, so that you can troubleshoot problems on the machine at the machine.

bro67, Aug 27, 2015
  7. I know that Bro.. Safe mode only starts important Microsoft services and nothing else.
    I have using safe mode since the time of xp..
    After Vista they started supporting wireless in safe mode with networking.
    But in windows 10 in some (not all) computers the wireless is not functioning properly.. I posted the same in microsoft forum.. No answer from them yet

manish9009, Aug 28, 2015
  8. bro67 Win User

Wireless not working in safe mode in Some windows 10 systems

Again you cannot and have never been able to do any type of remote access into a Windows Computer that is booted up into Safe Mode with Networking. As I stated before, it is a limited boot mode, so that you can do troubleshooting, etc. while you are physically at the machine.

bro67, Aug 28, 2015
  9. Rohn123 Win User
    Hi:

Try this method it works for me. Before you log into safe mode with networking click CRTL ALT Del to get into task manager and choose lock. You will then see the wireless option bottom right in task bar. Click and connect. Then continue to log into Windows 10 safe mode.

Rohn123, Aug 28, 2015
  10. No wrong.. again..
    You can take remote access.. in safe mode as well..
    consoles like team viewer .. gotoassist give you options to reboot in safe mode with networking and reconnect

manish9009, Aug 28, 2015
  11. Nopes didnt work...

manish9009, Aug 28, 2015
  12. There might be some reason..
    cause wwan autoconfig is running .. so there gotta be wireless.

did some more research.. installed windows 8.1 in same computer (dualboot) in windows 8.1 wireless works in safe mode with same drivers

manish9009, Aug 28, 2015
  13. Rohn123 Win User

Hi:

Try this method it works for me. Before you log into safe mode with networking click CRTL ALT Del to get into task manager and choose lock. You will then see the wireless option bottom right in task bar. Click and connect. Then continue to log into Windows 10 safe mode.

Rohn123, Aug 28, 2015
  14. Sorry it Did work..
    Thanks a lot .. Though still an unresolved mystry why It cant connect once we are logged in and we have to do this..
    I am facing a lot of issues with my customers... having windows 10

manish9009, Jan 21, 2016
  15. Hello what has been working for me is using this command in a batch file. Netsh wlan connect name="SSID" - Quotes are needed and SSID is the persons wireless name it is case sensitive. *Smile Basically what I do with my customers because I work remotely with them is setup a batch file with just that command and Pause at the bottom of the command so they can read the results to me. Once they log into safe mode they click on the file normally for me named "click on me when in safe mode" and it works 100% of the time unless the customers installation of windows 10 is completely done in.

If someone has a way to automate the command to run in safe mode I would love to hear about it. As I have not yet found a way! Simply adding the batch file in the startup folder of course wont work:

Wireless not working in safe mode in Some windows 10 systems [​IMG]

Wont show that you are connected because the UI is disabled but you will actually be connected.

Techonezero, Jun 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Wireless not working in safe mode in Some windows 10 systems - Similar Threads - Wireless working safe

2. Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10: Today I installed some software that changed some cosmetic settings in Windows like colors, taskbar look, etc. and it was working fine for a while, but when I wanted to uninstall it, the program bugged out my taskbar and start menu. I wasn't sure what to do as there was...
  3. Safe Mode not working

Safe Mode not working: So I decided to uninstall my graphic driver today. That required me to boot into Safe Mode so that is what I've done. But my PC won't open when I restart into Safe Mode but it shutdown. I turned it on again, tried it a few more times but it still shut down by itself. Then I...
  4. Windows Safe Mode Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Safe Mode Not Working: Hello all,I recently had a friend help build a gaming PC for myself: Ryzen 9 5900 CPU and Radeon 6800xt GPU. Everything was working fine until last night when I was playing World of Warcraft. Windows encountered an error and had to restart but when it did I got the white...
  5. Windows Safe Mode Not Working

Windows Safe Mode Not Working: Hello all,I recently had a friend help build a gaming PC for myself: Ryzen 9 5900 CPU and Radeon 6800xt GPU. Everything was working fine until last night when I was playing World of Warcraft. Windows encountered an error and had to restart but when it did I got the white...
  6. Windows Safe Mode Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode: Hello, Recently, my PC has been randomly crashing no pattern to when it crashes, typically 0-60 seconds after logging in, sometimes not for hours, no blue screen or error codes, the monitor just says its disconnected and the computer is unresponsive. I have tried seemingly...
  8. Windows 10 System restore with not work even in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 System restore with not work even in Safe mode: Windows 10 System restore with not work even in Safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-system-restore-with-not-work-even-in/4dd00f2d-c54f-4152-bf55-ad00cc01278f
  9. Safe mode, not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode, not working.: I am using w10 x64 version 1803.I do not know why, but I find I can not access safe mode anymore, at "msconfig", the "Boot" options tab does not work, "Shift" during shutdown, there is no option to "safe mode". The code in cmd also does not work, it informs not find the...
  10. System Restore in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore in Safe Mode: Hi all, Okay, this is the first time I ran System Restore and not sure if it worked or not. I had an incompatibility issue with the system and figured I'll revert back to a previous configuration that worked. Using the regular method always gave an error and saying...