Windows 10: Wireless Printer Will Not Duplex Print

Discus and support Wireless Printer Will Not Duplex Print in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not sure this is a Windows problem. It may be an HP problem but I've not been able to get a solution on their forum so here goes a try on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JJG10, Jul 22, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Wireless Printer Will Not Duplex Print

I'm not sure this is a Windows problem. It may be an HP problem but I've not been able to get a solution on their forum so here goes a try on this forum

My HP Envy 4520 wireless network printer will not duplex print when installed on my HP Pavilion Notebook. The printer will not give me the ability to duplex print automatically. Printer preferences shows only 2 sided manually and that requires me to manually remove paper, turn it around and insert it in the printer. A pain in the neck for I do a lot of multi-page printing.

Wireless Printer Will Not Duplex Print [​IMG]

I will really appreciate help.

Oh, by the way the printer works fine on my Del Desktop.

Thank you very much.

:)

JJG10, Jul 22, 2017
  2. bk-pm Win User

Duplex setting on printer not persistent

The reply is not responsive to my question. The printer works, and I can get it to print duplex, but I have to reset the printer to duplex printing (in the customize printer-device settings screen)
    every time I want to print duplex. It reverts to 1 sided printing; how can I get duplex printing to be persistent??

bk-pm, Jul 22, 2017
  3. brittjw4 Win User
    pdf double sided printing windows 10

I know how to print duplex (double sided) but since I've been using windows 10 I cannot print double sided. My printer is capable of printing duplex but it is not even an option on my printer preferences. I read somewhere to uninstall the printer and reinstall
    it. That did not work. Please help!!

brittjw4, Jul 22, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there, JJG10. Welcome to TenForums.

Does your notebook have the latest driver?

Is the Dell PC hardwired?

Are all settings you show there set properly?

I must say > You'd think the problem would be the other way around.

Tony K, Jul 22, 2017
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you.

As far as I know the drivers are up to date on both computers

Neither of the two are hard wired. They connect to the Network Computer wirelessly.

JJG10, Jul 23, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    I use 2 HP printers, one is the Officejet Pro 8600 and the other is the LaserJet Pro MFP M26nw. The Officejet will do automatic duplex printing while the LaserJet won't [manual only]. The key seems to be the ADF/Automatic Document Feeder of the Officejet which the Laserjet doesn't have. Looks like your Envy 4520 doesn't have that either.

A note: both of my printers are connected via Ethernet cable to my Router and any Wired or Wireless machine can print to them when the software is installed as a Networked printer. Wife went to make copies on the Officejet the other day, saw a message for an update, did it and now we have ePrint set up on it, has it's own E-Mail Address and should be able to print from anything with Internet service.

Berton, Jul 23, 2017
  7. JJG10 Win User
    Then why does it work on the Dell Desktop but not on the HP Laptop?

JJG10, Jul 23, 2017
  8. Tony K Win User

Hi there, JJG10. I don't know how much you know about drivers, so please bear with me. Do you know how to use device manager?

Hold Windows key down and press X. Choose device manager. Are there any *Warning by the printer or anywhere?

Do you know how to check the driver for your printer?

Press Windows key and type printers. Left click your printer choose Manage. Does everything look ok there?

If the "Let Windows manage my printer" is check marked. uncheck it.

Tony K, Jul 23, 2017
  9. JJG10 Win User
    Yes, I remember using it a long time ago. It showed no problems any where.
    However, if I just press the Windows key I find no where to type Printers. Nor can I find any where 'Let Windows manage my printer.'

JJG10, Jul 23, 2017
  10. Tony K Win User
    It will open a search field automatically. Just press a letter.

Tony K, Jul 23, 2017
  11. JJG10 Win User
    Oh, I found it. I had the window reduced in size ant it was below the visible area.

I have found nothing out of the ordinary any where.

Thanks again.

JJG10, Jul 23, 2017
  12. Tony K Win User
    You're welcome. I'd say the driver is broke. How was it installed? Through Windows Update automatically or did you load it from HP install disk?

Tony K, Jul 23, 2017
  13. Helmut Win User

I use an HP Officejet Pro 6230 The dialogues are just about identical.

Suspect you might be using a generic basic Windows 10 driver, "series" in the name may suggest that.

I would look in your Programs and Features, uninstall all the HP printer drivers. Disconnect the printer and install the HP full feature driver (download from HP) connecting up when appropriate, maybe temporarily using the USB connection.

The object being to prevent the generic/basic Windows 10 HP driver from installing. The problem with those is the full features are not supported.

I had this with an older HP printer of a similar type, the full features would occasionally stop working. The only way to get them back was to uninstall/re-install the full feature driver.
    Nothing was indicated wrong within Windows, just the 'full feature' stopped working.

That has not happened on the current printer through all the Windows 10 version updates.

Helmut, Jul 23, 2017
  14. Tony K Win User
    I need to get to bed. Try the troubleshooter. If that doesn't work then I would uninstall and reinstall the driver/software.

Windows Key + E > Towards the bottom of left column > Expand Control panel > Choose "All Control panel items" > Icons view > choose "Devices and Printers" > right click your printer > Troubleshoot.

Uninstall that way too if necessary. If you don't have the driver software then search the HP site for the latest that's for your OS, download, and install.

Good luck to you.

Tony K, Jul 23, 2017
  15. JJG10 Win User
    I installed it originally from the HP CD and subsequently updated it using HP's Web Full Pack.

JJG10, Jul 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Wireless Printer Will Not Duplex Print - Similar Threads - Wireless Printer Duplex

2. Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns: Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns pages Page number at different spot on odd and even pages. one higher than the other Top starts at different place 0n top and bottom margins One lower than the otherProblem exists for MS Word and PDF in DuplexSame document prints ok to...
  3. Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns: Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns pages Page number at different spot on odd and even pages. one higher than the other Top starts at different place 0n top and bottom margins One lower than the otherProblem exists for MS Word and PDF in DuplexSame document prints ok to...
  4. Wireless Printer not printing consistently.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Printer not printing consistently.: Wireless printer HP Envy Pro 6455 will not consistently print from my Dell. Sporadically goes "off line" or gives message "printer is in error". However, some days, it prints fine. Is there a simple process to fix this issue? If so, what please?...
  5. duplex printing

duplex printing: How can I get my HP OfficeJet 3830 to print duplex automatic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplex-printing/4cfd2451-0811-4275-b6f2-42e49373efb9
  6. Wireless Print to USB Printer

Wireless Print to USB Printer: My daughter has a Canon IMAGE Class MF236 USB only laser printer which is connected to her desktop Windows 10 PC. She has a Widows laptop (I think it's Windows 10) that she wants to print to her Canon printer. Is there a way to do this? 166226
  7. Print Duplex off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Duplex off: The latest windows update negated duplex orinting. Any help would be appreciated. Estelle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-duplex-off/f0c42c58-156b-49a1-8975-bf309dcf0004
  8. Wireless Printer not printing

Wireless Printer not printing: when running the troubleshooter, I cannot determine if printer is on a network or using Bluetooth.....the settings show a network and the Bluetooth toggle is on ON. how do I know which it is operating on?...
  9. Hp printer not printing wirelessly

Hp printer not printing wirelessly: Hello kindly help :hp LaserJet mfp m130a generating ,operation could not be completed(error 0*00000020).The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Thank you....
  10. Printing to My Wireless Printer

Printing to My Wireless Printer: I cannot get my wireless printer to print from my computer. It was working perfectly yesterday, then today it won't work. I keep getting the message, "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab. I've also gotten a message,...