Windows 10: Wireless Printing Fails

Discus and support Wireless Printing Fails in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought an HP 2540 wireless printer that is Windows 8 and 10 compatible. I setup the computer, used disk for the Win8 and downloaded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnnyG, Nov 18, 2015.

1. JohnnyG Win User

Wireless Printing Fails

I recently bought an HP 2540 wireless printer that is Windows 8 and 10 compatible. I setup the computer, used disk for the Win8 and downloaded the Win10 driver and installed on the second laptop. Both Asus laptops printed and then quit.

I have reinstalled printer, run every diagnostic I can find and still cannot get either to print.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

JohnnyG, Nov 18, 2015

2. Printing & Scanning

Hi,

I have recently purchased a surface 3 with windows 10,

I am able to print using my wireless printer, but when I try to use the scanner app with the same wireless printer/ scanner, the app fails to recognise the printer/ scanner,

the printer/ scanner is set as my default & windows is set to manage it,

Charley

Charley590, Nov 18, 2015
  3. HP Wireless printer

HP has an excellent guide here:

Connecting your HP wireless printer | Wireless Printing Center | HP ...

www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/printer-setup-help.html

Andre Da Costa, Nov 18, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Wireless Printing Fails

Uninstall the printer software, then go at Devices and Printers (search to find) and remove the printer from there, if present. The load Device Manager and remove the printer from Printers, Print queue and wherever else might be. Restart your computer. Run the setup again, preferably with Administrator rights (right-click, Run as Administrator). When asked how your printer is connected, reply via Wi-Fi and then that the printer is already connected to the router (verify that the printer is switched on and the Wi-Fi LED is on which means connected). It should be detected, proceed to finish the installation. Try to print something, it should work.

Important: This assumes your network is configured as home. If you configured it as public, then access to other computers and the printer is blocked!

spapakons, Nov 18, 2015
  5. JohnnyG Win User
    I think I got lucky. I powered off the printer and the router and restarted both and it is printing. Thanks.

JohnnyG, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wireless Printing Fails

1. Wireless Printing Fails - Similar Threads - Wireless Printing Fails

2. Wireless printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless printing: I've installed a new wireless printer but can't get it to print from PC, it prints from other devices e.g. iphone. HP support suggest that it may be registry issue with windows 10, cna anyone help?...
  3. Wireless printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless printing: I've installed a new wireless printer but can't get it to print from PC, it prints from other devices e.g. iphone. HP support suggest that it may be registry issue with windows 10, cna anyone help?...
  4. Wireless printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wireless Printing

Wireless Printing: Is there a plugin device that lets me convert my HP LaserJet 2420 UPD PCL 6 to a wireless printer?I also have an HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 series PCL-3 connected to my desktop via USB. They both worked fine wireless from my laptop until I downloaded and installed some Windows 10...
  6. Wireless Printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Printing: Is there a plugin device that lets me convert my HP LaserJet 2420 UPD PCL 6 to a wireless printer?I also have an HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 series PCL-3 connected to my desktop via USB. They both worked fine wireless from my laptop until I downloaded and installed some Windows 10...
  7. Wireless Printing

Wireless Printing: Hi, This is not really a problem but i just want to know how do i do wireless printing because i have a pc connected to the printer in the other room and i am in the other room so i have to send the fine to the other pc tp print i just want to know how do i do wireless...
  8. Wireless Printing

Wireless Printing: I can print and scan without problems using my MacBook. However, when I try to print using my updated Windows 10 laptop every job sent to printer errors-out. At one time, I could print but now not so. Tried removing and reinstalling, changing driver, etc. Nothing works....
  9. Wireless Printing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wireless Printing: Windows 10 won't access an IP address in the network after a power outage. Says I do not have permission. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printing/759afaa4-26ff-4c23-bece-a6193c464982
  10. wireless printing

wireless printing: how do I add wireless access to my printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wireless-printing/d49cfc27-cbf9-408b-a198-e8f4be9685e5