Windows 10: Wireless Xbox One controller requires a PIN for Windows 10

Discus and support Wireless Xbox One controller requires a PIN for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] While connecting a Wireless Xbox controller to a Windows 10 PC is fairly simple (either via USB cable or through Bluetooth), some users are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 6, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Wireless Xbox One controller requires a PIN for Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 6, 2018

2. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Aug 6, 2018
  3. RickEinar Win User
    Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

If I understand this thread correctly, 271 people have this problem and 1 person was helped by the suggested solutions? The box for the Xbox Wireless Controller reads, "Bluetooth use requires Windows 10. For use without Bluetooth on Windows 7, 8.1, or
    10, a USB cable or Xbox wireless adapter is required (each sold separately)". I have a new Windows 10 installation on a new build with all latest drivers. Everything else works flawlessly. It seems a simple thing for Microsoft - maker of both Xbox controller
    and Windows 10 - to either provide the PIN or remove the need for it. Any suggestion to use a cable or wireless adapter instead of being able to use the advertised Bluetooth with Windows 10 is neither reasonable nor helpful. My Xbox controller is going back
    to the store tomorrow.

RickEinar, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Wireless Xbox One controller requires a PIN for Windows 10

Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

You're right. It's totally pointless to have this wireless controller but still use it like an Xbox 360 controller. It's too late for some people to send their controller back to the store, since this problem is occurring lately for some users due to some
    sort of a new windows 10 update or whatever the reason is. After all, these typical "Update your drivers suggested solutions" never seemed to help in any thread.

Maxisu Exas, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Wireless Xbox One controller requires a PIN for Windows 10

1. Wireless Xbox One controller requires a PIN for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wireless Xbox controller

2. Windows requires PIN to connect my Xbox wireless controller!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows requires PIN to connect my Xbox wireless controller!: Windows requires PIN to connect my Xbox wireless controller! Yesterday I tried to connect my controller but it was asking again for a PIN. I bought my controller from other person so I can`t see the PIN of the controller which I think is in the box of the controller when you...
  3. Windows requires PIN to connect my Xbox wireless controller!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows requires PIN to connect my Xbox wireless controller!: Windows requires PIN to connect my Xbox wireless controller! Yesterday I tried to connect my controller but it was asking again for a PIN. I bought my controller from other person so I can`t see the PIN of the controller which I think is in the box of the controller when you...
  4. Xbox one wireless controller code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one wireless controller code 43: I had this one happen while in the middle of a game. I updated the USB driver and Chipset drivers from MSI motherboard mfg, and updated to the latest version of windows. Restarted my computer, uninstalled the device, tried a different usb port, tried to update the driver...
  5. Xbox Wireless adapter for Windows 10 + Xbox One controller + mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Wireless adapter for Windows 10 + Xbox One controller + mic: If I connect my xbox one controller to my PC, via the Xbox Wireless adapter for windows 10, will I then be able to use the mic on my headset connected to the controller, as I can when playing on my xbox? I want to use the headset on discord while gaming. submitted by...
  6. Xbox one s wireless controller issue

Xbox one s wireless controller issue: Hi all, not an expert with this stuff and I need some help. My xbox one s controller has just started turning itself off after 5 (or so) seconds, I don't understand why? It has been working fine until yesterday. Has anyone experienced this and what solutions worked for you?...
  7. One or two dongles? Xbox 360 and Xbox one controller wireless controllers for Windows

One or two dongles? Xbox 360 and Xbox one controller wireless controllers for Windows: As per title. Do i need the 2 dongles to be connected to my PC to be able to use the 2 controllers or the Xbox one dongle is backward compatible? Thank you submitted by /u/Logiman43 [link] [comments]...
  8. Xbox one controllers stopped working wirelessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controllers stopped working wirelessly: Hi, Was playing the witcher 3 via steam with my xbox one controller connected to my PC via bluetooth, had no issues this would of been approx 05/01/2020 Almost 2 weeks later and no matter which of my various controllers I use or which games I try to play, controller's...
  9. Xbox one controller and wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox one controller and wireless adapter: Guys, i really need help. I am using windows 10. My Xbox One cotroller was connected to my PC with Xbox Wireless adapter. But from this morning i cant connect my controller with my PC. I tried all solutions i could find on internet and yt but nothing. Reinstalling device,...
  10. PIN-код от xbox wireless controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN-код от xbox wireless controller: [ATTACH]Столкнулся с данной проблемой, что делать? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B4-%D0%BE%D1%82-xbox-wireless/8f93ed17-0602-4cce-886b-61a9dcbece2a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pin for xbox one wireless controller

2. pin for xbox controller

3. xbox wireless controller pin

4. pin for xbox wireless controller,
  5. xbox one controller pin,
  6. xbox 1 controller requiring pin for bluetooth connection,
  7. pin for xbox wireless controller on pc,
  8. xbox one controller windows 10 pin,
  9. pin para xbox wireless controller,
  10. xbox wireless controller bluetooth pin,
  11. wireless xbox controller pin,