Windows 10: Witcher 3 slight lag

Discus and support Witcher 3 slight lag in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, guys. I have an acer aspire v17 nitro (gtx960m 2gb) and I was playing Witcher 3 on windows 7 with the same settings as I am playing it now on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Blblr, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Blblr Win User

Witcher 3 slight lag

Hello, guys. I have an acer aspire v17 nitro (gtx960m 2gb) and I was playing Witcher 3 on windows 7 with the same settings as I am playing it now on windows 10 but the game was so much smoother in windows 7 than it is on windows 10. I get micro stutters from time to time, when I turn mouse I can see it slightly lag and jump sometimes and overall the movement of the Witcher is not as smooth as compared to in windows 7. I have set max pre rendered frames to 1 in windows 7 because I had micro stutters there and it fixed the problem, did the same in windows 10 but nothing much changed. Disabled v-sync of course and even tried the fix by setting the frames to unlimited in the game settings and editing the .ini file to change the framerate to 59 fps but didn't help much either. Maybe it's something with windows 10? How could I optimize windows 10 better? Perhaps disable the windows update, disable some unnecessary services? Any help is appreciated.

:)

Blblr, Jun 25, 2016
  2. billy7907 Win User

Game lag after the most recent update

I just updated my windows 10 today (Jul, 06, 2017).

Before the update, my games run very smoothly with zero lag (Witcher 3)

My computer is a gaming laptop (Laptop: MSI stealth pro GS70), so the hardware can support the game.

I've also updated my graphics card and the drivers are up to date.

However, after the update, my games (Witcher 3) starts to lag a lot. I've tried to lower the setting but the game still lags...

I'm wondering if anyone has the similar issue or know the fix?

billy7907, Jun 25, 2016
  3. Karmeet Win User
    X6 : Messaging !!!

even after that there is a slight lag in the process ...

Karmeet, Jun 25, 2016
  4. Aurondium Win User

Witcher 3 slight lag

Sorry cannot offer any specific advice, but wonder if you have read 'The games are lagging in Windows 10' thread about ten threads below this one?

Aurondium, Jun 26, 2016
  5. Helidoc Win User
    Helidoc, Jul 6, 2016
  6. Blblr Win User
    Thank you, did more tweaking and it seems smoother now, though I still experience micro stutters from time to time, especially when I turn around or move the camera. It's more playable now but I just don't understand why windows 10 is like that. On windows 7 I barely had to tweak anything and it was perfectly smooth and fps was consistent.

Blblr, Jul 6, 2016
  7. Optimization on that game is horrible i mean hell 2x 980 in sli still didn't get High frames even with Hairworks off
    I got that game for free and thank god it was free because if i had paid for it i would of been upset it's smooth and plays well just not my type of game *chuckle

solarstarshines, Jul 8, 2016
  8. Aurondium Win User

Witcher 3 slight lag

Sorry to hear that and I can't say what you guys may be doing wrong -if anything- but my Witcher 3 (GOG version) and both expansion packs run very very smoothly (with hairworks and all) on a single GTX 980Ti via an i5-4670 and an Acer X34 Predator G-sync at 3440 x 1440 @ 95hz. And using Windows 10, too, having upgraded months ago from Windows 7.

Aurondium, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Witcher 3 slight lag

1. Witcher 3 slight lag - Similar Threads - Witcher slight lag

2. Slight lag using windows and explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slight lag using windows and explorer: Recently done a complete reinstall of windows 11 as was having some issue. Ended up installing it on a new drive I had, a Samsung 980 Pro 2TB.Ever since reinstalling it feels like windows is always abit laggy/delayed. When I open a new explorer window or sometimes just...
  3. Slight lag using windows and explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slight lag using windows and explorer: Recently done a complete reinstall of windows 11 as was having some issue. Ended up installing it on a new drive I had, a Samsung 980 Pro 2TB.Ever since reinstalling it feels like windows is always abit laggy/delayed. When I open a new explorer window or sometimes just...
  4. A bug in the save game of The Witcher 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A bug in the save game of The Witcher 3: Hello, in the Witcher 3 game, I can only save manually. And quick save is only one, and automatic save and checkpoint can save three times, the next one will take the place of these three. I reinstalled Windows and started from the beginning, but I still have the problem.The...
  5. A bug in the save game of The Witcher 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A bug in the save game of The Witcher 3: Hello, in the Witcher 3 game, I can only save manually. And quick save is only one, and automatic save and checkpoint can save three times, the next one will take the place of these three. I reinstalled Windows and started from the beginning, but I still have the problem.The...
  6. Do I need a better monitor for the Witcher 3?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Do I need a better monitor for the Witcher 3?: I think the specs on my computer are fine for this game (AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8-Core Processor, Radeon RX550, 32 RAM, 3.6 GHz). But, in terms of resolution quality and gameplay, will I need a better monitor than my HP 2511x?
  7. Witcher 3 Language Package - Witcher 3 Sprachpaket

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Witcher 3 Language Package - Witcher 3 Sprachpaket: Hello, I want to download the german language package for Witcher 3 on Microsoft Website. When I click on "download" Button he says me that there wouldn't be any compatible Device connected with my account. I already connected my PC with this account, it is shown under "my...
  8. BSOD when playing game The Witcher 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing game The Witcher 3: Hello TenForums, Everytime I get into a game my computer freezes and blue screens with the error message "Machine Check Exception". Please can someone help me out? Many thanks. 72116
  9. BSOD in witcher 3 and crysis 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD in witcher 3 and crysis 3: Slowly i'm starting to think my graphic card has a problem. This system is completely new (all exept for the gpu, 2x ssds and 1x hdd). I had overclocked to 4.3ghz, but after many crashes in crysis 3 and witcher 3, i thought i'd revert to stock to see how it fairs. While...
  10. Slight Lag Issue in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slight Lag Issue in Windows 10: Unsure where to put this. My processor isn't that old (i7-3770k), 16 GB ram. Everything normally works great. A few days ago though windows went almost totally non responsive. Tasks took ages to open, browsers and programs the same. My PC was only on for about half an...