Windows 10: With a nod and a wink, Microsoft gives away Windows 10 to anyone who..

Discus and support With a nod and a wink, Microsoft gives away Windows 10 to anyone who.. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In the always confusing world of Microsoft licensing, there are two sets of rules.One is written down in license agreements, drafted by Microsoft's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jun 20, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

With a nod and a wink, Microsoft gives away Windows 10 to anyone who..

Source

labeeman, Jun 20, 2015

2. That will be very nice if it is not stopped by the lawyers. I could use a Virtual Machine of 10 Pro for testing purposes and it looks like A Windows 7 key will not be used to get it. Nice *Smile

:)

Indianatone, Jun 20, 2015
  3. Shenan Stanley, Jun 20, 2015
  4. With a nod and a wink, Microsoft gives away Windows 10 to anyone who..

Shenan Stanley, Jun 20, 2015
  5. groze Win User
    Posted edited.
    @Indianatone you maybe correct after all they may have already backpedaled. His blogged changed already and Microsoft wants people to trust them.

I got the quote from a lifehacker postings.

That seems to changes things again and I won't be able to keep my triple boot system.

groze, Jun 20, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    It was fun while it lasted.

Rocky, Jun 20, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    I's not over til it's over! *Smile I think we just need to wait until the 29th of July and see what MS does.

Winuser, Jun 20, 2015
  8. With a nod and a wink, Microsoft gives away Windows 10 to anyone who..

Well I am sure not wasting a Windows 7 key on 10 as it stands. I'll take a free copy since I have been testing it since October but I am not going out of my way for Windows 10. It just ain't worth it.

Indianatone, Jun 21, 2015
  9. groze Win User
    I am not sure I am going to take windows 10 regardless. The new build seems to cause issue with the windows 7 partition even though windows 10 is/was a clean install.

groze, Jun 21, 2015
  10. bromanbro Win User
    Yeah, the only thing there is DX12.

Maybe Spartan too (it's fast, but then again FF is fast without adblock too)

bromanbro, Jun 21, 2015
  11. well im really excited about this but um, i hate waiting for more information.

hoehhohhoe, Jun 21, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Either way I'm all in on Win10. So far I think it's much better than WIn7 and it's the equal of Win8.1. And given that the future is with WIn10 I don't see the reason not to upgrade.

BunnyJ, Jun 21, 2015
  13. Cr00zng Win User

Microsoft is a for profit company, just to state the obvious...

They won't give away hundreds of millions, or more, without having a way to recover that money. MS started to integrate Bing searches in Windows 8.x that is nothing more than tracking end users in the OS. While one could disable this integration in Windows 8.x, in Windows 10 it's not an option. As the matter of fact, Cortana needs an MS account just to work, not to mention that detecting location needs to be enabled as well. Who needs tracking script when MS can have people jump on the "free" Windows 10? Can you imagine the advertisement income MS will have from Windows 10?

I for one will keep both Windows 7 and 8.1, I won't quote what my wife said when the free Windows 10 update popped up...*Redface

Disclaimer: Microsoft is just joining Google and Apple for advertising in the OS, they've been doing it for long time. With MS market share, they'll be able to unset Google as the top company to advertise with. Yeah, that couple of millions seems like a smart investment....

Cr00zng, Jun 21, 2015
  14. gzt7d8 Win User
    I agree, I made up my mind long before the latest news came out to update. Regardless of the direction, I expected I would have to use my Win 8 key to legally run Win 10. I'm just looking for a way to do a clean install, then I'm good.

gzt7d8, Jun 21, 2015
  15. i dont think its the equal of windows 8.1. to me, it looks like its advanced, atleast the screens do. I had some problems with 8.1 and i hope that the windows 10 is something less problematic. it looks like it is.

hoehhohhoe, Jun 21, 2015
Thema:

1. With a nod and a wink, Microsoft gives away Windows 10 to anyone who.. - Similar Threads - nod wink Microsoft

2. Grand Price Give Away Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grand Price Give Away Notification: Hey Guys,Above notification appeared on my laptop for the second time now and I don't know what it is. Possibly a scam or something. Could anyone help on recognizing this please?...
  3. Grand Price Give Away Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grand Price Give Away Notification: Hey Guys,Above notification appeared on my laptop for the second time now and I don't know what it is. Possibly a scam or something. Could anyone help on recognizing this please?...
  4. Resetting Windows 10, Setting Up Win 10 with Microsoft Account log-in, then giving away the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting Windows 10, Setting Up Win 10 with Microsoft Account log-in, then giving away the...: I purchased a new Windows 10 desktop PC and now wish to give away my old, functioning, Windows 10 desktop PC.To prepare my old Win 10 desktop PC before giving it away I reset the PC i.e., reset Win 10 selecting the remove all data option. It took about five hours to complete...
  5. lost password of a person who passes away

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost password of a person who passes away: I was asked to take our pastor computer after he passed away suddenly. All was good as I knew his power on password until I put in a windows 10 update and when it rebooted it is asking for the password for "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***". He never wrote down...
  6. windows license in giving away a pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows license in giving away a pc: Hi, I'm getting a brand new pc and am gifting my old one to my brother. I want to format the drives before I give it to him. Does this erase windows 10 and if/if not will he need to get a new license? It's a volume_mak license. Also will my license stay on the old pc and is...
  7. Giving the laptop away

Giving the laptop away: Hi, I plan to give my Toshiba laptop away to a national charity. The laptop is running Windows 10 Home [Reset today] downloaded from Cloud for complete erasure of previous details. However because I am shown as Administrator, that appears to be overiding the Reset since...
  8. Giving away my PC to a nephew

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Giving away my PC to a nephew: I have this old Dell I am shipping to my nephew soon. I'm getting rid of it because of the upgrade hassles and I already have a newer one that updates fine. The problem that caused me to want to get rid of it is because every time Windows releases a new version number it...
  9. Give computer away

Give computer away: I want to give my computer to someone, how do I remove me as a user (and add them)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/give-computer-away/3c778260-9916-4a1c-83be-ddd62551dff4"
  10. Microsoft is giving away tickets to Mobile World Congress to Windows..

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is giving away tickets to Mobile World Congress to Windows..: Microsoft's Windows Insider program is a group of enthusiast who are trying out the upcoming release of Windows 10 for both the desktop and the phone. In the past, Microsoft has created wallpapers for those in the program and now they are giving something else away....