Windows 10: With a whip and a chair, I subdue Win-10

Discus and support With a whip and a chair, I subdue Win-10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The first time I ever saw Windows 10, I thought to myself, "What the heck is that POS?" Since then I've had to install it (set it up) for several of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TechnoMage, Jul 23, 2017.

1. With a whip and a chair, I subdue Win-10

The first time I ever saw Windows 10, I thought to myself, "What the heck is that POS?"

Since then I've had to install it (set it up) for several of my customers and I got a test version to play around with.

So I've developed a strategy for getting is all set up for someone who is moving up from Xp, Vista or maybe Win-7, and who is not really computer savvy.

First thing I do is "Show All files", then run "Grant Admin Full control", then I kill WUDO and Cortana. Then I install the Classic Shell, and proceed with the setup just like I would with Window 7.

When I'm done, Win-10 is running good and looks and acts pretty much like Win-7 and my people love it.
    Heck, by then, I even love it! It's still a pain to set desktop themes, and set task-bar color, but at least once I set it, then it stays set.

Me? Oh heck, I'm still running Windows 7 Ultimate 32. It will play all my old 16 bit games!

Cheers mates!
    *Cool

:)

TechnoMage, Jul 23, 2017
  2. TLK1221 Win User

Windows 10 Administrator not allowing to save to My documents

I did that already the check marks are marked for full permission but they are subdued ... this happened awhile ago when I first installed win 10 I have been saving my files to the downloads file since then so been dealing with it awhile so really starting
    to bother me I can't find a fix. Any reason why security checkmark are subdued and. Ant change them in the security tab?

TLK1221, Jul 23, 2017
  3. gail45 Win User
    Looking for a wallpaper - red chair in forest with book

I also adore this picture! I want to be there! With a whip and a chair, I subdue Win-10 :)

gail45, Jul 23, 2017
Thema:

With a whip and a chair, I subdue Win-10

1. With a whip and a chair, I subdue Win-10 - Similar Threads - whip chair subdue

2. Credentials i win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Credentials i win 10: I have had a media player connected (lan ) for some time now. My isp had to change out the router under a repair, but now, to access the media player i get the message below coming up. What are they after; what username and password. Don't recall entering them before....
  3. Credentials i win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Credentials i win 10: I have had a media player connected (lan ) for some time now. My isp had to change out the router under a repair, but now, to access the media player i get the message below coming up. What are they after; what username and password. Don't recall entering them before....
  4. I hate win 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I hate win 10.: I upgraded from win 7 ultimate to win 10, it gave me win 10 pro & I need my control of my PC back. How can I have full access on my PC? I'm really thinking of going to Linux....
  5. Screwball sleep issue - moving chair wakes PC with no physical contac

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwball sleep issue - moving chair wakes PC with no physical contac: This is crazy so please read slowly... I am running win10 v1909 on my home PC which I built with an intel DX58SO motherboard when win7 first came out and up 'till now the only problems I have experienced were "routine", most of which I caused by my constant fiddling with the...
  6. I love Win 10..

in Windows 10 Support
    I love Win 10..: Well, to explain further. A couple of month ago we migrated from Win7 to win10 were i'm working (It's a state department..) Contrary to all my beliefs, this turned out to be great solution. Clean, clutterfree, fast, easy to use OS. It's almost as the old win7 , but much...
  7. Game chairs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game chairs: Do you think these models are suitable for gaming. chairs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-chairs/678e4dc7-093f-4e23-8e95-936dc888e301"
  8. I whipped my pc and it needs a activation key to start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I whipped my pc and it needs a activation key to start up: So i fixed my computer after a few months of just sitting there I of course knew that was gonna be problems but I fix the majority of the system ones that I knew that need to be fixed everything code wise shouldve been good. When I started it up it said the boot file was...
  9. I whipped and it needs a activation key to start up

I whipped and it needs a activation key to start up: So i fixed my computer after a few months of just sitting there I of course knew that was gonna be problems but I fix the majority of the system ones that I knew that need to be fixed everything code wise shouldve been good. When I started it up it said the boot file was...
  10. Can I dual-boot Win 10 with Win 10?

Can I dual-boot Win 10 with Win 10?: My Win 10 system is flakey in several minor ways; it's also overloaded with apps. I'd like to start fresh, with a clean install on an SSD, port over the apps I actually use, then gradually check out the other apps to see which are worth keeping on the new drive. Can I...