Windows 10: With build 10122, Windows 10 finally starts coming together

Discus and support With build 10122, Windows 10 finally starts coming together in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With the most recent Windows 10 preview release, Microsoft made a big jump in build numbers, going from 10074 to 10122. And as long as you don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 22, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

With build 10122, Windows 10 finally starts coming together

Read more: With build 10122, Windows 10 finally starts coming together | ZDNet

Brink, May 22, 2015

2. That was my thought too. I'm running it now, pretty much set up the way I want it, and NO Classic Shell. Not yet anyway.
    I even have Windows Mail set up for my email and I've installed my own Sound Files, so W-10 sounds like I want it to.
    It does have the ability to become the OS you want and need it to be. That is, if you have the patients to find all the hidden settings and then get them set the way you want.

However, I can't do a dang thing with Edge. Still using Firefox.
    Using Sync, it now has all my Bookmarks, settings and all that good stuff.

Many things are still hard to find, but once you find them, the settings are pretty straight forward.

happy Memorial Day!

*Cool

:)

TechnoMage, May 22, 2015
  3. My START MENU and Search tool do NOT WORK anymore (WIN10 just installed)

SOLUTION FOUND! ;-)

IT WORKED VERY WELL FOR ME...

Fix: Start Menu and Cortana doesn't work in Windows 10

Fix: Start Menu and Cortana doesn’t work in Windows 10 build 10122
    1. Open run command, type PowerShell and press enter to open it

2. Right click on its icon on taskbar and select Run as administrator

3. Paste the below script

4. Wait for the Powershell to complete the process, ignore any errors if displayed in the window.

With build 10122, Windows 10 finally starts coming together [​IMG]

ALSO SEE:Windows 10 build 10122 Default Apps Issue: How to set Chrome
    as default browser?

5. Once Powershell completes the process, click on the start button, start menu opens and cortana also works.

Serge Rossel, May 22, 2015
  4. With build 10122, Windows 10 finally starts coming together

Will Microsoft rip me off again and will activation fail?

Which build of Windows 10 are you running, 10130, 10122, 10074, 10061?

Andre Da Costa, May 22, 2015
  5. caperjack Win User
    all my email links open in Edge, in 10122 build and in build 10074 even though IE is set as default

caperjack, May 22, 2015
  6. linw Win User
    Same here. Not good form. It grabs pdf files as well.

I have now changed the defaults to my choice.

7. linw Win User
    I guess we are all doing a fair bit of hunting for settings! Good old control panel is still there, though!

We'll get there in the end!!

8. groze Win User

I thought the old control panel is going to be gone in the released version.

groze, May 24, 2015
  9. linw Win User
    Probably will. But we still need it for a while longer. One setting I couldn't find was Task Scheduler, for example.

10. Mystere Win User
    No, it will still be there, but many items in it have moved to Settings. Just not everything yet.

Task Scheduler is not in Control Panel, it's an MMC snap-in. You can get to it from the Administrative Tools in Control Panel, but you can also get to it by typing "task scheduler" in the search, or under Administrative Tools in All Apps.

Mystere, May 24, 2015
  11. You can create a Desktop shortcut to the control panel by just creating a NEW Shortcut with this syntax:
    C:\Windows\System32\control.exe

Or maybe you'd like a shortcut to "System" ?
    Or maybe a shortcut to "Restore".

Find the RUN box and all the old haunts are available to us.
    Things like, MSCONFIG, Regedit, and Services.msc are all right where they used to be, and I use them all.

I'm on 10122 right now, and it's amazing how much of XP and later OS's is still right where I'd expect it to be.
    The lack of a Start Menu is about the only real draw back. I wish they would give that back to us, as an option, if nothing else.
    Most of the performance tweaks I used on XP still work on Win-10. What was old, is new again. (or something like that)

Cheers mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, May 24, 2015
  12. linw Win User
    @Mystere - True, a very loose/wrong use of the word 'setting'.

Found the link in All Apps but it hasn't been activated! No doubt it will be sorted later.

Tried the search with 'task scheduler' and it only came up with web links.

Anyway, I don't have a problem finding it and I am sure the holes indicated above will be plugged later.

Cheers.

Thema:

1. With build 10122, Windows 10 finally starts coming together - Similar Threads - build 10122 finally

2. Final Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Final Build: I want to ask which is the Final build of Windows 10 that is available to the general public. I have windows 10 build 19041.450. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/final-build/bda11a83-f5f9-4adf-8278-38fe0425a17b
  3. Coming Soon to Avast Final Builds NEW Threat Alerts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Coming Soon to Avast Final Builds NEW Threat Alerts: Coming Soon to Avast is New Center of Screen Threat/Detection alerts, (Currently in Beta) no response from Avast Staff/Developers on if these are staying, but since they just released a new beta version 17.6.2307 and they remain, think the new threat alerts are remaining....
  4. Windows 10 Build 10074/10122/10125

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Build 10074/10122/10125: Hey guys i have the past 2 weeks tryed these 3 builds with nvidia windows 10 beta driver 352.63, 352.84 and windows 8.1 352.86 and SLI turned ON. And in all situations i get random stutter/fps lag or lag spikes. I have managed to reduce the amount of stutter and etc with the...
  5. Build 10122 and bitdefender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Build 10122 and bitdefender: Don't try installing bitdefender on build 10122 unless you're very familiar with using safe mode. You'll get the frowny BSOD screen to greet you and a non booting machine..... 6195
  6. since build 10122

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    since build 10122: Ever since build 10122 installed, my PC has been going round and round "Checking for updates." It goes on for hours and hours. It finally ends with " There were some problems installing updates. We'll try again later. error (0x800705b4) This has been going on for a week or...
  7. Build 10122 - Activation required or not

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 10122 - Activation required or not: Hi there So far I haven't had any requests for activation on build 10122 - however if you look in control panell ===>system you'll see under Windows activation that the Product ID is not available. Will this version require activation (previous builds did) and if so...
  8. New (and final?) build of Windows 10 Mobile coming this week?

in Windows 10 News
    New (and final?) build of Windows 10 Mobile coming this week?: [img] Report claims the firm could deliver final build this week Now that both the PC version of Windows 10 and the Threshold 2 update are alive and kicking, Microsoft’s hard at work to finalize work on the mobile version of the operating system, and according to a...
  9. New Build 10122 coming today!

in Windows 10 News
    New Build 10122 coming today!: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date
  10. Windows 10 build 10122: Everything you need to know

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 10122: Everything you need to know: [img] On May 20, Microsoft officially released Windows 10 build 10122 to the Fast ring of updates. In this new build, the company has rolled out an even more stable and polished version of its next operating system. Build 10122 includes a variety of fixes and improvements...