Windows 10: With Creators update monitors no longer actually turn off?

Discus and support With Creators update monitors no longer actually turn off? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After updating my Win 10 to CU I find that when I leave my PC for 10 minutes or more (control panel power options set to disable monitors after 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mcnippy, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Mcnippy Win User

With Creators update monitors no longer actually turn off?

After updating my Win 10 to CU I find that when I leave my PC for 10 minutes or more (control panel power options set to disable monitors after 10 minutes of standby) my displays just display black color instead of actually going into standby mode. They obviously don't save any power this way and give some light which is annoying.

Does anybody else have this problem? If you don't mind you can go to power options and set disable monitors after 1 minute to do a very quick test.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Mcnippy, Apr 12, 2017

2. My External Monitor (Display) no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators Update

My External Monitor (Display) no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators Update

Andre Da Costa, Apr 12, 2017
  3. S140U Monitor no longer works once Microsoft Creators update is installed.

I have a HP Spectre X360 laptop w/ windows 10 64bit and a HP S140U monitor. Once I updated my windows 10 edition with the CREATOR'S update the monitor will no longer work. Uninstalled and reinstalled software for monitor with no success.

Rutgers IT Support, Apr 12, 2017
  4. With Creators update monitors no longer actually turn off?

Really surprised there hasn't been another response here, as this was the first problem I ran into after updating. Did you find a solution? After googling, the larger group of answers comes from the GeForce forums, so this is clearly not isolated.

candiriaroot, May 9, 2017
  5. Mcnippy Win User
    Nope no solution except for using older GPU drivers (in case of AMD June 2016), happens on both AMD and NVIDIA cards.

Mcnippy, May 13, 2017
  6. Mcnippy Win User
    Update: for me it was fixed with 17.6.1 drivers.

Mcnippy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

With Creators update monitors no longer actually turn off?

1. With Creators update monitors no longer actually turn off? - Similar Threads - Creators update monitors

2. Screen does not actually turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen does not actually turn off.: Hi there,Since a little while ago I've noticed that my screen does not actually turn off or go to standby anymore but just turns black, even though I have my settings set to turn off the screen, and my screen saver should be turned off.Added to that, it doesn't do so...
  3. Screen does not actually turn off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen does not actually turn off.: Hi there,Since a little while ago I've noticed that my screen does not actually turn off or go to standby anymore but just turns black, even though I have my settings set to turn off the screen, and my screen saver should be turned off.Added to that, it doesn't do so...
  4. Screen does not actually turn off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  6. Monitors turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors turning off.: Hello! I am using 2 monitors on my RX480 8 gb GPU. But recently i got a problem, randomly, my monitors are going black and they have no response, i can still hear everything but I cannot see anything either. I tried using the shortcut to reset the graphics driver but still...
  7. turn monitor off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    turn monitor off: How to turn monitor off imediatelly after pc boot up so it's not On for 20 minutes after pc boots up. I don't want to change power settings because for the rest of the time it should be like it is in settings it turns off after 20 minutes of inactivity. I tried nircmd and...
  8. Monitor Not Turning Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Not Turning Off: Recently whenever I lock my computer my left monitor turns off when it sleeps, but my main monitor just goes black and stays on. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Bland_Biscuit [link] [comments]...
  9. Turn off Windows Updates for Microsoft Products... actually?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off Windows Updates for Microsoft Products... actually?: Hi. It's quite annoying to sort up things after almost every Windows update. -,- Another issue it's happening me, like the object suggest it to you: I turn off the option for downloading and installing Other Microsoft Products (in the advanced options of Windows...
  10. Fall Creator Update Screen Turn Off Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creator Update Screen Turn Off Issue: Ok, since the 1709 update my screen turns off after 3 minutes. No matter what. No matter what my screen setting or sleep setting is at. A billion minutes or Never. Screen shuts off in 3 minutes with the lid up. The pc doesn't go to sleep, just the screen turns off. I've...