Windows 10: Wlan is dead? no connections are available

Discus and support Wlan is dead? no connections are available in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [IMG] After 8 hours of troubleshooting and searching, i am not any closer to fixing this. the wlan driver on my Dell xps 15 l501x has disappeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NitohS, Aug 22, 2018.

1. NitohS Win User

Wlan is dead? no connections are available

Wlan is dead? no connections are available [​IMG]

After 8 hours of troubleshooting and searching, i am not any closer to fixing this. the wlan driver on my Dell xps 15 l501x has disappeared after waking it from sleep today, after years of it working just fine.i have made no changes, no updates, installed any program, or dismantled the laptop, it occured on its own.

the ethernet connections are there, but no wlan. on the device manager, there is only the list of WAN miniports and Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller, which doesnt work even after removing and installing.

the network card inside the computer is Intel centrino wireless-n 1000 rev a00.

things i have tried:

network troubleshooter, only indicates problems with ethernet

rollback driver. no option with the realtek driver

update driver, no internet to update with

reinstall intel centrino wireless driver. setup errors "cannot install on this device"

reinstalling realtek driver. does not work after restarting. also seems to eternally reinstall itself after removing it from device manager

turned off firewall

used network reset

checked network card. oddly, it was not properly installed even after using it for many years (wires are now attached correctly)

Wlan is dead? no connections are available [​IMG]

tried using other drivers associated with the model of computer

starting in safe mode

system restore. did not fix the problem despto a point 2 weeks before this problem occurred

:)

NitohS, Aug 22, 2018
  2. DanNokio Win User

UNWANTED auto-connection to WLAN

Dear farby,

Thank you for your suggestions, and apologies for my delay in replying. Poor health.

I have tried each of the suggested solutions, but still do not have the wanted result.

• WLAN connection deleted and reconfigured. While the WLAN was absent, the provider internet connection began self-connection just as the WLAN had done.
      • On reconfiguring the WLAN, both it and the provider internet connection began self-connecting.
    • On re-setting the factory settings, as soon as boot completed, internet connection was requested. On dismissal of request, WLAN self-connected as before.

It would seem that something really wants to get out onto the web, or maybe the 'phone is just 'phoning home.

Please help.

DanNokio, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Using netsh wlan commands not working

It comes up in the list of available WiFi networks but it isn't a network that I have ever connected to. I'm connected to my own private WiFi network and have never seen another network show up on the list until now. It has a padlock mark on it which, I think, means I couldn't use it anyway because it's password-protected. I don't want to use it. I just don't want to see it in my Action Center. As I said, I tried a netsh wlan command to block the network, and used another netsh wlan command that was meant to also hide blocked networks from the list, but this rogue network still shows up on the list in my Action Center. It shows up for about 10 seconds, then disappears. Confusing...In fact, it happened again just now...showed up on the list for a few seconds, then disappeared all of a sudden.

Nandilicious, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Wlan is dead? no connections are available

N8 keeps connecting to OVI Store via WAP when WLAN available

Help!

My N8 keeps connecting to OVI Store via WAP when WLAN available. Not only is WLAN available, it is connected and #1 in the list - checked via Connection Manager.

The Browser etc. has no problem - uses WLAN as expected. I can't find anywhere to set the OVI Store access priorities - I assume it's supposed to use Connection Manager?

stripestripe, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Wlan is dead? no connections are available

1. Wlan is dead? no connections are available - Similar Threads - Wlan dead connections

2. Automatic WLAN connection failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic WLAN connection failed: Hi allEven it is tick to automatic connect to the spezific WLAN-Net, after a PC-Reboot if failes. When I do it later manually then if works, and I can connect to the WLAN.Thank you for any help.Martin...
  3. Automatic WLAN connection failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic WLAN connection failed: Hi allEven it is tick to automatic connect to the spezific WLAN-Net, after a PC-Reboot if failes. When I do it later manually then if works, and I can connect to the WLAN.Thank you for any help.Martin...
  4. WLAN Outgoing connections not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WLAN Outgoing connections not working: Hi, I have a problem with my computer that has been present for about two months...Every time I need to host some sort of LAN connection from my computer For example a web server it never works. I am on a laptop connecting to my network wirelessly. Other computers cannot even...
  5. WLAN Outgoing connections not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WLAN Outgoing connections not working: Hi, I have a problem with my computer that has been present for about two months...Every time I need to host some sort of LAN connection from my computer For example a web server it never works. I am on a laptop connecting to my network wirelessly. Other computers cannot even...
  6. WLAN Outgoing connections not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. WLAN missing from Network Connections

WLAN missing from Network Connections: Wifi is missing from my network connections, even in device manager, in network adapter, the wireless driver or option is not there. how could I fix this??...
  8. WLAN Autoconfig Service not available

WLAN Autoconfig Service not available: Hi, I am facing problem in connecting my WIFI. I am having windows 10 Pro but in Services WLAN Autoconfig is not showing. Also WlanSvc is not available. [ATTACH]...
  9. wlan connection not showing up

wlan connection not showing up: [ATTACH]My wlan just shows this^ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wlan-connection-not-showing-up/b54f4e71-9943-4c89-96b6-10e3f73f544a
  10. Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi

Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi: Hey there, I have a problem connecting to my Wifi. The problem started when my I started my PC after sleep mode or Hibernation, earlier I updated my Windows 10. [ATTACH] There is no WiFi option available in Networks setting and also the WiFi adapter is absent from Device...