Windows 10: WLAN problems after upgrade to W10

Discus and support WLAN problems after upgrade to W10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I've upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now it says there are "no connections available", although my Wifi is working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stijn, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Stijn Win User

WLAN problems after upgrade to W10

Hello everyone!

I've upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now it says there are "no connections available", although my Wifi is working perfectly on other devices. I've been checking and trying some things, but nothing seems to work. This is what I know:

- I made sure WLAN isn't disabled using Fn+F2
    - When I check my network adapters, 'wireless' is not connected
    - Windows Wireless service isn't running
    - WLAN Autoconfig is set to 'automatic', but the status is 'stopped'. When I try to start it, I get Error 1068: "The dependency or group failed to start the WLAN Auto Config service on the local computer"

So with every solution I try, I find a lot of other things that don't work. I really don't know what to do, can someone help me?

:)

Stijn, Jul 30, 2015

2. W10 Removal and Reinstall

I took advantage of the free W10 upgrade on my (older) Dell laptop. Once installed, was happy...until an automatic update changed my WLAN driver. Download speeds went from 26 Mbps to 100 Kbps. Figured out the problem, but I could not roll back driver in
    W10, so I reinstalled W7Pro and manually restored functional WLAN driver.

Problem: MS now says my W7 version is not genuine, and won't let me re-download W10. Help! Either I want (1) a restored, functional W7Pro, or (2) preferably to reinstall W10 and just live with manually rolling back the WLAN driver every time W10 does an
    ever-so-helpful driver update.

YehoshuaMizrachi, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Home Networks or Workgroups connecting W7 W10 systems

I state preliminarily, that W10 and W7 are incompatible as following:

WORKGROUP Level

W10 is downward compaible to W7, if I ignore some minor problems, that are to solve at permission level on the accessed objects.

HOMEGroup

The HOMEGroups create in the W7 System is not recognized by W10, (there was temprorary connection fading out in the next test), and reverse. I created HOMEGroups in W10, not recognized in W7 and in reverse order also, after leaving the HOMEGroup in the other
    system respectively.

I also shut´d down systems an WLAN, wait 10 minutes, restarted the WLAN, restarted the systems. Also this trial cleanup did´nt help. The situation was as above, WORKROUP and HOMEGroup, a problem resolutin for HOMEGroups

dod´nt resolve.

Thank you for supporting me.

Dear moderation, or another user, please set this message to "answer" state

hagenvontronje, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Stijn Win User

Ethernet cable works perfectly btw.

Stijn, Jul 30, 2015
  5. You probably need to update to the latest from your manufacturer's website and not from Windows update. See if you can detect WiFi networks after the update.

theveterans, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WLAN problems after upgrade to W10 - Similar Threads - WLAN problems upgrade

2. Wlan Probleme OneNote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wlan Probleme OneNote: Hallo,sobald ich mit einem Wland verbunden bin, dauert es nur kurz und das Verbindungszeichen switcht auf folgendes Zeichen: Ich kann zwar noch das Internet benutzen, jedoch steht in OneNote, dass ich mich anmelden soll und sobald ich das versuche, heißt es es besteht keine...
  3. Wlan Probleme OneNote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wlan Probleme OneNote: Hallo,sobald ich mit einem Wland verbunden bin, dauert es nur kurz und das Verbindungszeichen switcht auf folgendes Zeichen: Ich kann zwar noch das Internet benutzen, jedoch steht in OneNote, dass ich mich anmelden soll und sobald ich das versuche, heißt es es besteht keine...
  4. No WLAN after Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WLAN after Windows Update?: Yesterday I downloaded the latest win10 update on my laptop. After rebooting I can't receive WLAN anymore, a restart of my laptop and router didn't help. Other devices can connect to the WLAN, but not the laptop. If I connect my laptop to the router with a cable I have...
  5. Ownership locked after upgrading to W10

Ownership locked after upgrading to W10: Got a new computer with Windows 10, reconnected my external HDD with all my files. Most files audio and video on the external HDD are mysteriously blocked, not related to file extensions some files with same extension work, others don't. Tried to log in as Administrator...
  6. Wlan card upgrade on laptop

Wlan card upgrade on laptop: Hi guys, I wanna upgrade the Wlan card on my Inspiron 1545. I know the right size but some of the cards come with Bluetooth and my laptop already has a separate Bluetooth module. Will this be a problem or I have to buy a wlan card without bluetooth integrated. If you already...
  7. Recent W10 Upgrade and Ethernet Problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent W10 Upgrade and Ethernet Problems.: With the recent 10/10 upgrade began having problems with connecting to the Internet and Edge would not find any sites. got onto Windows help who acknowledged some issues. They advised adding a setting to my Ethernet properties which I did. This then dropped out each time I...
  8. Clean install after upgrading to W10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install after upgrading to W10?: It appears that I have to upgrade install w10 to get the free W10. After that, is it possible to clean install the W10 in place of the W10 install upgraded from W7 or W8.1? 9204
  9. display problems after W10 upgrade from W7 home premium;

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display problems after W10 upgrade from W7 home premium;: Have twice tried to go to W10 from W7 home premium (64 bit)on my gateway DX4300 w AMD phenom II X64 2.60 GHz and 8GB RAM. Integrated ATI Radeon 3200HD graphics. Both times same problems. 1. Display no longer fills entire monitor screen and I cannot find a scaling adjustment...
  10. WLAN Disabled randomly at login screen after W10 Fall Creators Update

WLAN Disabled randomly at login screen after W10 Fall Creators Update: Greetings everyone: Running Windows 10 Home x64. I noticed ever since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update has been installed, when the system is powered up at the login lock screen, either the WiFi will be enabled and work normally or it will be disabled and when I click on...