Windows 10: WLAN Traces folder appeared on the desktop

Discus and support WLAN Traces folder appeared on the desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, One folder named 'WLAN Traces' suddenly appeared on my Windows 10 desktop and wondering how I can get it rid off it, tried to delete it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fahdm, May 12, 2017.

1. Fahdm Win User

WLAN Traces folder appeared on the desktop

Hi everyone,

One folder named 'WLAN Traces' suddenly appeared on my Windows 10 desktop and wondering how I can get it rid off it, tried to delete it but it shows that I require permission.

Thank you,

:)

Fahdm, May 12, 2017
  2. Fahdm Win User

Wlan Traces folder on the desktop

Hi,

I haven't made any particular steps hat made WLAN Traces folder appear.

Here's what happens when I try to delete it;

WLAN Traces folder appeared on the desktop [​IMG]

So even when I click continue as the administrator, I get that I still require the permission.

When I delete the ETL files that are inside, I can delete the folder afterwards, but it comes back when I restart the computer.

Thanks,

Regards,

Fahdm, May 12, 2017
  3. Wlan Traces folder on the desktop

Hi,

Can you provide us the steps you have taken that made the WLAN Traces folder appear on your desktop? What happens when you try to view, move, or delete it? Are you getting any error messages? Please send us a screenshot.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, May 12, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Check out this discussion at Microsoft: Wlan trace files .ETL. As for the traces file, you could try a tool like Unlocker to see it it will remove it for you. If that fails, you may need to boot to Windows 10 install media or a rescue disk (like Kyhi's) and then delete the file(s) from the command line.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 14, 2017
  5. Fahdm Win User
    That solved it, there is he solution in the Microsoft discussion; Thank you very much

Fahdm, May 14, 2017
  6. Fahdm Win User
    I thought that I finally got rid off the folder, but actually not. Now I can delete it without any problems but it keeps coming back when I restart the computer. However, there's only the following 2 files inside instead of 3;

Fahdm, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. WLAN Traces folder appeared on the desktop - Similar Threads - WLAN Traces folder

2. Windows 11 - Folders appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Folders appearing on desktop: As the title says, all my folders that are located in my "desktop" area in files keep on appearing on my desktop/where your shortcuts are normally at. I find this really annoying dont judge me lol but i don't want the folders appearing on my desktop, i tried to delete them...
  3. Libraries folder appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Libraries folder appearing on desktop: Hello, The "Libraries" folder randomly appeared on my desktop with no option to be removed. Additionally, it is not appearing in the folder "Desktop. " How do I remove this folder? Thank you....
  4. Libraries folder appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Libraries folder appearing on desktop: Hello, The "Libraries" folder randomly appeared on my desktop with no option to be removed. Additionally, It is not appearing in the folder "Desktop. " How do I remove this folder? Thank you....
  5. Libraries folder appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Libraries folder appearing on desktop: Hello, The "Libraries" folder randomly appeared on my desktop with no option to be removed. Additionally, It is not appearing in the folder "Desktop. " How do I remove this folder? Thank you....
  6. The Desktop folder appears as Downloads.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Desktop folder appears as Downloads.: Windows 10 x64 1909. File Explorer shows two Downloads folders. Desktop is the icon of what should be Desktop, but it says the name is Downloads. I would be glad if I have any other option but to restore factory settings. submitted by /u/Ucansin77 [link] [comments]...
  7. Desktop Heap tracing issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Heap tracing issue: I am running a WPF application which include some VB.net , and C++ component on windows 10. After running it for some hours it gives me warning "A desktop heap allocation failed." in event viewer for source Win32k with event id 243. I tried to install demonheap which was...
  8. Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder.

Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder.: Some people may have run into this problem. Here's a possible solution. Copy the desktop icon and paste it into another folder like the download folder. Rename the icon you have created. Put it on the desktop. It should appear on both the desktop and in the desktop folder....
  9. Pictures Folder Appearing on Desktop

Pictures Folder Appearing on Desktop: For some reason a folder named “Pictures” (path C;\Users\Jolene\Desktop) comes up when I startup. I then delete it and in the course of a day it just appears 4 or 5 more times. In the folder, there is a "Saved Pictures" folder that is empty. Why is this happening? Thank...
  10. Change appearance of desktop files and folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change appearance of desktop files and folders: Hi community, I recently resented my PC and now the desktop icons appear more narrow then before. The problem is not the size. I attached the appearance of how it is at the moment (narrow) and how it was used to be (desired). Please let me know how this can be changed as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WlanTraces

2. folder appeared in network DESKTOP-