Windows 10: WLM 2012 woes in Windows 10 14316

Discus and support WLM 2012 woes in Windows 10 14316 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 14316 While running WLM 2012 I encountered a BSOD. Something to do with Kmode exception. After computer restarted,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tracit99, Apr 6, 2016.

1. tracit99 Win User

WLM 2012 woes in Windows 10 14316

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 14316

While running WLM 2012 I encountered a BSOD. Something to do with Kmode exception. After computer restarted, the WLM 2012 icon was solid white. Program would not start. Tried repair through Control panel Programs and Features. Program still would not start. Removed WLM 2012 and restarted computer. Installed WLM 2012 and now it starts. However, sync errors with MS account and calendar are occurring. I am not sure what to do next.

:)

tracit99, Apr 6, 2016

2. WLM 2012 stopped working under windows 10 on Dec 11 after I installed the requested update d-Mail.msp

I had WLM 2011 on a machine. I uninstalled it and installed WLM 2012. WLM 2012 works after adding a Hotmail and an Outlook account. I ran d-Mail.msp and WLM 2012 is broken. Win 10 1511 with all updates.

enttaeuscht, Apr 6, 2016
  3. Glenn_id4 Win User
    WLM 2012 stopped working under windows 10 on Dec 11 after I installed the requested update d-Mail.msp

ok , I did your procedure on my computer and WLM 2012 still crashes upon opening.

I went to a different pc that has never had any version if WLM installed.

1. installed WLM 2012

2. restart windows

3. start windows and run WLM ... ok it wants me to create accounts ... I cancel that.

4. restart windows

5. apply d-Mail.msp

6. restart windows

7. start windows and run WLM ... ok it wants me to create accounts ... I cancel that.

8. click on contacts ... WLM asks me to login so it can get contacts from my Hotmail account

9. login to Hotmail and WLM 2012 stopped working.

10. restart windows

11. open WLM 2012 and it sops working immediately every time.

Both computers are Windows 10 and fully updated.

Glenn_id4, Apr 6, 2016
  4. anotherca Win User

I do not get a BSOD, but maybe this will help...

As a Windows 10 Insider (Fast track) at least once a week or so a new build is delivered. Its great to see some things get better, but not for my trusty email. I know what is in store for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (WLM) - which will break.

It started with a bad KB update for WLM late in 2015 but it was not exactly a root cause. Later the KB was fixed but did not help the re-occurring problems. Microsoft wants you to use MAIL (Modern) or Outlook ($) now - but MAIL is lousy at doing multiple accounts and drag and drop is just not there. Maybe it will get better, but posts like this one and others indicate its not.

Here is what I do EVERY time on a new upgrade/updated OS in order to get some 10-12 email accounts in WLM to sync and work without error popups, lost text etc.

C:\Windows.old gets created (renamed from the older existing setup each time) and files are saved there for undoing a Windows installation upgrade.

1. I use two logons as admin. After the upgrade or update completes I log on to 1st account profile that has WLM with one email account for brevity sake.
    2. I run Windows update again and lately its trying to update VS C++ 2012 but just fails. I have downloaded the last WLM install in case it needs a repair (See link below) which is run less lately - but may fix other problems. It runs (repairs) really fast.
    3. The 4 files that I then copy are from the previous Windows version & are located in the path: C:\Windows.old\WINDOWS\SysWOW64. If you have a new install these files may not be in any .old folder. They should come in with the redistributables below but as yet I am not sure where MS parks them, as they do not just go into the folder I use in .old source above. They seem to exist in my other computers as well and are older dates.
    4. The files that need copying in my experiment are: msvcp100.dll, msvcp110.dll, msvcr100.dll and msvcr110.dll. Why these? Because of error pop ups indicate these files for many apps - not just WLM. I also keep a copy of them on my desktop in case the .old gets zonked.
    5. As soon as I log on to this 1st profile (1st boot after upgrade) and close any offending popups like Adobe Reader, icloud.exe (iTunes etc.) I copy these 4 files to C:\Windows\SysWOW64. If they are there you can copy over them and allow any admin warning. Note: User Account Control may have to be lowered first in Control Panel.
    5. If you have not gotten those C++ redistributables you can install each version you need, 2010 SP1, 2012 update 4 and perhaps 2015 update 1 if needed. Start with installing x86 versions, reboot and then x64 if applicable and reboot - each time for each version. This step may not be necessary after you do an upgrade once.
    6. Open WLM and let it sync the account. Mine is an MSN account but yours will vary. It should work. I have yahoo, hotmail, live and MSN accounts. Why not Outlook? I do use it for archiving to PST, but this is a WLM problem.
    7. Reboot and logon to the second account where WLM has more accounts (in my case). It should work again, and it will be a longer set of sync's if you have multiple accounts - as usual for me. You do not have to redo the steps above again.

Remember to reboot often as these are system files and can be necessary to initialize.

I also have witnessed the files dissapear like magic during a non related Asus problem when opening WLM the 1st time when these files already exist, but do not get this warning every build, so copying them again never hurts. I just try it once to get thru an initial open of WLM, copy if it fails to sync or show content, close and copy again, open and it looks great.

I have used these steps every build, once per week to keep WLM and other programs running. If I just run through the copy of the 4 files first I skip the 'lets see' part...other times I want to check if its fixed. I have reported it every build but who knows what gets read.

Link Sources - Keep track of where you download them to and save them in folders for re-use:

Windows Essential 2012 setup in case of repair - wlsetup-web.exe
    Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (WLM)
    (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/essentials)
    Visual C++ 2010 SP 1 Redistributable Package
    vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe
    (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=5555)
    Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package
    VC_redist.x86.exe and VC_redist.x64.exe
    (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=30679)
    Visual C++ Redistributale for Visual Studio 2015 update 1
    VC_redist.x86.exe and VC_redist.x64.exe
    (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=49984)

It is improper for me to send you files so hopefully the links stay alive. I monitor these types of WLM problem posts occasionally but don't always have time to reply. Good Luck!

Regards.

anotherca, Apr 20, 2016
  5. tracit99 Win User
    In the past week things have improved, but still see some small syncing errors with a .msn account. I have almost daily entries in the Recovered file folder.

tracit99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WLM 2012 woes in Windows 10 14316 - Similar Threads - WLM 2012 woes

2. View Slide Show in WLM 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    View Slide Show in WLM 2012: I know Microsoft quit supporting Windows Live Mail 2012 but if there's somweone still using it as I am, please tell me how to activate my "View Slide Show" option in incoming email messages. Mine is still blue, like it's a live link but when you click on it, it takes me to...
  3. WLM 2012 Won't Display A "Clickable" Link

in Browsers and Email
    WLM 2012 Won't Display A "Clickable" Link: I'm new at this Win 10 version 1909 thing so be patient. :) I'm using Chrome with WLM 2012. My trouble is for instance: When I go to YouTube and watch a short video clip that I want to send to friends in email, I highlight the web address and press Ctrl + C. I open a new...
  4. Problems With WLM 2012

in Browsers and Email
    Problems With WLM 2012: Good Morning folks. This is my first visit here. I'm in Ontario Canada and YES it's cold here lol. As you might expect, I'm looking for help with an issue I can't seem to resolve. I recently was forced to upgrade to Win 10 (ver# 1909 build# 18363-592) from Win 7. As stated...
  5. Backing Up WLM 2012 Prior To Clean Installation Of Windows 10 Pro

in Browsers and Email
    Backing Up WLM 2012 Prior To Clean Installation Of Windows 10 Pro: I did the upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. Privacy concerns aside, I like Windows 10. I haven't had any problems with software and hardware compatibility. I use 27 different email accounts within WLM 2012, for a variety of reasons. Many of these email...
  6. wlm 2012 issue after upgrading from 7.1

in Browsers and Email
    wlm 2012 issue after upgrading from 7.1: Since upgrading from win 7/64 we have had probs with wlm 2012. In essence we can receive but can't send. after creating the email and clicking send, there is no response at all. Using any other email address renders the same problem. We have a Lineone address which uses...
  7. WLM 2012 Trouble With One Email Account

in Browsers and Email
    WLM 2012 Trouble With One Email Account: I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64, upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I experienced no problems with the upgrade, either during the upgrade process or after it was completed. The one problem I have concerns a single email account in WLM 2012. I have a total of 27 email...
  8. Internet Security Warning popup in WLM 2012

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Security Warning popup in WLM 2012: Anyone have a fix for the Internet Security Warning Popup in WLM 2012. Security certificate cannot be verified is the short version of this popup. If you say yes you can continue, if no you end up with a wlm error 0x800CCC1A. Cannot find a fix. 76393
  9. Windows 10 and WLM 2012 (Solved)

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 and WLM 2012 (Solved): I upgraded today to windows 10 and my WLM is not working, it never gets beyond the splash screen. I had 2011 so tried installing 2012 and still no dice. Even tried running as administrator. I have some vital saved emails that I need to print out. Yes I know I should have done...
  10. Windows 10 Restored & WLM 2012 removed - How to restore WLM 2012

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Restored & WLM 2012 removed - How to restore WLM 2012: Unable to download and restore WLM 2012 after doing a Windows 10 restore on May 24, 2017. Message says Microsoft stop supporting Windows Live Essentials in January 2017. Any suggestions for reinstalling WLM 2012? Is Windows Live Mail 2012 available from anywhere besides...