Windows 10: wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library

Discus and support wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Upgraded from 64-bit Win 7 pro to Win 10 v1607 build 14393.693. .wma files associated with windows media player 11 (32 bit?). Files show in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by auntiebk, Feb 22, 2017.

1. auntiebk Win User

wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library

Upgraded from 64-bit Win 7 pro to Win 10 v1607 build 14393.693.
    .wma files associated with windows media player 11 (32 bit?).
    Files show in Windows Explorer under users\[username]\Music.
    User has full rights to folder and subs
    In Windows Explorer, doubleclicking file plays any song using Windows Media Player.
    But launching Windows Media Player, and opening Library shows only one song.
    In Explorer, the song's artist is 6th in a long list and that album has 10 songs.

Have tried removing the library and re-adding it. No luck.

Thanks in advance!

:)

auntiebk, Feb 22, 2017

2. re: Nokia N73 ME PC Suite Software CD

and if you want to transfer WMA files then I recommend you use Windows Media Player 11 and connect the phone in Media Player mode. (Or use Nokia Music
    http://musicstore.nokia.com/)

Don't use Windows Explorer or Nokia music manager.

jacobsladder---01, Feb 22, 2017
  3. Libraries?? What's the difference between Windows Media Player Libraries and File Explorer Libraries?

Hi Community,

I am trying to find out

1: how to use Windows 10 File Explorer libraries?

2: what libraries are for?

3: how Windows 10 File Explorer libraries are different or similar to Windows Media Player libraries?

4: Where does Windows Media Player get its media database from?

I see Libraries listed in File Explorer and the subfolders Music, Pictures, Videos.

I have found out how to add folders to them. (by right clicking the folder I want to add and clicking 'include in library', then choose the appropriate library for the file type).

When I open Windows Media Player, I can choose Music, Pictures or Video from the list on the left of the player. However, the files in Windows Media Player Video Library are not the same ones as the files I've added to the File Explorer Video Library.

Any helpful advice appreciated.

EvelynMorton, Feb 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I will assume you have the songs in a folder, and have added that folder to WMP's library.
    (Organise, Manage Libraries).

I tried this with 6 Celine Dion songs, whose tags were rather random in their content.
    They were all added, but whether I saw them listed by WMP or not depended on which view I chose.

2 examples:
    All music - 5 of 6 were listed consecutively, 1 later in the list, probably because the contributing artist tag field had Celine Dion as the second artist.

Album- Only one was obviously listed as Celine Dion. 5 were listed.
    The missing one had nothing specified in the Album tag field.

My suggestions:
    a. examine the tags carefully. Are they consistent and complete?
    b. try different views in WMP

dalchina, Feb 24, 2017
  5. auntiebk Win User
    Tried to add folders under manage library but they do not show in WMA.
    How can I examine tags?

Many thanks.

wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library [​IMG]

auntiebk, Feb 26, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Tags:
    1. mp3tag (free)
    2. In explorer use
    File Metadata - Home
    and View details
    3. Audioshell (free) adds rt click option.
    4. Add columns in explorer

wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library - Similar Threads - wma files Explorer

2. WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER: I used to be able to play my music files extension WMA and recently, MEDIA PLAYER has stopped supporting the WMA file extensions.Is there anyway that I can get the WMA music files to play?[ couldn't find a category to post this - please move if required ]...
  3. WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER: I used to be able to play my music files extension WMA and recently, MEDIA PLAYER has stopped supporting the WMA file extensions.Is there anyway that I can get the WMA music files to play?[ couldn't find a category to post this - please move if required ]...
  4. is there a way to play old WMA files on windows 10 Windows Media Player ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is there a way to play old WMA files on windows 10 Windows Media Player ?: Have old WMA files that played successfully on Windows Vista. When I copy them tp my Windows 10 PC I cannot open them with Windows Media Player or Groove or any other music players. I would like to be able to play them and/or convert them to MP3 files but have found...
  5. Windows Media Player will not add any files to it's library.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player will not add any files to it's library.: I've tried all the known help like disabling WMP, restarting, reenabling WMP and restarting again but these simply do not work. I'm current on updates and all so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm really hoping someone out there has a solution to this problem....
  6. Media Player Library

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player Library: My Media Play is finding incorrect information when I Rip CD's, how do I use/change to a more reliable source for this information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-library/2a6e12e5-a529-40dc-9a28-e516a076ebcd
  7. Windows Media Player converting wma files to mp3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player converting wma files to mp3: I have a lot of old wma music files from an older computer that died years ago. I moved the files to my new computer but I am unable to convert them to mp3 files because of wma license on the previous computer. If I am success they will not play on what ever device I put...
  8. Windows Media Player Library

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Media Player Library: This has started popping up on my monitor. Never have seen it before today. Anyone else with this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-library/d848f55a-dc62-4cc1-94f7-c49e27f497a6"
  9. Windows Media Player and WMA files

Windows Media Player and WMA files: I have a large number of WAV and WMA files on external storage. I am new to Windows Media Player on Windows 10, so some of the following may see rudimentary. I have researched WAV/WMA and the net seems to imply that WAV does not support metadata in the form of file details,...
  10. wma files wont play on windows media player

wma files wont play on windows media player: bought a new pc with windows 10 and windows media player and now I cant play my windows media audio files on windows media player. support accessed my computer and couldn't fix the problem.. Now I have years worth of music and other files I cant use. its a joke when windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player not updating wma file explorer