Windows 10: wma files wont play on windows media player

Discus and support wma files wont play on windows media player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; bought a new pc with windows 10 and windows media player and now I cant play my windows media audio files on windows media player. support accessed my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dan6260, Jul 24, 2018.

1. dan6260 Win User

wma files wont play on windows media player

bought a new pc with windows 10 and windows media player and now I cant play my windows media audio files on windows media player. support accessed my computer and couldn't fix the problem.. Now I have years worth of music and other files I cant use. its a joke when windows files don't play on widows media player.

:)

dan6260, Jul 24, 2018

2. Windows Media Player not playing WMA Files

Windows Media Player is not playing WMA Files, after an update to windows 10 was installed about 6 mths ago. how do I restore the wma playing feature or is there a conversion available to transfer files from WMA TO MP3?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Andrew2Clubs, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Download WMA File to Windows Media Player.

Unable to download a WMA File to Windows Media Player. WMP "HELP" is unable to offer any suggestion. I am trying to change a WMA file to MP3.

I'm not too bright, but will appreciate any suggestions.

P.JeromeRoach, Jul 24, 2018
  4. auntiebk Win User

wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library

Upgraded from 64-bit Win 7 pro to Win 10 v1607 build 14393.693.
    .wma files associated with windows media player 11 (32 bit?).
    Files show in Windows Explorer under users\[username]\Music.
    User has full rights to folder and subs
    In Windows Explorer, doubleclicking file plays any song using Windows Media Player.
    But launching Windows Media Player, and opening Library shows only one song.
    In Explorer, the song's artist is 6th in a long list and that album has 10 songs.

Have tried removing the library and re-adding it. No luck.

Thanks in advance!

auntiebk, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

1. wma files wont play on windows media player - Similar Threads - wma files wont

2. WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER: I used to be able to play my music files extension WMA and recently, MEDIA PLAYER has stopped supporting the WMA file extensions.Is there anyway that I can get the WMA music files to play?[ couldn't find a category to post this - please move if required ]...
  3. WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER: I used to be able to play my music files extension WMA and recently, MEDIA PLAYER has stopped supporting the WMA file extensions.Is there anyway that I can get the WMA music files to play?[ couldn't find a category to post this - please move if required ]...
  4. is there a way to play old WMA files on windows 10 Windows Media Player ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is there a way to play old WMA files on windows 10 Windows Media Player ?: Have old WMA files that played successfully on Windows Vista. When I copy them tp my Windows 10 PC I cannot open them with Windows Media Player or Groove or any other music players. I would like to be able to play them and/or convert them to MP3 files but have found...
  5. MEDIA PLAYER WONT PLAY DVD

in Windows 10 Customization
    MEDIA PLAYER WONT PLAY DVD: Media player is not playing DVD movie says disc is empty when it is a movie DVD. I have tried going into the Files ,Play View and Tools sections to work it out but all dead ends .I'm running Windows 10. What can I do ?...
  6. XML audio files wont play on Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XML audio files wont play on Windows Media Player: Hi there, How do I play XML Audio documents, imported from my recording device, on Windows 10 as Windows Media Player won't play them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xml-audio-files-wont-play-on-windows-media-player/1c802cbb-8e45-4582-a212-25164ddf23bd
  7. Windows Media Player converting wma files to mp3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player converting wma files to mp3: I have a lot of old wma music files from an older computer that died years ago. I moved the files to my new computer but I am unable to convert them to mp3 files because of wma license on the previous computer. If I am success they will not play on what ever device I put...
  8. Media Player wont play ANY video files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Player wont play ANY video files: Plays music files but not video file No error message, no warning windows, nothing. Player just goes away and thats it. Fresh install of Windows 10 x64. Downloaded and installed directx files as usual. Event viewer shows - System - Provider [ Name] Application...
  9. Windows Media Player and WMA files

Windows Media Player and WMA files: I have a large number of WAV and WMA files on external storage. I am new to Windows Media Player on Windows 10, so some of the following may see rudimentary. I have researched WAV/WMA and the net seems to imply that WAV does not support metadata in the form of file details,...
  10. wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library

wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library: Upgraded from 64-bit Win 7 pro to Win 10 v1607 build 14393.693. .wma files associated with windows media player 11 (32 bit?). Files show in Windows Explorer under users\[username]\Music. User has full rights to folder and subs In Windows Explorer, doubleclicking file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player cant play wma

2. .wma music files not playing in windows 10

3. .wma files not playing windows media player 12

4. wma files will not play,
  5. windows media player will not play wma files,
  6. windows media not playing wma,
  7. why wont wma play,
  8. media player not playing wma files,
  9. wma files not playing with windows 10,
  10. cant play wma file in windows media player,
  11. wma not playing,