Windows 10: WMI report inconsistent

Discus and support WMI report inconsistent in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [running Windows 10 Creators] Hi, While investigating the "Error while updating ESET NOD32 Antivirus status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON."... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Samoreen, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Samoreen Win User

WMI report inconsistent

[running Windows 10 Creators]

Hi,

While investigating the "Error while updating ESET NOD32 Antivirus status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON." problem, I discovered something rather strange...

If I go to Security and Maintenance, the system reports that ESET NOD32 is turned on. However, if I use WMIC to list the installed security products this way :

wmic /namespace:\\root\SecurityCenter2 path AntiVirusProduct get * /value

the result is : No Instance(s) available.

This is inconsistent. Or Windows doesn't use WMI in the Security Center to retrieve the installed antivirus apps. Did I miss something ?

:)

Samoreen, Sep 15, 2017

2. Windows 10 The extended attributes are inconsistent

The sound thing does not help. Task manager is still inaccessible and reports The extended attributes are inconsistent

Bruce Garrick, Sep 15, 2017
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 15, 2017
  4. LMiller7 Win User

WMI report inconsistent

I don't know how this relates to your situation but I doubt the Security Center uses WMI. WMI is primarily designed for obtaining information on remote computers and for use by scripting languages such as those running under cmd.exe or powershell. Applications and Windows components generally use more efficient methods. I doubt the actual method used is publicly documented. The information may be coming from a different source than WMI uses.

LMiller7, Sep 15, 2017
  5. Samoreen Win User
    Thanks Lmiller,

So I should probably start a specific thread about the error message mentioned above.

Samoreen, Sep 15, 2017
  6. Neemobeer Win User
    When a security suite properly registers with WSC (Windows Security Center) it should have an entry in WMI. Here is the powershell version which should work
    Get-WmiObject -Namespace root\SecurityCenter2 -Query 'select * from AntivirusProduct'

Neemobeer, Sep 22, 2017
  7. Samoreen Win User
    Thanks NeemoBeer,

The problem is now fixed as mentioned in this thread. The Security Center log on was not set to System. Now WMI has the expected entries.

Samoreen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WMI report inconsistent

1. WMI report inconsistent - Similar Threads - WMI report inconsistent

2. Warning WMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Warning WMI: Windows Log>Application:- Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22621.1635, time stamp: 0xa4159e29Faulting module name: Taskbar.View.dll, version: 623.7503.10.0, time stamp: 0x6430830cException code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x0000000000043329Faulting process...
  3. Warning WMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Warning WMI: Windows Log>Application:- Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22621.1635, time stamp: 0xa4159e29Faulting module name: Taskbar.View.dll, version: 623.7503.10.0, time stamp: 0x6430830cException code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x0000000000043329Faulting process...
  4. Error WMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error WMI: I get this error "A provider, IntelMEProv, has been registered in the Windows Management Instrumentation namespace root\Intel_ME to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate...
  5. Error WMI

Error WMI: I get this error "A provider, IntelMEProv, has been registered in the Windows Management Instrumentation namespace root\Intel_ME to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate...
  6. Segoe Ui Emoji inconsistent windows 10 [bug report]

Segoe Ui Emoji inconsistent windows 10 [bug report]: I recently installed windows 10 and noticed the Segoe Ui Emoji are inconsistently rendered. Specifically, the Dagger, Satellite, and Trackball emoji are displayed as grey on transparent and in a completely different style compared to all the other emoji.This picture shows a...
  7. Segoe Ui Emoji inconsistent windows 10 [bug report]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Segoe Ui Emoji inconsistent windows 10 [bug report]: I recently installed windows 10 and noticed the Segoe Ui Emoji are inconsistently rendered. Specifically, the Dagger, Satellite, and Trackball emoji are displayed as grey on transparent and in a completely different style compared to all the other emoji.This picture shows a...
  8. Font inconsistency

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font inconsistency: Hello,I have observed that sometimes the font of some features doesn't match the default one from Windows 10. For example, let's say that the default one is Segoe UI. The search bar will not display this, instead it will show my apps with Arial font. This issue sometimes gets...
  9. WMI Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WMI Issue: In the WMI Control Properties it says, "Failed to connect to <local computer> because 'Interface: Class not registered" I came across this problem when I was trying install Waves Central. The installer told me that there may be a problem with a "corrupted or missing...
  10. WMI Will Not Start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMI Will Not Start: Hello, I am trying to start WMI as the title says, but, when I try to enable it, this shows: [ATTACH]This error showed in services.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmi-will-not-start/a1157c2f-6ece-4b5f-8a54-a571aa7420dc