Windows 10: WMP 12 in Windows 10 started displaying vides very bright

Discus and support WMP 12 in Windows 10 started displaying vides very bright in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; WMP 12 in Windows 10 started displaying vides very bright. I have used WMP 12 in Windows 10 for over 6 months and it plays all my .wmv and .mp4 files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vernreynoldsbra, May 21, 2016.

1. WMP 12 in Windows 10 started displaying vides very bright

WMP 12 in Windows 10 started displaying vides very bright.
    I have used WMP 12 in Windows 10 for over 6 months and it plays all my .wmv and .mp4 files very nicely.
    Today, all of a sudden, all videos (.wmv and .mp4, I haven't tried any other formats) display very brightly, making the video unwatchable.
    I tried the Enhancements/Video settings, but I can't make any changes, when I move the sliders on brightness, hue, contrast or saturation, nothing changes. Still very bright and it look over saturated as well.
    Could this be an update to Windows 10 that could have all of a sudden created this WMP 12 issue.
    Or what?
    I am at a loss.
    Vern Reynolds-Braun

:)

vernreynoldsbra, May 21, 2016

2. WMP 12 Streaming Errors With Windows 10 Upgrade

Actually, I tried all of that when I first had problems - uninstalling and reinstalling in the Windows Programs and Features, rebuilding the libraries both automatically and manually, etc. I cannot totally uninstall and reinstall WMP 12 because I
    cannot download WMP 12 as an app that I can install, although I do still have the WMP 11 installation program saved on my HDD.

I am not a computer genius, but I believe the fault is in the program itself and not in Windows 10 (which, besides my problems with WMP, I like very much; quite frankly, I barely remember Windows 7, and I loved Windows 7). I have the streaming music
    program Foobar 2000, and when I use that to stream music to my home theater (BTW, I don't stream wirelessly - I have a hardline to the router), it streams my folders and files EXACTLY the way WMP 12 used to do: the master folders are displayed, and the artist/album
    subfolders have the tracks arranged in track order, like the CD, and not in alphabetical order, as WMP 12 is now doing. The problem is, I like Foobar, and it runs fine under Win 10, but it doesn't start up in the task bar like WMP at startup, and also I cannot
    get it to stream my album art, which WMP 12 still does flawlessly. I can get along without the automatic startup, but I really enjoy having the album art displayed on my HDTV while I listen to music.

I truly think the problem is somewhere in the registry settings of WMP 12, but I do not like to edit the registry without specific instructions on what to do, although I have done a few registry edits before with instructions from Microsoft and other
    reputable computer folks.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I've always loved using WMP for my music and video, but now it's just really difficult to use while streaming. I really wish Microsoft would stop trying to abandon this program. With a little work you
    could probably make it the best music program in the world.

DominicLucarelli, May 21, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    WMP 12

What is the problem?

'WMP 9 or better' means WMP 9 and any later versions of WMP, i.e. WMP 9, 10, 11, 12 ... Any one of those will satisfy 'WMP 9 or better.' My copy of Windows 7 currently has WMP 12.

BulldogXX, May 21, 2016
Thema:

WMP 12 in Windows 10 started displaying vides very bright

1. WMP 12 in Windows 10 started displaying vides very bright - Similar Threads - WMP started displaying

2. Disable WMP 12 sync function on Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable WMP 12 sync function on Win10: Okay, I've looked at a lot of answers for this and nothing resembles *my* WMP.I have two ext. SSDs connected to my computer. Originally, I wasn't having any issues. Lately, WMP/UMDF Driver Host Process hammers my SSDs when I run it and never seems to stop. For now, I'm...
  3. Disable WMP 12 sync function on Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable WMP 12 sync function on Win10: Okay, I've looked at a lot of answers for this and nothing resembles *my* WMP.I have two ext. SSDs connected to my computer. Originally, I wasn't having any issues. Lately, WMP/UMDF Driver Host Process hammers my SSDs when I run it and never seems to stop. For now, I'm...
  4. How to Recover WMP 12? Troubleshooter has no WMP, no checkbox etc

How to Recover WMP 12? Troubleshooter has no WMP, no checkbox etc: This is a way out-of-date Windows 10 Home Ver 1607 HP laptop on which the user 'accidentally' clobbered WMP 12 and now wants it back. I tried the recommended way but the entire entry for Windows Media Player is missing from the Media features list. There's no "feature" to...
  5. Missing album aer in WMP 12

Missing album aer in WMP 12: I accidentally clicked the icon in the right corner and the art on the album playing disappeared, i tried every album and it's the same, the art is still there wwhen i look at the right side details, but not in compact mode, this is weird, can someone help me out here please?...
  6. wmp 12 or groove music needs codec

wmp 12 or groove music needs codec: windows 10 windows media player 12 or groove music can't play wma file needs codec to play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-12-or-groove-music-needs-codec/b1064568-ccec-47a9-bb38-6caa4d42fd06
  7. WMP 12 shortcuts

WMP 12 shortcuts: the shortcut for fast forward is locked in as ctrl-shift-rt arrow. Unfortunately it takes over in all programs. For example, when I use it to select a word in Word, Outlook, IE, etc, it does a FF in WMP. How do I fix this or turn it off so that I can use this shortcut in...
  8. wmp 12 win 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wmp 12 win 10 64bit: habe ausversehen den wmp deistalliert.wie kann ich denwmp wieder herstellen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-12-win-10-64bit/9313d593-56b7-4085-89fb-7654e6fb1bb0
  9. WMP 12 'missing'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WMP 12 'missing': I may have inadvertently binned WMP! The folder is there in Program Files with some items but not winplayer.exe. I've looked in windowsfeatures and it just has a folder Media Features (ticked) but nothing else....
  10. WMP 12 problem.

WMP 12 problem.: Has anybody ever had this happen while watching a movie on WMP 12? I am running the latest Windows 10 update. Version 12.0.15063 [img] This anomaly comes and goes quickly (only a few frames then back to normal) on what seems to be scenes with a lot happening. It took me...