Windows 10: WMP 12 problem.

Discus and support WMP 12 problem. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Has anybody ever had this happen while watching a movie on WMP 12? I am running the latest Windows 10 update. Version 12.0.15063 [img] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MattNA, Jun 3, 2017.

1. MattNA Win User

WMP 12 problem.

Has anybody ever had this happen while watching a movie on WMP 12? I am running the latest Windows 10 update. Version 12.0.15063

WMP 12 problem. [​IMG]

This anomaly comes and goes quickly (only a few frames then back to normal) on what seems to be scenes with a lot happening. It took me more than just a few times to capture this pic.

It doesn't happen with Plex or Kodi. It is an MKV file made with MakeMKV on a Qnap NAS. I watch via an HTPC on a 1080P plasma.

By the looks of it, WMP is breaking up. Maybe I just need a new HDMI cable? Who knows! lol

Your help will be appreciated.

:)

MattNA, Jun 3, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

WMP 12

What is the problem?

'WMP 9 or better' means WMP 9 and any later versions of WMP, i.e. WMP 9, 10, 11, 12 ... Any one of those will satisfy 'WMP 9 or better.' My copy of Windows 7 currently has WMP 12.

BulldogXX, Jun 3, 2017
  3. No rip tab on Windows media player 12

Original Title[wmp 12]

hi I have a laptop with external cd recorder I have windows 10 and updated wmp 12 now ripped cds before upgrade now theres no rip tab on wmp 12 were is it thanks

elizabethbackhouse, Jun 3, 2017
  4. MattNA Win User

WMP 12 problem.

Could this be an HDMI cable? I've never had one go bad on me. I don't what it would look like.

MattNA, Jun 3, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Try the obvious:
    1. Does WMP play any other video format successfully?
    2. Does a different media player play that file successfully?

dalchina, Jun 4, 2017
  6. MattNA Win User
    Thanks for responding. I appreciate it.

I found a solution. More of a workaround.
    I'm using Plex again. Plex and I have a love, hate relationship of sorts. Every time (it seems) Plex does an update something else is broken.

Long story short Plex is easyer to fix then WMA.

Thanks again.

MattNA, Jun 6, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    I use VLC [VideoLAN] for playing .mkv and .flv files along with a number of other formats, especially when WMP won't.

Berton, Jun 6, 2017
  8. MattNA Win User

WMP 12 problem.

Absolutely. I think my movies all being MKV and WMP not supporting MKV may be the problem.

I even downloaded a Codec pack for WMP that had support for MKV. I immediately got a warning from WMP that all third party codecs have been disabled.

That's when I had that light bulb moment. lol WMP wants you in the Microsoft ecosystem. Oh well. VLC was or still is one of my choices in my quest for an all-in-one (movies, music. pictures, etc..) media player.

MattNA, Jun 6, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    I have one or two mkv documentaries, and these play in WMP.

But mkv is a container- it's not just one single rigid standard. So it might be that WMP could play some mkv files and not others. (And no, I've not downloaded any CODECs).

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WMP 12 problem.

1. WMP 12 problem. - Similar Threads - WMP problem

2. My WMP is not displaying the right lyrics dispite the fact that I saved them correctly. I

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My WMP is not displaying the right lyrics dispite the fact that I saved them correctly. I: i have deleted the appdata as advised by Marvin's post. Still the wrong lyrics. I have tried to use Mp3tag, that shows again the right lyrics but when played they are for a completely different song.Anyone can point me in the right direction please?Thnak you EV...
  3. My WMP is not displaying the right lyrics dispite the fact that I saved them correctly. I

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My WMP is not displaying the right lyrics dispite the fact that I saved them correctly. I: i have deleted the appdata as advised by Marvin's post. Still the wrong lyrics. I have tried to use Mp3tag, that shows again the right lyrics but when played they are for a completely different song.Anyone can point me in the right direction please?Thnak you EV...
  4. WMP error when trying to rip a CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMP error when trying to rip a CD: I'm trying to rip a relatively old CD, and for some reason, WMP returns the "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD." error. I've already tried removing unavailable locations, the rip quality is set to maximum, the Error Correction setting is on, the...
  5. WMP error when trying to rip a CD

WMP error when trying to rip a CD: I'm trying to rip a relatively old CD, and for some reason, WMP returns the "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD." error. I've already tried removing unavailable locations, the rip quality is set to maximum, the Error Correction setting is on, the...
  6. WMP crashes/not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMP crashes/not responding: When I'm trying to rip my old CD collection, WMP will continually stop/not responding error when I'm both trying to add the song track and during the ripping. It eventually frees up, but it takes over an hour to rip one disc. Is there any solution for this?Running on Windows...
  7. WMP crashes/not responding

WMP crashes/not responding: When I'm trying to rip my old CD collection, WMP will continually stop/not responding error when I'm both trying to add the song track and during the ripping. It eventually frees up, but it takes over an hour to rip one disc. Is there any solution for this?Running on Windows...
  8. WMP Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMP Problem: WMP will not play dvd from public library. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-problem/b017d55e-d09f-4942-9fb5-ade496451ad3
  9. WMP Problem

WMP Problem: Hello, I am looking for help please. I have a laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to make WMP the default programme for playing video clips. I know WMP is installed although it does not show on the list of programmes in the Start A/Z index. I have been googling around...
  10. WMP Server Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP Server Problem: I recently purchased a new HP laptop preinstalled with Windows 10. I set up the Windows Media Player to act as a server to my other devices as I did on my previous laptop running Windows 7. That includes my music, video, and photos. However only the music folder shows up on...