Windows 10: WMP does not stream to networked DLNA devices

Discus and support WMP does not stream to networked DLNA devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 PCs (call them PC-A and PC-B) on a hard-wired home network which includes two DLNA devices, a music player and a TV. Both PCs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JWhiter, Sep 6, 2015.

1. JWhiter Win User

WMP does not stream to networked DLNA devices

I have two Windows 10 PCs (call them PC-A and PC-B) on a hard-wired home network which includes two DLNA devices, a music player and a TV. Both PCs were recently upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate x64 to Windows 10 Pro x64 and both are set up to stream media to the DLNA devices and each other from WMP12. Streaming worked fine from both PCs under Windows 7. After the upgrade PC-B is still OK, but PC-A will no longer stream to any networked device. There was only one difference between the two PCs in the installation of Windows 10: the system drive (Drive C)on PC-A (the PC that will no longer stream) is an SSD and is too small to contain the data of the two Users of the computer so after the installation I had to move the User Folders from that drive to another drive, a HDD (Driver D). This was how the User folders of PC-A were set up under Windows 7 so nothing was really changed. The User folders on PC-B are all in the default system Drive for that computer as this is the only drive on this computer. As for the DLNA devices, they both see the Windows streaming locations for both computers but when you open, say, PC-A/User/videos on the TV the file list is not populated while PC-B/User/videos shows all files present in the video library of PC-B and plays them all successfully. Similarly, on PC-B the media libraries of PC-A show under the "Other Libraries" tab of WMP but when you open, say, "Other Libraries/User (PC-A)/videos the library appears to contain no files and there is a message that says "No files have been found on this remote library". Can you please advise me on how I can get PC-A streaming media to the home network again.

Thanks in anticipation of a solution.

:)

JWhiter, Sep 6, 2015
  2. garym123 Win User

DLNA application

The DLNA app allows the phone to stream to DLNA devices, not stream from devices to the phone.

The app is 'Play To'

garym123, Sep 6, 2015
  3. garym123 Win User
    Tips on Using Lumia Play To

To stream media you need a network media player. Stand alone speakers don't provide DLNA.

A little article

What Is a Network Media Player?

Most stream to a DLNA TV or an xbox

garym123, Sep 6, 2015
  4. PJLLB Win User

Is WMP set to monitor the correct file locations?

PJLLB, Sep 6, 2015
  5. JWhiter Win User
    I think I know what you mean - in WMP click organize/manage libraries and check to see which folders are set as library locations for music, videos etc. If this is what you mean then the answer is "yes".

JWhiter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WMP does not stream to networked DLNA devices - Similar Threads - WMP does stream

2. Streaming to DLNA/Airplay wireless speakers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Streaming to DLNA/Airplay wireless speakers: In MacOS this has been a simple and built-in option from day 1. Simply select the speaker icon and choose the target device from the drop-down list.Is there really no equivalent in Windows?!...
  3. WMP Does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP Does not work: Hi, Windows 10 Pro on a Toshiba C655-S5540 laptop will not play any dvds. VLC will not play any dvds. In fact Nothing will play dvds. Can't even figure out how to get Autoplay to work. I have pretty much tried everything and about to take this thing down to the river and...
  4. DLNA UPnP errors while streaming video

DLNA UPnP errors while streaming video: Windows 20H2 19042.867 But I have had the problem for years. Get the same problem of random freezes with Serviio and Emby. Can go weeks without a problem and then a day or 2 of random freezes. Excerpt from Emby log from a freeze: Code: 2021-03-30 18:06:33.204 Error...
  5. Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA

Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA: Hi, I am trying to setup media streaming to allow me to stream media content from my device to a player on my network using DLNA. The actual DLNA server is working and appearing, and the player device can connect to it fine. However, none of my media is appearing in the...
  6. Undetected Network Streaming Media Device

Undetected Network Streaming Media Device: I just upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. Now my computer doesn't detect my streaming media device which was working fine under Windows 7. It's the HDHomeRun Duo TV Tuner. When I enter its URL in my browser, the browser displays its information so I know that...
  7. WMP and streaming to Roku

in Windows 10 Customization
    WMP and streaming to Roku: I have a new W10 computer and would like to use WMP to stream content home videos, photos, music from an attached external drive to my Roku Express model 3900X. This uses the Roku Media Player channel. The Roku is attached to a television sound system. In WMP Customize...
  8. DLNA servers under network locations

DLNA servers under network locations: I had a few DLNA servers (originating from the user accounts on my other desktop) showing up on my laptop under network location. At the time, I right clicked some of these and selected to remove the device. Which made them disappear from the network locations. My intention...
  9. How does one network Win10 with a media streaming device?

How does one network Win10 with a media streaming device?: For perhaps a decade now I have watched video and listened to music from my computer's media collection (now grown to over 6 terabytes) using a wired ethernet connection over to my stereo/TV thru a media streaming device (currently an LG bluray player). First I was using...
  10. WMP network sharing service

WMP network sharing service: I'm not sure many people really use or care for this feature but I still use WMP and its sharing service. I notice on Windows 10 its role as a DLNA server habitually drops and the WMP network sharing service needs restarting or a restart of Windows brings it back. It's pretty...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wmp playlists will not stream to DLNA device

2. windows10 wmp dlna