Windows 10: WMP media not appearing on TV media player after swapping to 8TB HDD

Discus and support WMP media not appearing on TV media player after swapping to 8TB HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hey all. Just looking for some help on a problem I am now having after buying a new Seagate 8Tb HDD. problem: I have transferred all my movie... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrokenMediaMan, Jun 24, 2017.

1. WMP media not appearing on TV media player after swapping to 8TB HDD

hey all.

Just looking for some help on a problem I am now having after buying a new Seagate 8Tb HDD.

problem: I have transferred all my movie files from a 2TB Seagate HDD to the new 8TB drive and when I try to stream any file on my Sony Bravia TV through its built in media player, none of the MP4 files appear, all the folders show up but none of the files inside the folders are there. All the files are on the Windows Media Player library and when I place any of the files back on the old 2TB drive they appear on the TV media player. Also when I right click any file on the WMP library and cast to device, the files play without a problem. I also have another media player installed (Emby) and all the files appear on that through the TV media player and play fine too. I prefer to use WMP to play my files locally so I really want to get it working again.

solutions I have tried.

1. reset WMP by removing database in %appdata% folder
    2. reset WMP by turning off WMP in "turn windows features on and off" settings in win 10
    3. reset library by using both options in Tools > Advanced menus in WMP
    4. plugged drive into usb 2.0 port on PC (seen that on this forum as possible solution )
    5. reset Bravia TV to factory settings (seen that on Sony forum as possible solution)

Another thing I don't get is that the new 8TB drive only shows up as 2TB on the available devices on the Sync to portable device option on WMP.

Thanks for any help with this

Desktop: HP envy Phoenix, 16gb ram, AMD Radeon R7 370 Series

:)

BrokenMediaMan, Jun 24, 2017
  2. Aktham666 Win User

[Windows 10] Movies & TV app won't play AVI file

I solved it.

Just install cole2k.media.-.codec.pack.v8.0.4.-advanced-.setup, link is here
    http://cole2k-media-standard.en.uptodown.com/
    , then you can open avi files in windows media player , groove music and movie and tv. After running these players restart your pc, then you can disable codec.pack(in the tray where it appears in the task bar
    near the langauges). WMP and others will not changes. off course there is a new version 06 but I have this from last year. I did not try the new version.

AY

Aktham666, Jun 24, 2017
  3. Windows Media override

Hi! i just downloaded the Core pocket media player in order to be able to watch youtube videos but i find out that when i try to watch tv on WMP the CPMP overrides WMP and cant play the tv, is there a way to avoid this? cuz i have to unninstall CPMP to use
    WMP and back to watch youtube videos

Moctezuma1, Jun 24, 2017
  4. WMP media not appearing on TV media player after swapping to 8TB HDD

Caledon Ken, Jun 25, 2017
  5. hey Ken, thanks for the reply, having checked the info you gave I have checked the drive and it says in the volume properties.

Partition Style: GUID Partition Table (GPT)

Thanks for any more help anyone can give me with this

BrokenMediaMan, Jun 25, 2017
  6. Thought we had that one.

This suggestion is a little more risky. I would suggest you check and see if your device has a newer BIOS available.

Updating a BIOS is your decision as you can in some circumstances "Brick" your machine. (Turn it into a brick) It doesn't happen often but it can happen. Don't do in electrical storms as power loss during update will cause serious issues.

Caledon Ken, Jun 25, 2017
  7. hey again,

I have searched for, found and installed a bios update, problem still persists.

thanks again for your help Ken

any more suggestions ?

BrokenMediaMan, Jun 26, 2017
  8. WMP media not appearing on TV media player after swapping to 8TB HDD

Well one more. Not necessarily what you want but...

Could you partition the drive into 4+ partitions. Just as a try.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 26, 2017
  9. hey again,

I am currently copying all files to other drives in order to format the 8TB drive, will let you know how I get on.

thanks again for your help Ken

BrokenMediaMan, Jun 26, 2017
  10. hey again,

well it seems to be sorted, the final solution was to format the drive to 8TB and all the files now appear as they should and can be streamed as normal.

So Ken thanks for the help and for pointing me in the right direction.

FixedMediaMan

BrokenMediaMan, Jun 28, 2017
  11. Great. Thanks for posting solution. Please mark thread solved so others will find.

Thanks

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WMP media not appearing on TV media player after swapping to 8TB HDD

1. WMP media not appearing on TV media player after swapping to 8TB HDD - Similar Threads - WMP media appearing

2. Movies & TV + Media Player Error 0xc00d36b4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV + Media Player Error 0xc00d36b4: Hello,Despite working fine just last night, I'm now unable to play any videos I have on my PC. It tells me it cannot play because the format isn't supported and gives me the error code 0xc00d36b4. Movies & TV has always been buggy for me, so I tried Media Player only to get...
  3. Setting Movies and TV as a default media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Movies and TV as a default media player: Hello!I would like to use Movies and TV as a default media player especially for .mp4 and .mov files but there seems no option including Movies and TV. Whats the solution?...
  4. Setting Movies and TV as a default media player

Setting Movies and TV as a default media player: Hello!I would like to use Movies and TV as a default media player especially for .mp4 and .mov files but there seems no option including Movies and TV. Whats the solution?...
  5. Recorded TV on Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recorded TV on Windows Media Player?: On Windows Media Player, there's a feature called Recorded TV where it mostly lets you view content you recorded from a DVR or something. How does that work? And is there a way I can record TV onto the library?...
  6. Recorded TV on Windows Media Player?

Recorded TV on Windows Media Player?: On Windows Media Player, there's a feature called Recorded TV where it mostly lets you view content you recorded from a DVR or something. How does that work? And is there a way I can record TV onto the library?...
  7. Why there are 3 media SW? Media Player, Windows Media Player and Films & TV?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why there are 3 media SW? Media Player, Windows Media Player and Films & TV?: It is just curiosity and I am thinking to delete one of them. Actually I've been using VLC for movies and musik spotify. Long time agora I used to use Winamp! Anyway, are those SW that come along with Windows 11 all relevant? Should I keep the 3? Which is the best for music...
  8. Why there are 3 media SW? Media Player, Windows Media Player and Films & TV?

Why there are 3 media SW? Media Player, Windows Media Player and Films & TV?: It is just curiosity and I am thinking to delete one of them. Actually I've been using VLC for movies and musik spotify. Long time agora I used to use Winamp! Anyway, are those SW that come along with Windows 11 all relevant? Should I keep the 3? Which is the best for music...
  9. Media - WMP and Groove

in Windows 10 Support
    Media - WMP and Groove: I drag 250Gb of music into the playlist and they bork. LOL. I realise that was probably a big ask but in these days of massive storage for cheap a media player should handle it. And don't get me started on why I have 22 albums listed with 1 song in each for a 22 track...
  10. Internet tv for windows media player

Internet tv for windows media player: Hi I have found in the program and features on my windows 10 pro the following Internet TV for windows media player about 13 meg dated 2012. which I guess was from windows 7 pro upgraded to win 10 pro, I have a HP HPE -8-1075uk which came with a hauppauge msi2500dvbt and...