Windows 10: WMP Will Not Save Playlist

Discus and support WMP Will Not Save Playlist in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a new computer with Win 10 Home installed. I am trying to use WMP and create some music playlists. When I create a list of songs and try to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sasha100, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Sasha100 Win User

WMP Will Not Save Playlist

I have a new computer with Win 10 Home installed. I am trying to use WMP and create some music playlists. When I create a list of songs and try to save them as a playlist I get a pop-up that says: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while creating or saving the playlist". I have clicked on "Web Help" in the pop-up box and tried all the suggested solutions, but none of them have solved the problem. Can you please help.

:)

Sasha100, Apr 14, 2017

2. Windows Media Player in WM6.1 saves playlists incorrectly

Sorry for lack of update.

Simple, just open Windows Media Player, update library, and add files by queuing up tracks from the library to the Now Playing list

After that, within the Now Playing list, save the playlist and give it a name. Step by step orders:

1. Open WMP

2. Open [Menu] -> [Library] -> [My Musics]

3. Add files by clicking on [Menu] -> [Queue Up] on each files in order.

4. Click [(<-) Back] until the main player screen

5. Click [Now Playing]

6. Click [Menu] -> [Save Playlist]

7. Type the desired playlist Name and confirm overwriting of existing playlist (after modifying playlist)

8. Save the playlist

9. Reload the playlist within active WMP or after restarting WMP.

Then the problem just occurs everytime I do these steps (I think It's normal, right?)

At that time, I've confirmed that the error comes from the WMP.

After saving the playlist (Step 8), before closing WMP or even after closing WMP from Task Manager, I open the playlist File using Word Mobile and there it is, the path names are written partially in the correct location and partially in the wrong location
    (based on the Playlist folder)

So, each time I unload the playlist by exiting WMP or loading other playlist, then reload the just-saved playlist, a lot of files could not be played.

That's how it is. I hope that this information will be helpful. Thanks

Joshia Setiawan, Apr 14, 2017
  3. Windows Media Player

Since update to Windows 10 and WMP V12 the application no longer able to create 'playlists' for some reason. Other than reloading the Win10 home edition which has WMP embedded (which may not solve the problem) I am unable to save my files in playlists. Any
    experts out there with a solution would be most appreciated.

Frustrated

Frustrater, Apr 14, 2017
  4. Sasha100 Win User

Update: I have done a few things since posting:
    1. I have shut off WMP by going to Control Panel, typing in "windows features', finding WMP and 'unchecked' the box. Then 'restarted' my computer. Then I went back to Control Panel (as before) and 'checked' the WMP box. I was lead to believe that this would reset WMP, but it did not work.

2. As stated in my original post: I clicked on "Web Help" that is part of the pop-up that says 'Windows Media Player encountered a problem while creating or saving the playlist'. I followed the suggested solutions (2) but that did not work either.

3. This problem occurs if I put in music files on the right hand side of WMP and try to save to a playlist by using the 'save' button, OR trying to 'create' a playlist on the left hand side of WMP.

Thanks for any help!

Sasha100, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

1. WMP Will Not Save Playlist - Similar Threads - WMP Save Playlist

2. Windows Media Player 11 will not save playlist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player 11 will not save playlist.: Can not create or save playlist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-11-will-not-save-playlist/d691c5b4-12b3-4d5a-ae9e-4f3a1ea7fdbc
  3. Windows Media Player 11 will not save playlist.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player 11 will not save playlist.: Can not create or save playlist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-11-will-not-save-playlist/d691c5b4-12b3-4d5a-ae9e-4f3a1ea7fdbc
  4. Why does WMP fail to save playlists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does WMP fail to save playlists: Why does WMP fail to save playlists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-wmp-fail-to-save-playlists/9ad765bd-d77f-4c64-9127-9782acc3ea3a
  5. Why does WMP fail to save playlists

Why does WMP fail to save playlists: Why does WMP fail to save playlists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-wmp-fail-to-save-playlists/9ad765bd-d77f-4c64-9127-9782acc3ea3a
  6. media player refuses to save playlists

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media player refuses to save playlists: windows media player refuses to make / save playlists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-refuses-to-save-playlists/74c0a886-0c4d-4016-8f21-2f082e2b125b
  7. Media player that saves position in Playlist?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media player that saves position in Playlist?: Does anyone know of a media player that after closing saves the position in a playlist, even in shuffle? So when I re open it I dont have to start the playlist over again and remembers what the previously played files were in the order. So far I tried VLC, MPC-BE and...
  8. Why does WMP give us such poor options to create automatic playlist?

Why does WMP give us such poor options to create automatic playlist?: I'm so frustrated at MS Windows Media Player. It's the app I use the most for playing mp3. On iTunes, automatic playlists are so smart that you can almost create regular expressions with it, it's almost like a mini SQL. On windows, WMP is so poor that it only has 'Is',...
  9. cant save playlist in windows media player?

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant save playlist in windows media player?: cant save playlist in windows media player 12 ? windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-save-playlist-in-windows-media-player/a7338afe-1f7f-40d5-bfe1-7cb48ddb80a8
  10. can I import playlist from WMP windows 8.1 to 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can I import playlist from WMP windows 8.1 to 10: Is it possible to import WMP library music from windows 8.1 to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-import-playlist-from-wmp-windows-81-to-10/532e0549-c08b-403a-86f5-e469d5b412e5"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot save wnp playlist