Windows 10: WMP won't play music

Discus and support WMP won't play music in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After over 20 years of enjoying music through WMP I find on this near new laptop with WIn 10 that WMP won't play music files from the music folder or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nithig, May 6, 2018.

1. nithig Win User

WMP won't play music

After over 20 years of enjoying music through WMP I find on this near new laptop with WIn 10 that WMP won't play music files from the music folder or those stored in the WMP library.
    So I went to give feedback via the Feedback Hub but the msg was not sent as I was informed this laptop was not connected to the internet. Well, as you can see from this post the connection is good.

So what's going on in the MS world? Are they deliberately trying to vex us or is it just too many departments competing with one another instead of co-operating?

I really don't have the energy to try to find a solution .... it becomes a mission and hour/days are lost while trying to comprehend some help desk person who is doing their best with what their screen tells them.

Anyone else having WMP problems?

What's a good free alternative?

:)

nithig, May 6, 2018
Thema:

WMP won't play music

1. WMP won't play music - Similar Threads - WMP won't play

2. WMP won't play media files on networked upnp HD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP won't play media files on networked upnp HD: I connected a WD drive to the network via usb through my PC shared the HD path throughout the network. i can play any video through File Explorer. When i use WMP and see the files on my UPNP HD the files do no seem to have any length and i am unable to play them through...
  3. MP3 music syncing with WMP

MP3 music syncing with WMP: Hi: I am trying to transfer a playlist of MP3s music to a thumb drive for playback in my Honda 2013 sound system via an USB receptacle jack. With the Play tab selected in WMP, I selected all songs and dragged to the Playlist righthand panel. Then selected the Sync tab....
  4. Cortana won't play music

in Cortana
    Cortana won't play music: Hi guys ! How can I control music with cortana with latest update? When I say her " Cortana play some music" She answer me: "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here." Please how can i fix this ? [Original Title: Cortana]...
  5. wmp won't play from my dvd?

in Windows 10 Customization
    wmp won't play from my dvd?: Any idea why? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-wont-play-from-my-dvd/d25acd14-2f81-4227-bd81-100a9e1a9983
  6. Combining music in WMP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Combining music in WMP: I am trying to combine items of music into individual albums. As an example I may have two identical albums (say two Arthur Lyman albums) pictured with different selections from the same album. One has tracks 1,3 and 5 and 7.The other 2,4,8, etc. Is there a way to combine the...
  7. WMP will not create a music CD

WMP will not create a music CD: Many thanks to those who may have offered their suggestions. Most unfortunately, NOTHING WORKED. I tried every suggestion that was offered but without success. I did, however manage to create the Music CD I wanted, BUT on a competitor's system/software. Need less...
  8. wmp onedrive music and folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wmp onedrive music and folder issue: So trying to remove onedrive music folder and can not delete, takeover or move the onedrive path. I have created a new music folder in the c:/users/user/Music and copied all of the music folders to that directory. The desktop shortcut still points to Thispc/Music with the...
  9. Burning music to a disc in WMP...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning music to a disc in WMP...: When trying to burn music from my library to a disc I get the following message after it indicates the burn is complete: "Windows Media Player encountered an error while burning. Verify that the burner is connected properly and that the disc is clean and not damaged."...
  10. WMP won't play music

WMP won't play music: I keep hearing good things about Iceland jimbo ... hopefully get there to visit (but in the Summer!) skal @nithig Thanks - it's a great friendly place like Ireland the same philosophy "No such thing as strangers -- just friends who haven't yet met" !!!!! try the...