Windows 10: WMP12 + UHD Problems

Discus and support WMP12 + UHD Problems in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Greetings! I just received my new TV which sports a 3840 x 2160 Resolution and I was just testing some stuff when I already encountered a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Durahl, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Durahl Win User

WMP12 + UHD Problems

Greetings!

I just received my new TV which sports a 3840 x 2160 Resolution and I was just testing some stuff when I already encountered a problem when it comes to watching SOME Video files:

Watching the Video File using Windows Media Player 12 in Fullscreen Mode:

WMP12 + UHD Problems [​IMG]

While the right side plays fine, the left has this repeating blueish copy of the right one.
    Sound plays fine too ( HDMI )

Watching the Video File using Windows Media Player 12 in Window Mode:

Working fine.

Watching the Video File using Movies & TV App in Fullscreen:

Working fine as well.

Problem with using the Movies & TV app is just that it's not doing terribly well with Subtitles of some shows I watch so I'd have to rely Media Player Classic as it too appears to be working despite being ugly as hell.

Out of curiosity I halved the resolution back to 1920 x 1080 what it used to be with my old TV and it works fine so it appears to be a resolution thing but that doesn't exactly help me in pinning down the exact problem xD

Any ideas how to solve this problem while watching Videos on 3840 x 2160 using Windows Media Player 12?
    GPU us a GTX 780

Thanks in Advance =)

:)

Durahl, Nov 2, 2015

2. windows media player 12

Hi,After having problems with WMP12 Iuninstalled it(I thought) with iObit Uninstaller program. I found WMP12 in devices and drivers and when I clicked on it I got info that WMP12 was not installed correctly-this is what I want to put right .Help please.

James Rimmer

jamesrimmerVM, Nov 2, 2015
  3. MTP Device Driver Problem(Ovisuite + N8)

Mowie101 advice does not work for me cause i have WMP12 by default in windows 7

uvwanderer, Nov 2, 2015
  4. Durahl Win User

WMP12 + UHD Problems

Answering my own Question I was able to solve the problem by increasing the resolution from 3840 x 2160 to the TV's native 4096 x 2160.
    No clue why THAT fixed the issue though but hey... beggars can't be choosers =)

Durahl, Nov 6, 2015
Thema:

WMP12 + UHD Problems

1. WMP12 + UHD Problems - Similar Threads - WMP12 UHD Problems

2. Intel UHD 770 Windows Media Player Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel UHD 770 Windows Media Player Problem: HelloWhen I try to open a video with mp4 extension on Windows media player, it gives the attached error.If I disable the video card, the video plays. If I plug in an external graphics card, it still turns on.K-Lite is also installed on the computer.I have to use this because...
  3. Problem with intel UHD graphics on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with intel UHD graphics on laptop: The problem is that when I start the laptop with integrated Intel UHD graphics, the screen turns yellow, when I go into Intel graphics management and reset the color settings to factory, everything looks fine,but when you reboot the problem does not disappear. I did...
  4. Problem with intel UHD graphics on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with intel UHD graphics on laptop: The problem is that when I start the laptop with integrated Intel UHD graphics, the screen turns yellow, when I go into Intel graphics management and reset the color settings to factory, everything looks fine,but when you reboot the problem does not disappear. I did...
  5. Intel UHD Graphics 620 driver rollback problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel UHD Graphics 620 driver rollback problem: Hey Microsoft Community. I am currently running a Windows 11 Home build from the Windows Insider Beta program. The Windows Update keeps rolling my Intel UHD Graphics 620 driver to 27.20.100.8853, when the Intel website is telling me to update to 31.0.101.2111. Every time I...
  6. Intel UHD Graphics 620 driver rollback problem

Intel UHD Graphics 620 driver rollback problem: Hey Microsoft Community. I am currently running a Windows 11 Home build from the Windows Insider Beta program. The Windows Update keeps rolling my Intel UHD Graphics 620 driver to 27.20.100.8853, when the Intel website is telling me to update to 31.0.101.2111. Every time I...
  7. WMP12 after MS update obliterated it

WMP12 after MS update obliterated it: My Windows 10 x64 system applied a large update last evening. Now, I don't have Windows Media Player 12 any more. Is it possible to get it back? If not, can I rollback the update? 110246
  8. WMP12 Low quality album art

WMP12 Low quality album art: Okay so I was wondering why WMP is showing low quality versions of the high quality album art I have. Here is an image to show you the difference. [img] 26176
  9. Problem with Windows 10 and uhd tv

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problem with Windows 10 and uhd tv: Hi I was using my computer with a HD TV, and I disabled the monitor in the settings. Now I have upgraded my TV to a uhd but it says there is no signal. If I unplugged the TV from the computer I can get the monitor back, but I can't set the settings for the TV, because I...
  10. Randomising order of auto playlist (WMP12)

in Windows 10 Support
    Randomising order of auto playlist (WMP12): There's two ways of randomising a playlist, you can turn shuffle on, or you can randomise the order of the playlist itself, then play it in sequence. I can't work out how to randomise the order of my playlist in WMP12. I know that there's a "Randomize Playback Order" as...